Will the plane take off...

NicoleinVegas

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lift is created with air/wind above the wings. With the plane itself not moving there is no air/wind above the wink to create lift.

If your banshe is setting in neutral at the base of comphill and the mountain acts as a conveyer belt would an extended swing arm help you if the rear wheels are not creating the torque?

Just a thought?

Lift is created with air/wind above the wings. With the plane itself not moving there is no air/wind above the wink to create lift.

If your banshe is setting in neutral at the base of comphill and the mountain acts as a conveyer belt would an extended swing arm help you if the rear wheels are not creating the torque?

Just a thought?

Everyone thinks the plane isn't moving but it is. Look at Barefoot Bob's post, he had a good explanation. The ground has no effect on whether the plane moves or not.

if the plane cannot move forward without the conveyer moving back at the same speed how is the plane going to get air speed?

you all keep saying that air speed has nothing to do with the wheels but un tell it is moving forward fast enough to leave the ground it is ground speed. once it has moved forward against the air and the wheels leave the ground then it is air speed.

if it is a calm day and you start the plane while on the conveyer as you power the prop up and start getting forward thrust the belt starts moving in reverse canceling out forward motion soon you would be at full throttle and the belt would be moving backward still canceling forward motion. so there you would sit in the same place full throttle with the only air moving across the wings from the prop wash!

if the plane cannot move forward without the conveyer moving back at the same speed how is the plane going to get air speed?

you all keep saying that air speed has nothing to do with the wheels but un tell it is moving forward fast enough to leave the ground it is ground speed. once it has moved forward against the air and the wheels leave the ground then it is air speed.

if it is a calm day and you start the plane while on the conveyer as you power the prop up and start getting forward thrust the belt starts moving in reverse canceling out forward motion soon you would be at full throttle and the belt would be moving backward still canceling forward motion. so there you would sit in the same place full throttle with the only air moving across the wings from the prop wash!

You are forgetting something, Steve. There is no friction/ resistance in the free spinning wheels of the plane for the conveyor belt to be able to push it backwards. It won't take full throttle of the plane to keep it from being pushed backwards. Stop thinking of the speed of the wheels OR conveyor belt. :flipoff:

hmmmm we need to dissect that statement right there!!! Of all places one could strap a jet engine on............

you picked your a$$........... I am not saying anything , but I'm just sayin.

Oh boy. :dope::shake: You read that too literal- I just meant strapped to me in general. :slap: Although if were to take off I'd probably wanna be sitting down during flight. :think::laughing: But hey, I like pizza! :blink::blah::blah:

This stupid :mc_smiley: thread has been killing me all weekend long. I've been thinking alot about it and I've come to the conclusion that I really just don't give a damn anymore.

I am still a firm believer that the plane can't takeoff. But, I can't seem to break the no resistance thing. :mc_smiley:

I really value my sleep and from here on out, I am over the subject. I will check back now and again to read the new comments.

:driver:

I can't beleive this stupid thing is still going on :driver:

I really don't give a S*it if it takes of or not. I'm not no it, and if I were I would be worried. I don't care anymore. Kill "em Let God sort "em.

This is worst then BLOXORZ, at least I was able to finish that and move on.

I can't beleive this stupid thing is still going on :mc_smiley:

I really don't give a S*it if it takes of or not. I'm not no it, and if I were I would be worried. I don't care anymore. Kill "em Let God sort "em.

This is worst then BLOXORZ, at least I was able to finish that and move on.

drink more milk grouch :driver:

This stupid :mc_smiley: thread has been killing me all weekend long. I've been thinking alot about it and I've come to the conclusion that I really just don't give a damn anymore.

I am still a firm believer that the plane can't takeoff. But, I can't seem to break the no resistance thing. :mc_smiley:

I really value my sleep and from here on out, I am over the subject. I will check back now and again to read the new comments.

:driver:

you cant get over the wheels are no tied to anything look at it like this

at the airport there are those treadmill type conveyor belts at mcarren ( no not an escalator)

now get a shopping cart now gow walk against it and you will see that you can move forward the wheels are spinning at the same speed as the conveyor belt but you dont care cause you can push it

so the shopping cart is the plane but you are the thrust i/e jet or prop = you notice that you can push it forward

now imagine that without having to walk on the conveyor belt cause like a jet or a prop its not attached to anything on the ground so the conveyor belt cannot stop the forward motion.

so the botom line is that the plane does in fact move forward which creates wind and causes lift the plane does not stay still it still moves forward like the conveyor belt isnt on.

the conveyor belt cannot stop the forward motion. so you do go forward and create airflow and lift is achieved