The VT shooters gun was obtained ILLEGALLY

Vegashd

the kid lied on the answers asking if he was ever in therapy, ever on medication for moods and mental issues, and whatnot. this makes it a felony, lying on a weapons application. Thus making the gun acquired illegally. if they would have ever done a backround check on him while he was in possetin of that weapon, and found out about his loony bin visits and meds, he would have been in jail.

Edited by dnchevyman

the kid lied on the answers asking if he was ever in therapy, ever on medication for moods and mental issues, and whatnot. this makes it a felony, lying on a weapons application. Thus making the gun acquired illegally. if they would have ever done a backround check on him while he was in possetin of that weapon, and found out about his loony bin visits and meds, he would have been in jail.

i dont know anything about the gun process. but they did an interview with the guy where 9 mill was bought, said they did a background check I thought???

actually i was surprised as hell to see he could walk in and walk out with a gun in hand the same day

Edited by Sincity_blondie

yea, i hear ya. but its now known that the kid had mental problems, was prescribed medications, and received therapy. all of these automatically deny a person from obtaining a firearm. i dunno if the backround check goes into mental background, it might just be a prison and arrest background.

Technically the gun was purchased illegally. But the illegality lies on the buyer in this instance. If this kid had a background check done in any state in this nation, he would have been issued a gun. Maybe not that day but... A background check will not turn up psyc probs or meds. Unless there was criminal activity. He lied on his application, there is no way they can check what a doctor has prescribed you. The guy was a nut, watch the news tonight, you will see why there was a 2 hour delay between shooting sprees.

I agree with mredgy The background check doesnt kick back campus counselor therapy sessions or psych visits. It kicks back fellony prosecutions. In fact most states dont even have a cross reference!

Guns can be bought or stolen anywhere! The fact of the matter is Mr Bizarro should have had his butt kicked off that campus at the first clue he was defective and before that the kids in the nieghborhood

should had a "bring to Jesus" meeting with him early. Teach your kids to have a zero tollerance for the psycho kid in your nieghborhood and report him and never give up reporting on him, or his family. This reminds me of a little family that lived in our neighborhood where two of the boys in the

family where little devients...We as a group of citizens never let anything slide....good news they moved

on...go gotta protect your own I say. o.k. I'm off the soap box...

Gun purchased legally or illegally? Does it really matter? If he wouldnt have been able to get a gun, He may have just made a bomb. Sick freaky people are sick freaky people.

Gun purchased legally or illegally? Does it really matter? If he wouldnt have been able to get a gun, He may have just made a bomb. Sick freaky people are sick freaky people.

Thats what I was saying at dinner last night...Imagine that guy with 10 lbs of C4 strapped to his person!!!! :smoker:

Cho was not ordered into a hospitial, so making the gun purchace legal, a teacher did tell the police about his behavior. there were signs that he was a danger to himself and others. But our own system has failed us, to many checks and balances.

You can also be charged with a felony, and still purchase a hand gun, its when you get CONVICTED of a felony, that you can not purchase or have a gun in your possesion.

yea, i know, i was just clearing up what deven posted. and beleive me, deven and i are two very pro gun peeps. between the 2 of us, we have an arsenal to take on the southern half of china.

Dude, no disrespect. I am also a proponent of the constitutional right to bear arms. I just don't think any gun laws can stop this kind of thing. Obviously this kid was delusional and or schizophrenic. :smoker:

In that 2 hour break in shootings he mailed off that package to NBC explaining his actions. My problem is why did it take so long to notify the students of a possible bad situatuation? Aren't there intercom systems in the buildings for a mass bulliten?

And as far as the weapons being issued to him, legal or illegal there are guns to be had almost anywhere. I am not sure on the laws over there but they need to be looked at. A 14 day waiting period is to short in my mind for any state. I feel it should go up to 45 days or even longer to ensure plenty of time for an investigation to be cleared on anyone wanting to obtain a handgun/rifle.

Being in the law field I take guns seriously. Then smallest guns made can still KILL! My daughters both know I carry a weapon for work and sometimes offduty. My oldest knows how to download my magazines (under close supervision) I want her to be familiar with the gun and be able to recognize one from a distance.

People that kill others and then themselfs are generally cowards in my personal opinion. If you want to die then leave a note explaining this and go somewhere secluded and do the deal!

Too many lives have changed FOREVER over this guy getting picked on! Sure in time they will get back to a normal routine again, but they will never be the same.

Actually most colleges dont have a PA or loud speaker system...im sure this is going to change now though.

Some Universities have a broadcast system in place. When a student registers, they are required to sign up for text service thru the school. Most kids have cell phones and all of them use texting as a way to further communicate. The school can send a broadcast text to all students who registered. This is a very easy way to get messages out. Not perfect ...but better than most other avenues. :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:

Some Universities have a broadcast system in place. When a student registers, they are required to sign up for text service thru the school. Most kids have cell phones and all of them use texting as a way to further communicate. The school can send a broadcast text to all students who registered. This is a very easy way to get messages out. Not perfect ...but better than most other avenues. :shout: :shout: :shout: :shout:

This is actually a pretty cool system! But im sure there will be a law requiring some sort of campus comunication in the near future.

Cho was not ordered into a hospitial, so making the gun purchace legal, a teacher did tell the police about his behavior. there were signs that he was a danger to himself and others. But our own system has failed us, to many checks and balances.

You can also be charged with a felony, and still purchase a hand gun, its when you get CONVICTED of a felony, that you can not purchase or have a gun in your possesion.

Not completly true - You can seal your record and even with a homicide conviction, you may go through the process after 10years of the case being over.

So am I understanding this right? Someone goes to buy a gun...fills out an application...and only some of the info is double checked? We actually expect looney people to be honest about their lunacy? Most crazy people don't believe they are carzy anyway!

I hope some info on this kids parents comes out eventually. They definitley get the F-up's of the year award!