The new rail did great!

dunefreak

Well last weekend was my new rail's first trip out. I must say I am one happy camper. Short Sand Cars really did a great job putting this car together. I really didn't have any issues with the car other than a light that broke at the stud mount and the oil pressure reading a bit low on the Intelidash. I checked it with a manual gauge so I knew it actually had pressure so maybe it's just a sender issue or something. :bash:

Other than that the car was a blast to drive. The new car seems a bit faster thatn my old rail and even wheelies over the small rollers. :beercheers: Ragdoll got soem video of one of the small ones I did. Maybe he can post it up later. Those comp cut paddles hooked just right. The new car rides better, looks better, is more comfortable, seems faster, and is altogether badass. I didn't once get on either one of my quads I brought out. :unsure: I was behind the wheel all weekend with a grin from ear to ear. :dance: :smoker:

I wasn't able to get any action shots since I was the only one driving it all weekend, but I got some of it sittin pretty. :laughing:

S2010095~5.JPG

S2010094~5.JPG

S2010096~4.JPG

S2010099~2.JPG

S2010109~3.JPG

S2010116~3.JPG

S2010120~3.JPG

apparently i mistakenly thought that you had disassembled your car, re-did it, than re-assembled it in a new scheme.

looks muoy bueno.

nope...new car :beercheers::D

i saw that at the cleanup...i really like the chrome and the whole look of it!!

Thanks! I'm diggin the new look.

waaay cool man! glad to hear that. same motor that was in the last car right? any top speed readings?

Yup, Hayabusa :beercheers: I never really payed too much attention to the highest speed that I set in the car. I do believe I cruised over the whoops about 65 though. :smoker: :D

:ban-split:

Man when you guys got bored this week you took some great pictures for the DDR header... 4 picture down is another sweet canidate.. When i get to work tomorrow ill put that one together as well :D

I was fortunate enough to ride petes other bikes since mine was the parts bike since i had a de de deeee moment and didnt check my rear brakes before i left the house... got to the dunes and check it out no brakes :chev_bowtie: Thanks pete for letting me ride your stuff :D

Im really diggin the looks of the new car came out awesome bud.

From the nice run we took after the meet-n-greet sat, it looks like it handles great. We must have been going too fast cuz we lost everyone else. :chev_bowtie:

Congrats on the new car! Lets keep this one together shall we! :ban-split:

Yeah I wish I could have gotten some action photos of the car, but I was too busy driving it :laughoff::thumb: and having a blast too worry about those kind of pics this time around. :dance: I'll try and get some in a few weeks. :laughoff:

Heck Yeah, That's a sweet car there Pete. :thumb:

Very clean build. Great color choice. Pannels look awesome, well now... :laughoff:

Remember the 'Bud Light' talk we had? Bud>> :laughoff: <<Coors

:dance: :laughoff:

Congrads and welcome back. :rockon:

:thumb::thumb:

From the nice run we took after the meet-n-greet sat, it looks like it handles great. We must have been going too fast cuz we lost everyone else. :thumb:

Congrats on the new car! Lets keep this one together shall we! :laughoff:

You didn't lose us I had told Sandemon that it would be a short ride back to camp. He had no lights and dark goggles so he was sorta in the dark! I felt bad for him and didn't want him to have to run in the dark and it looked like Pete was headed for the North Pole. And you wern't going to fast cause I spent the entire trip in 2nd gear. Maybe next time we could step it up a notch and I could catch 3rd? :dance:

Ya gotta love :rules: that first shakedown. Very sweet. We passed you as you were going out and we were coming in. Would have liked to gone on a ride. :blink: Maybe next time.

I too wish we could have gotten a run in together. Definitely next time though. :D

The first cruise in the car was awesome. I unloaded it Wed night when I got there and took it just outside of camp to see how it felt. (I didn't want to hit the dunes until daylight) The first time I nailed the throttle I saw the front suspension completely unload, I got pushed back in my seat and off it went. I was like "wow...awesome". What a feeling! :thumb: I can't wait to get back out there with it.

also: Nannette Short from Short Sand Cars called me today after reading this thread and wanted to hear about everything. She was thrilled that I was happy with the car. They really take pride in their cars and ensuring customer satisfaction. She is sending me a brand new light asap to replace the one that broke and Larry is gonna call me as soon as he talks with Intelidash to figure out the low oil pressure readings on the dash. THAT'S customer service. Thanks again Short Sand Cars! :jester: You guys are great!

:beercheers: ...looked sweet pete...the blue even looked better in person

Looks really good...larry does make an awesome car...did you get any #'s up comp right or anything...you should take it to sand mountain utah and see how fast it goes...ours did 94 up sand mt...how did those paddles do? looks like a lot of bite.

Edited by Spider

Looks really good...larry does make an awesome car...did you get any #'s up comp right or anything...you should take it to sand mountain utah and see how fast it goes...ours did 94 up sand mt...how did those paddles do? looks like a lot of bite.

Thanks. Yes the tires had some pretty good bite and hooked really well. I never got over to comp. I somehow never really made it over there. :mc_smiley: I doubt I'd be THAT fast up comp since it isn't as fast as the turboed cars, but I bet it would still produce some good #'s. I'm not much of a hill shooter though. I like to dune. :ban-split: