Thinking about buying a rhino

sand chick

We are thinking about getting a Rhino. We see alot of them wherever we go. How do they ride? I have heard they are tippy... is that true? I like my mini buggy very much but I have a hard time sand driving with it, its great for dirt, but when we go to sand I am usually borrowing a quad. So now we are trying to decide KFX 700, VW motor for the mini buggy or Rhino?? Don't know anyone with a Rhino or anyone with experience. :blink: Any advice?

if you want to go in the sand.....get a samurai. less then half the cost, twice the power of a rhino , more tire, more gear choices, wider, same weight, and uh.....oh yea way way way cheaper.

We are thinking about getting a Rhino. We see alot of them wherever we go. How do they ride? I have heard they are tippy... is that true? I like my mini buggy very much but I have a hard time sand driving with it, its great for dirt, but when we go to sand I am usually borrowing a quad. So now we are trying to decide KFX 700, VW motor for the mini buggy or Rhino?? Don't know anyone with a Rhino or anyone with experience. :laughoff: Any advice?

if you get a rhino dont expect to get up all the hills but they are fun if you keep up the momentum u can make it up most of the hills. they are a little tippy if you dont have long travel so thats what u need to be careful about. but they are very fun over all i love mine. just get 5 pt. harnesses put on your rhino if get one, if you tip you dont want to have the regular seat belts :thumb: good luck if you get one :blink:

Depends on what you plan on riding?? if you want to cruise around the dunes flat areas (they will climb)if you want to go through the dunes, just not very fast,or trail rides they are bitchen.and you can take someone with you..and mostly HAVE A COOLER with ya 24/7.. :laughoff: they are cool. fun to drive.. :blink:

and there ideal if you have to plow a field, mend a fence ,drag a dead goat off the ,farm take your pig for a ride, haul hay .you know, the farmer thing :blink:

the new 800cc polaris rzr looks promising low center of gravity narrower bigger motor only holds 2.......

so your choices arnt limited for that kind of money you could get a sand rail or a sami.................

but if your wife wants one your screwed :laughoff:

Edited by barefoot bob

and there ideal if you have to plow a field, mend a fence ,drag a dead goat off the ,farm take your pig for a ride, haul hay .you know, the farmer thing :blink:

the new 800cc polaris rzr looks promising low center of gravity narrower bigger motor only holds 2.......

so your choices arnt limited for that kind of money you could get a sand rail or a sami.................

but if your wife wants one your screwed :laughoff:

yeah if you want a rzr wait in line dealers in utah have presold there alotment . we just got ours and we like it just dont treat it like a quad when turning and read the terrain before attempting any munuevers. :thumb:

Edited by warrior07

i dont really like the polaris rzr they are only 50" wide less sholder room campaired to the rhino and you can roll a rhino if ur not careful but with a 800EFI that would be fast but but u flip very very easy.. just my :beatdeadhorse:

and there ideal if you have to plow a field, mend a fence ,drag a dead goat off the ,farm take your pig for a ride, haul hay .you know, the farmer thing :happydrunks:

but if your wife wants one your screwed :headbang1:

I am the wife :D :mc_smiley: I DO WANT ONE!!!!! :laughoff:

I have a mini buggy, but it wants to grow up and be YOUR rail. :D even the right color :beatdeadhorse: I seem to have the same problems with it that everyone else keeps listing about the rhino. So I guess if I want the power to keep up with my group in the sand I should either up grade the buggy motor again or get the KFX700??

I'm gonna stay out of this one. :mc_smiley: :beatdeadhorse:

HEY THANKS I COULD USE YOUR HELP HERE!! :happydrunks::headbang1:

I want everyone's opinon. I don't want to be stuck with something I can't use in the sand.

Come on I KNOW you have :laughoff: What would you do?? Rhino, KFX700, Buggy motor upgrade?

Well then it all depends on what you use it for.

If you want to really start duning Dumont then the KFX700 will be best. You can go fast OR slow on it and reach the tops of every hill there with no problem at all.

If you get a Rhino, you will be spending a bit more money and will be limited to where you go out there. You will have fun, but in time I think you'll get bored with it.

I'm not too familiar with your little buggy, but I'd say keep it for a secondary sand toy and definitley have it for the desert. :clap:

We're going to buy a rhino,, we're waiting for the next generation to be out.

Kawai mule sport is gonna be a v twin with FI, so when the next generation dust settles on all the lines we'll be buying one too.

They are pure fun at the river.

I am the wife :D:flipoff: I DO WANT ONE!!!!! :flipoff:

I have a mini buggy, but it wants to grow up and be YOUR rail. :D even the right color :stirthepot: I seem to have the same problems with it that everyone else keeps listing about the rhino. So I guess if I want the power to keep up with my group in the sand I should either up grade the buggy motor again or get the KFX700??

Man she's been drooling over that rail since she saw it. I have to keep her away from the dealer's. I keep expecting to come home from work and see a LT car in the driveway :flipoff:

So you guys think a Rhino is not gonna be the best choice?

If she plans on buying a rhino to keep up on the group rides. I suggest..... Dont buy one. Get the kfx. The only way a rhino is going to keep up on a group ride, Is if the whole group are in rhinos or maybe lt 80 quads.

I am the wife :D:thumb: I DO WANT ONE!!!!! :thumb:

I have a mini buggy, but it wants to grow up and be YOUR rail. :D even the right color :offtopic: I seem to have the same problems with it that everyone else keeps listing about the rhino. So I guess if I want the power to keep up with my group in the sand I should either up grade the buggy motor again or get the KFX700??

seee, you are the wife thats that perioud end.

or you can buy mine....................................................................................... :shake:

its like not for sale but i would sell it cause im starting to get a new idea for a biuld :dance:

Edited by barefoot bob

seee, you are the wife thats that perioud end.

or you can buy mine....................................................................................... :watching:

its like not for sale but i would sell it cause im starting to get a new idea for a biuld :dance:

I wish I could buy it. But I can I at least drool on it a little if I promise to clean it up? PPPPlease. That is one NICE ride. I think we have decided with the KFX700 until I can afford a NICE rail.

Hmmm........... Financing................ :ninja:

I wish I could buy it. But I can I at least drool on it a little if I promise to clean it up? PPPPlease. That is one NICE ride. I think we have decided with the KFX700 until I can afford a NICE rail.

Hmmm........... Financing................ :ninja:

GREAT choice there Jodi!! Like Pete said, that Kawi will get you ANYwhere in the sand you wanna go, AND you won't have to buy paddles to do it, unless you want to of course. :watching: It'll do great on trails too. I took my sister-in-law's rock climbing/trail riding in Marysvale, Utah with no problem what so ever!

post-1889-1176179564.gif

and there ideal if you have to plow a field, mend a fence ,drag a dead goat off the ,farm take your pig for a ride, haul hay .you know, the farmer thing :ninja:

but if your wife wants one your screwed :watching:

Wait until he gets one. We'll have the last laugh... :dance: :drinkbeer:

I found this picture. Looks like same size huh? Interesting. Someone brought this up and figured I would post a pic (truck shows was $3200)

post-1304-1176183863.jpg

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Wait until he gets one. We'll have the last laugh... :laughoff::finger:

I found this picture. Looks like same size huh? Interesting. Someone brought this up and figured I would post a pic (truck shows was $3200)

the possability of being forced to buy one is very real im married i have a female if she saise i want guess what................................................... :dunno:

the kawi looks like fun and more powerfull than farm equipment :laughoff:

Edited by barefoot bob

Ok finally decided. Way out of left field but oh well it works!

Forget the rhino, won't work for what I want to do! :(

Keep mini buggy as is and keep practicing in it, maybe I can learn how to dune it better with practice :D

Forget the KFX700! Awsome ride though! :laughoff:

Buy the Scrambler I have been borrowing anyway, it works just fine. Cheaper than the KFX700.

post-2396-1176596912.gif

Keep the money in the LTRail Savings!! :freakin_nuts: Get the rail I really want someday sooner instead of draining the savings now!!

:D:D:D:D:D:laughoff: :dunce:

HEY THANKS I COULD USE YOUR HELP HERE!! :loser::woo_hoo:

I want everyone's opinon. I don't want to be stuck with something I can't use in the sand.

Come on I KNOW you have :dope: What would you do?? Rhino, KFX700, Buggy motor upgrade?

Don't buy anything Bob will want to modify you see what happened to reliable mini buggy(may have not been very fast but was reliable wasn't it?) I could only imagine what he could do to a rhino may saw in half ad some blazer or durango running gear.

Get the KFX700 you did really well riding Shawnas bike that weekend

or bring up your mini buggy and we'll VW'ise it :mc_smiley:

Edited by lakecitydan

Don't buy anything Bob will want to modify you see what happened to reliable mini buggy(may have not been very fast but was reliable wasn't it?) I could only imagine what he could do to a rhino may saw in half ad some blazer or durango running gear.

Get the KFX700 you did really well riding Shawnas bike that weekend

or bring up your mini buggy and we'll VW'ise it :mc_smiley:

:loser::woo_hoo: