hendertucky

Warrior07

Okay, basically the law says you can not ride an atv (quad, rhino etc), all terrain motorcycle or dune buggy on a public street for the purpose of just cruising around. Plain and simple without the legal mumbo-jumbo :laughing: , but if anyone wants the specifics on when you can and what is required I can provide that also :offtopic: . Oh and this is for the state of Nevada, so city/county doesn't matter. What I could not find is what the penalty is, so I will work on that later.

Easier information from the DMV NV site... :laughing:

Any motorized vehicle which does not have the normal safety equipment such as lights and mirrors or is not built to federal vehicle standards is an off-highway vehicle and is restricted to off-road use only. This includes all-terrain vehicles, pocket bikes, gopeds and snowmobiles. There are no driver license or minimum age requirements for off-highway vehicles. City and county governments may designate small portions of public streets for access to or from off-road areas only. (NRS Chapter 490)

:ahhhhh: :offtopic::think:

if you folks heard my story, you'd never ride a trail near houses ever again, let alone on the street.

btw.. story ends like this: $246,000 restitution, 960 hours community service, and 5 years probation. or the alternative of 6 years in prison.

don't ride near houses.. you may get owned. me = owned.

if you folks heard my story, you'd never ride a trail near houses ever again, let alone on the street.

btw.. story ends like this: $246,000 restitution, 960 hours community service, and 5 years probation. or the alternative of 6 years in prison.

do tell sounds like a story i would like to hear.......................

say what??? :laughing: tell the story

i'll p.m. somebody you all know with how it happened, i don't wanna indulge any details on the forum itself.

jay.. if you go by dan's shop he can probably tell you a little bit, if he remembers. i'm the guy that purchased dan's supercharged dually so you know.

yea, i know....Next time im there, i'll ask him

Thats the right attitude!!!

:laughoff::D I ride pitbikes all around my streets, and even to local riding spots. Cops realy crackdown on lil things where I live 2 but w.e its their job. But alot the time when I ride by one ill just wave and theyll wave back. Sometimes they pull me over to c whats up but have never seen a ticket. Maybe cause its just a pitbike

i'm not trying to be a D1ck here.......

what do you think your neighbors think about you riding that pitbike around your neighborhood? I can tell you exactly what they think.......

EFFEN OFFROADERS :flipoff:

what you are doing is, in essence, giving the entire off-road community a bad reputation as law-breakers.......they see that, and take it to the next level, leaving trash in the dunes, riding in closed off areas, etc etc.

they then take this opinion they have with them to the voting polls

so, in a round about way, you are aiding in getting riding areas shut down, more taxes on atv's, bikes, and off-road vehicles, and giving a black eye to your local duning community by riding your pit bike on the street.

imo

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

i'm not trying to be a D1ck here.......

what do you think your neighbors think about you riding that pitbike around your neighborhood? I can tell you exactly what they think.......

EFFEN OFFROADERS :laughoff:

what you are doing is, in essence, giving the entire off-road community a bad reputation as law-breakers.......they see that, and take it to the next level, leaving trash in the dunes, riding in closed off areas, etc etc.

they then take this opinion they have with them to the voting polls

so, in a round about way, you are aiding in getting riding areas shut down, more taxes on atv's, bikes, and off-road vehicles, and giving a black eye to your local duning community by riding your pit bike on the street.

imo

yep, I agree 100% :flipoff: