what ya all think

RAGDOLL MX

well iam venturing off into a strange territory here, Randog looked at it and told me the pros and cons. so i sent the guy and email...but here is the other "Toy" that iam also looking at.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/rvs/444509345.html

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am so confused!...to many toys and not enough money either way!

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

well iam venturing off into a strange territory here, Randog looked at it and told me the pros and cons. so i sent the guy and email...but here is the other "Toy" that iam also looking at.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/rvs/444509345.html

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am so confused!...to many toys and not enough money either way!

do NOT waste your time with something like that if you plan on duning. :laughing:

You have to ask yourself what you really want. What is it you are looking to do with it? Dune? Look cool? Have something for sand AND dirt/offroad?

I hope this isn't another invisirail thread. :beer_bang: come onnnnn! :beer_bang:

no it isnt an invisirail thread, iam just interested in getting inot a starter rail, but that truck is pretty dam cool...besides ill get OGP toput a bud light sticker on the side for me and then he can have his monster truck :beer_bang:

1835 :beer_bang: to slow what happened to the big motor car you were looking at

pickup :beer_bang: to heavy get back on track bro your getting sideways

400 hp in that heavy a$$ truck in the dunes fagetaboutit :laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

and while the vw is a great highly respected lil duner get a 2275 or larger .

no matter what anybody saise upping a vw engines size is expensive

to many beam cars in your price range to settle go big vw

with turn brakes and all the goodies and make sure non of the parts say latest rage :beer_bang: :D

and while the vw is a great highly respected lil duner get a 2275 or larger .

no matter what anybody saise upping a vw engines size is expensive

to many beam cars in your price range to settle go big vw

with turn brakes and all the goodies and make sure non of the parts say latest rage :blink::D

I agree with Bob, but I would say at least a 2110 vw or bigger. There are many better rails that will fit your price range. You can probably even find one with a liquid cooled inline four. I would definately try to stay away from a swing axle car if possible! :beer_bang:

The rail doesnt look bad for a starter...the truck like pete said, he right that thing for the dunes :blink: I took my race truck out ther to play around and it got boring the first day :mc_smiley: you can jump it!trucks are HEAVY :banghead: but you can only jump so much before you get bored, now if you put some desert tires and a cage and hit some washes @ 70 mph plus :beer_bang: but for sand I would stick with a rail

Wow....I must have been doing this all wrong this whole time. I'm running a VW with an 1835.....swing axle.

post-475-1192027340_thumb.jpg

Seriously though, here's what I think....yes another opinion! :blink:

I'm a decent driver and know how to use the power I have. I can run anywhere I want at Dumont....I just have to be careful and pick the right lines, as you can't just "power out". Since I put the new tranny in, it has performed a lot better. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the right gear ratio for the size (of the rail) and hp I'm running. I like my mid-engine 2 seater, and can run 3rd and 4th on the big dunes with no problems. So, it's not like I'm underpowered and running slow, but then again, I'm not a hillshooter or drag racer. I just like to dune at a fairly comfortable pace. I would say "fast", but everybody has their own version of "fast" duning.

Yes, I am ready and would prefer to have a little more horsies, but why waste any more money on a VW, 1835, swing axle, no travel rail? Especially when I go where I want at Dumont and Amargosa.....and have a blast doing it. It is what it is....a good starter rail for a low budget individual. Not for a big baller or someone who's just out for the show. I have one more adjustment before going to paint......it only took 3 seasons :mc_smiley: .....but then I'm not putting anymore upgrade money into it. I will be saving for my second rail...something LT....and no VW. <----that should tell you something.

I think you really need to ask yourself what kind of duning do you want to do....then make your choice.

:beer_bang:

well i dont have the cash lying around to get me into a "Cheap" car...i have to either sell the bike or trade the bike for a buggy...those are my only 2 options right now. on all of the buggys and what not i have asked about a trade, and so far none of them want a 2 wheeler, i have gotten a few hits on craigs list, nothing serious, so ebay is next as well.

all of you experienced duners with buggys and rails have great information for me to learn from. i just have to find something within my price range to toy with.