Old/Bad gas

Fanof6

I did a search on this and did not find anything.

It seems like every year I go through my stuff and drain the old gas and clean what needs to be cleaned to get ready for the season. I was just wondering what everyone does with the old gas? I have in the past used it to kill weeds and taken some to the dunes to start the camp fire but I'm looking for a safer more environmentally friendly way to dispose of it.

gas 1 season old is still somewhat useable i take mine and use it up in the lawn mower that low compression beast dont care. or i stuff it in my exterra cause its always on the move. if its turned to lacker its toast and you can smell it when it does.

gas 1 season old is still somewhat useable i take mine and use it up in the lawn mower that low compression beast dont care. or i stuff it in my exterra cause its always on the move. if its turned to lacker its toast and you can smell it when it does.

I would dilute with fresh fuel if your gonna use it.

Use Sta-bil in your fuel. A double dose can keep fuel fresh for a year. I always add to the toys and the TH fuel station when I fill it.

Does your garbage pickup service have waste oil pick up? Then pour some in your waste oil containers. :beercheers: Some auto parts stores accept waste oil.

Edited by ntrsandman

if your neighbor is a jerk ... use it on his lawn.....................................................mower :D

i usually mis it with new higher octane and its uasually ok.

Capt

MIS IT WTF IS THAT ARE YOU DRUNK ALREADY :beercheers:

WHY MIX IT year old gas is still useable in low compression vehicles

I wasn't going to say anything bob, but since you are so astute at catching others its "lacquer" huh guess what I forgot the C in lacquer, but a red line magically appeared and showed me the correct spelling WOW am I the only one with this feature :beercheers::blury:

Well no lawn mower because no lawn LOL. My truck is a diesel and my daughter is to young to drive and about the only low compression engine is have is a power washer. I use stabilizer but some how this few gallons didn't get treated and it does smell a little like varnish. I guess I'll hall it out to the dunes and use it for a fire starter until it's gone.

Thanks for the help.

I wasn't going to say anything bob, but since you are so astute at catching others its "lacquer" huh guess what I forgot the C in lacquer, but a red line magically appeared and showed me the correct spelling WOW am I the only one with this feature :bawl::bs:

:flipoff: i am most likely one of the worst spellers on here :grin: i was not knocking his spelling as msuch just the way the altered word made him sound drunk :lol:

Have any of you ever heard of old gas that wouldn't burn? We took a 55 gallon drum that had like 10 gallons in it that sat around for a few years and figured we would use it as fire starter and fun gas just to get rid of it and when we went to light the first fire we dumped a bunch on and went to light it and it wouldn't even burn. :dunno::think:

MIS IT WTF IS THAT ARE YOU DRUNK ALREADY :beercheers:

WHY MIX IT year old gas is still useable in low compression vehicles

I was loading not LOADED :D Was in a hurry to leave for Dumont :dunno: :no_no: weeee it was...I have never been Camping in that kind of weather....Had to close the slide outs (thought the trailer was going to blow over lol) the way i parked just happened to be the broad side for the wind (rock the boat..the song comes to mind)

only thing low compression i own is the camp fire Bob :think:

Looking forward to thurs pm..

Capt