What's everyone riding?

Don29palms

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH, What Pete said! :flipoff: ^^^^^^^^

Is that one of SU's Superlite Chassis???

I've always liked their cars.

R-

thanks guys, been workin on it for a while

Suspensions Unlimited sand pro ultralight with a 2d.... think i'm gonna call it "v8bait" :laughoff:

• 4 weeks later...

just got my new rail last week, i feel like a kid waiting for christmas..... can't wait for this weekend. After this weeknd it will hopefully be at my buddies house gettin some graphics.

DSC01581-1.jpg

DSC01585-2.jpg

this is a nice rail. I think this is what i want. did they do every thing for you???

this my car i call it "draggin tales" its an eyeball fabrication phantom it has 20" front on bypasses and 23" rear on bypasses chromoly frame powersteering mendeola sequential trans with a 383 ci chevy small block with eagle 4" stroke crank, eagle rods ,je pistons, pro comp cam, gear drive, mowtown hardcore aluminum heads that flow 310 cfm per cyl, and 871 don hampton blower and f.a.s.t. fuel injection it puts out 600hp to the rear wheels. conservatively it can do much more but it would be un duneable . im turning it down its running 15lbs boost im going down to 10 - 12lbs. hallowen was its first trip on new motor. i put seat heaters in , navigation, and a stereo. i like it its scary fast.

motor.jpg

3a1b5f8c.jpg

100_0189.jpg

hood.jpg

its the advertising car in sand sport for eyeball fab , and its in the "sand dreams" throttle junkey video,

and its here http://eyeballfab.com/

post-1340-1162396880.jpg

Edited by bearfoot bob

this is a nice rail. I think this is what i want. did they do every thing for you???

i got the trans from a buddy of mine and the complete engine assembly from metric motors in utah. it is alot faster than i intended, but i can always back off the gas. front brakes are def. nice to have as well, glad i did it. :blink:

Edited by got boost?

How wide is the rear? Just wandering how they achieve 23" of wheel travel?

96" wide i use off set rims or it would be 98" on 934 microstubs approx 6" is sag.

that is according to biulder.

( and when you try to jack it up its got a lot of droop lol )

Edited by bearfoot bob

bearfoot, you might want to check on your engine specs, 383's are rutinely 4.030 bore (350 block) with a 400 crank, with a stroke of 3.75 not 4.00 inches. 4.030x 4.00 puts it at about 408. And getting a 4.00 stroke in a 350 block is pretty hard, at 3.875 your into reduced base circle cams, major clearancing for rods, the piston pin into the oil ring etc....and that builds a 396.

Nice car BTW.

bearfoot, you might want to check on your engine specs, 383's are rutinely 4.030 bore (350 block) with a 400 crank, with a stroke of 3.75 not 4.00 inches. 4.030x 4.00 puts it at about 408. And getting a 4.00 stroke in a 350 block is pretty hard, at 3.875 your into reduced base circle cams, major clearancing for rods, the piston pin into the oil ring etc....and that builds a 396.

Nice car BTW.

you are correct, my bad. it is a 3.75 crank with the 5.7 rods in lew of the 6s .i had a bill mitchell hardcore 454 smallblock in here 1st .the 454 has a 4.25 crank in it http://www.theengineshop.com/ < refrence there i thought that the 400 was a 4" stroke. i was mistaken. its 3.75, team c in whittier biult the motor. http://www.teamc.com/ we used the heads off of the 454 motown cause they flow 310 cfm per cyl. there the 202 motowns but bill mitchell opens them up more for the 454. the originel 383 i sent in was .060 over but the sonic check revealed some weak spots so i had to buy a new block with stock bores.

pic of original motor by the way .those motors are awsom but the thin cyl walls do not lend themselves to duning :laughoff: espeacially when harvs dyno and tune fs up your car :laughoff:

that motor got me 420 to the rear wheels and it was fun i miss that motor.

but some times with all that i start quoting specs from the 454 forgetting i have the 383

and thank you for the compliment..........

i like talking horse power........................

post-1340-1162488407.jpg

Edited by bearfoot bob

• 2 weeks later...