On vacation in

ash

We started off yesterday on the beach near Newport Peir....Weather 73 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze..

post-625-1185257124.jpg

post-625-1185257164.jpg

Then we rented a boat for an hour and a half and took it out in the bay around Balboa and Ledu Island..that was a blast.

post-625-1185257292.jpg

post-625-1185257334.jpg

post-625-1185257429.jpg

And then towards the end of our trip around the harbor, we ran into these guys who were more than happy to strike a pose...

post-625-1185257614.jpg

No beach tomorrow, headed to the OC Fair. Should be a good day!

glad to see you guys are having a good time down there. If you get a chance....there is some pretty good shpping up hwy 1 @ the huntington beach pier.....the street that runs into it....pretty cool little surf shops with lots of kids clothes.......if you go, check out the rv park that is next to that power plant......we stayed there a couple years ago....not too bad, but seeing that power plant every day was like :ahhhhh:

Just got in from the fair and my dogs are killn' me! All in all it was a great day, no kids were lost, no fights with the kids or wife and the lines on the rides were not too bad. Today was kids day so admission was free and the wristbands for rides were $20.00..ride all U want until 8pm. The wife and I did some walking around after the kids left with my SIL and MIL. Bought some cool stuff, some Kettle Corn...Turkey Legs and Funnel Cakes.

I think every "As seen on TV" product is there, but I still wanna see Billy Mays there doing his skit for Kaboom or Oxi Clean :D

Headed back to the beach tomorrow morning, so the pictures will be forthcoming. If the weather is not permitting, we are going to head down to Sea World for the day.

Yesterday was a day at the beach! I don't know if I put this in perspective for you or not, but it's not just my family here on vacation. My SIL and her 5 kids, BIL his 3 kids, My wife and 3 kids...so with that said, my BIL took all the kids to get ice cream yesterday, leaving the SIL, MIL, wife and me alone...that was the most relaxing hour I've had in a long time. Okay, here are some pictures from the shore...my new telephoto lense really came in handy....enjoy

A seal that was body surfing with the kids...I didn't like it so much seeing how it's a sharks favorite food

post-625-1185467768_thumb.jpg

A couple of dolphins that were also doing some surfing a little further out, still cool to see though

post-625-1185467862_thumb.jpg

And some of the USA's finest did some fly-bys for us, the USCG guys came by slower for the close up shot :laughing:

post-625-1185467960_thumb.jpg

post-625-1185468016_thumb.jpg

And my favorite...Look at the tail rotor and check out where the blades are whipping through the air

post-625-1185468078_thumb.jpg

post-625-1185468348_thumb.jpg

And last but not least, the Bay Watch scene...

post-625-1185468156_thumb.jpg

Well that's it for now, headed to Sea World for the day...don't know if I will take any pics, but we'll see.

Great pics Ash, looks like your vacation is going well. Been raining everyday so far back here, Have been fishing everyday still though. Have fun out there, I'll get up a few pics sometime soon...SF Woody :laughing: