RhinoVsRanger

foolofsand

i personally have a ranger....but those with rhinos will have a diff opinion.

even though the manufacturers BEG the public not to put extra seats in the bed, it is still done.

i can point to analternative....the Ranger is coming out with a crewcab model within the next couple months

The rhinos have a better aftermarket setup, cause polaris doesnt support an aftermarket for their ranger...the rzr is a diff story, but will not fit into what you want it for.

i personally have a ranger....but those with rhinos will have a diff opinion.

even though the manufacturers BEG the public not to put extra seats in the bed, it is still done.

i can point to analternative....the Ranger is coming out with a crewcab model within the next couple months

The rhinos have a better aftermarket setup, cause polaris doesnt support an aftermarket for their ranger...the rzr is a diff story, but will not fit into what you want it for.

I saw a crew cab on a trailer goin up the highway a few days ago. Looked like it was gonna be a high centering beast. Just my .02.

I've driven both, bought the Rhino. Ranger is an excellent machine with more hauling capacity, more towing capacity, and one more "seat". It's faster stock at 700 CC EFI than the Rhino 660. A few things made up my mind.

More after-market stuff for the Rhino

Rhino is narrower than the Ranger, fits better in my hauler and on tight trails

The CVT/engine brake feature on the Rhino is great when moving through the dunes or over rough terrain, rarely have to touch the brakes

Fit and finish on the Rhino is, in my opinion, better than the Ranger. There is a lot of plastic on the Ranger, less on the Rhino.

Price difference was, in my case, about $1,500...that paid for my 4-seat cage and most of the back seat

I read a ton of forums and found that all side-by-sides have problems...most of the serious SXS posters recommend Rhino over the Ranger

I have 600 miles on the Rhino and we've driven everything from dunes to soft sandy trails, to rough, rocky trails, to open desert and even a dry lake bed. It's done everything I've asked of it and more.

I think the big deciding factor for you will be what you plan to use it for. Will it be for play only? Or will you be doing farm work too? If you're going to use it for work on a regular basis, you probably want the Ranger for the greater hauling/towing loads.

That's my humble opinion. Good luck!

they are both nice , the Ranger is a better choice if you have the room . dana diff. front and rear , better shocks and travel , and don't forget power ! now I have seen people post stories about throwing belts off , but I have never seen it ! have you Jason ?

I like my Ranger, 6 in. wider, doesn't seem to tip easy, 6 in. shorter than the rino, bench seat for two grandkids,dog loves riding in the back. Have not had any problem with the belt but have heard that some did. We got the notice that some of the rangers had been losing a motor mount in a spot that was not really visable then throwing the alignment off on the belt. Took it in and they put the replacement part on. Never had any problems with it.

Edited by BALL-N-CHAIN

they are both nice , the Ranger is a better choice if you have the room . dana diff. front and rear , better shocks and travel , and don't forget power ! now I have seen people post stories about throwing belts off , but I have never seen it ! have you Jason ?

The place that rents them in Marysvale Ut used to have all Rangers, and when I was there they were looking allot at my Rhino as they said they were tired of replacing the belts, and there only hang up on the Rhino was it wasnt fuel injected, but well now they have that. so my vote :)

• 1 month later...

al rangers and rzrs all the time

it seems the belt issue is isolated to a batch of rangers that came out late 06 through the 07 model. seems the clutches werent installed properly

most of the guys on that forum fixed it themselves

i have almost 100 hours on mine with no belt issues. my only b*tch about it is duning. i want extra hp, like intake/exhaust, fuel controller...but DAMN im starin 2 bills in the face to gain maybe 10-15 xtra HP??? WTF is THAAAAAAT? :beerpint:

i have almost 100 hours on mine with no belt issues. my only b*tch about it is duning. i want extra hp, like intake/exhaust, fuel controller...but DAMN im starin 2 bills in the face to gain maybe 10-15 xtra HP??? WTF is THAAAAAAT? :freakin_nuts:

2 Bills or 2 G's? 2 Bills would be CHEAP for 15HP, but 2 g's is getting spendy.

2 Bills or 2 G's? 2 Bills would be CHEAP for 15HP, but 2 g's is getting spendy.

sorry....2g's.....for a decent programmer, then tranny upgrade, aftermarket intake/exhaust

the funny thing about the 700 v 800 polaris motors is this..the only thing different are the internals, they use they same case.....fuggin polaris wants a tad under 2 for the internals to turn the 700 into an 800

Edited by richard cheese

I WILL SAY THAT THE RHINO IS A BATTER CHOICE BECUSE IT GOES FASTER THAN THE RANGER AND OTHER UTVS

Spellcheck for X-Mas??????? :dope: P.S........YOUR CAPS LOCK IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wingnut