Sandrail jumped by quad

dune_rat

:pissed: I just wanted to send a shout out to the a$$hat that jumped my sandrail on saturday as i was going acoss a dune with my whole family in the car. :beat:

Was following a friend in his rail and i saw the tip of a flag then next thing I know the quad is sailing thru the air over my rail, not a spotter in sight.

I hope your quad falls off the trailer on the way home so you don't kill someone next time at Dumont. :pissed:

Ya, thats the closest call I've had in almost 10 yrs of drivin rails around Dumont. Would have been really cool to have on video (if I had known it was going to happen) I chased him down and yelled at him for not having a spotter, hopefully he won't do it again.

But its ok for sandrails to cut across the middle of comp doing wheelies acting like they are the only ones out there. HMMM doesnt seem fair.

I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2

But its ok for sandrails to cut across the middle of comp doing wheelies acting like they are the only ones out there. HMMM doesnt seem fair.

NO...it's not ok. Why do you assume that every sandrail owner thinks that it is ok to do that or actually does that in the first place? Dunerat never said all quad guys are irresponsible people that jump without a spotter. :laughoff:

Quads, rails, 2 wheeleres, Rhinos....it doesn't matter what the type of vehicle or toy....there are gonna be people that make bad calls and drive like fools regardless. You can't teach common sense to some people. Ya either have it or ya don't.

We're not talking about wheelies. We are talking about spoters. I for one can not stand when people are jumping without a spotter. Halloween weekend I was rounding a razor when a rhino came up straight from the other side. It jumped right in front of me. (about 10 feet) If I was riding any faster I would have been smacked. Not cool.

DO NOT JUMP WITH OUT A SPOTTER......... :dance:

I think there are alot of morons no matter what you ride, just saying it seems to me no matter if it is comp or just duning. The majority of sandrails act like just cause they are bigger they get to do what they want. For the record I have been hit( I ride a quad ) by another quad jumping, still doesnt seem as bad as a rail jumping and hitting me or whatever. I just wish rails would be a little more careful, they are bigger than motorcycles or quads and oh even a rhino.

I think there are alot of morons no matter what you ride, just saying it seems to me no matter if it is comp or just duning. The majority of sandrails act like just cause they are bigger they get to do what they want. For the record I have been hit( I ride a quad ) by another quad jumping, still doesnt seem as bad as a rail jumping and hitting me or whatever. I just wish rails would be a little more careful, they are bigger than motorcycles or quads and oh even a rhino.

:dance:

I can't count how many times I have had to stop and wait for someone on a bike/quad to look in the direction he/she is going and realize they are running through our group.....or on a collision course for me in my rail. It's comical to see the reaction when they realize what's up. :blink:

Safety is everyone's job unless you're ok with putting your life in everyone else's hands.... :laughoff:

I can't count how many times I have had to stop and wait for someone on a bike/quad to look in the direction he/she is going and realize they are running through our group.....or on a collision course for me in my rail. It's comical to see the reaction when they realize what's up. :flipoff:

Safety is everyone's job unless you're ok with putting your life in everyone else's hands.... :blink:

I agree Safety is everyone job I can't tell you how many time this weekend we had 5 or 6 buggys in a row and some quad runs in th middle of the group

Its everyone job to look out for each other and when you are jumping allways have a spotter Remenber the life you safe my be your own BE SAFE in the dunes :laughoff:

• 3 weeks later...

i agree.

i ride a dirtbike and primarily go to dumont to find jumps and huck myself. (hence my screen name)

i would NEVER jump anything with out having a spotter, much less ride alone.

saftey is everybodys job and i wish everybody would realize that.

ps. some sandrail drivers are a little too aggresive. i suppose they do it because what is going to stop them? nothing really. but a heads up to rail drivers to be a little courteous. and thanks to the ones that already are!

Man I would say that I ride 50% and drive 50%of the time and it amazes me how it always seems to be the rails fault when you come in contact with some one who is riding . Yes rails are bigger, but chances are most of the people driving them, especially the ones on here were riders long before we were drivers . But everyone assumes we are just some jack a$$ that just bought a rail and went to the dunes. I think for the most part rail drivers are more cautious because we know who is going to get blamed. Even if we do everything we can to avoid accidents . I can't count the amount of times I have had people pop over a transition in front of me and then look at me as if i was wrong for being there. A perfect example of this is that this tread started out about someone jumping over a rail and it turns into the rails should watch out. :thumb: