old weekly pass credit

If you have any weekly passes that you would like to have credited towards a season pass here is what you will have to do to get it.

-You may trade in your old $20 weekly passes from this season (passes purchased BEFORE November 21, 2007) as credit towards a new 07/08 season pass.

-You can only do this through the BLM in person at the Barstow Field Office, by mail, or at the entrance to Dumont Dunes (when BLM staff is there on duty). Off-site vendors can not trade weekly passes for annual passes.

-There will be BLM staff at the entrance to Dumont Dunes on the weekends from Friday-Monday to sell passes.

-The BLM will have the annual passes for sale and will take your old weekly passes for credit at that time towards an annual pass.

-Annual pass upgrades must be completed prior to December 31, 2007.

-Only one pass for each week can be applied towards an annual pass. That is because if you had 2 passes for the same week, you entered with two primary vehicles, so you would have needed 2 annual passes if you were entering with annual passes.

-Turning in of weekly passes towards the purchase of an annual pass ends December 31, 1007.

-Thanksgiving Weekly Passes are $40. If a person purchased a pass for $20, it was sold in error and is not valid. These passes may be turned in for a valid pass with an additional $20.

-If someone is trading in a Thanksgiving $40 pass for an annual pass, $30 can count towards the base pass and $10 towards the holiday extra fee. There should be very few Thanksgiving annual passes to trade in, and only those purchased at a vendor (not on-site) can be traded in. Officially the passes purchased prior to thanksgiving can be traded in and not those purchased for or after Thanksgiving. However, as some passes were sold in error, this rule has been made to address those situations.

-There is a MAXIMUM of $90 (from weekly passes) that can be applied to an annual pass purchase.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Edited by dunefreak

Thanks Pete. Good Info. :flipoff:

I was wondering if Valero has annual passes now,

and if they are giving credit for the already paid weekly passes.

But I'll just get mine at the paystation in Dumont. :D

Thanks mang. :flipoff:

Guest Crasher

Cool. Thanks for the update Pete. It would be nice if they gave us some type of credit for last weekend (maybe not the whole amount, but at least half of it?? :broke: ). Let us know when you find out. :grin:

I got mine, I had my weekly from openning weekend , my weekly from halloween and then the one from the machine I got when we went out the weekend befor t-day. When the yearly arrived at the BLM shack@ about 3pm on Wed. I took the 3 weekly's down there with my $60 I was second inline for the yearly. No problems.

I can see alot of people being mad about this because the Valero station misinformed them, BUT...

As per Lynnette at the BLM:

We were trying to sell the annual passes with a discount to off set the

time when annual passes were not avilable. We did have annual passes

available for T-day week, so we were not trading in the T-day passes for

credit against an annual pass.

Translation:

The new $40 weekly passes will not be counted as any credit towards a season pass because the season passes were available T-Day weekend at the entrance.

Edited by dunefreak

Translation:

The new $40 weekly passes will not be counted as any credit towards a season pass because the season passes were available T-Day weekend at the entrance.

Pete,

I'm not sure if this is correct because I got credit for my $40 weekly pass at the entrance that Saturday. I think the only reason why is that I had to buy a $40 pass at Valero on Tuesday because that's all they had to sell. When I took my previous passes along with my $40 weekly pass for T-Day, the lady gave me credit for them all, it cost me $40 for the yearly pass.

Pete,

I'm not sure if this is correct because I got credit for my $40 weekly pass at the entrance that Saturday. I think the only reason why is that I had to buy a $40 pass at Valero on Tuesday because that's all they had to sell. When I took my previous passes along with my $40 weekly pass for T-Day, the lady gave me credit for them all, it cost me $40 for the yearly pass.

That is probably because you were cashing in a pass that was current for the weekend......and Pete got his info from the lady at the BLM who deals with the passes.

I wish more folks could have come to the TRT meeting....all this info was discussed in detail.

Ok I am going to say this, and then I am done with it.......

well then I am going to call BLM and give them an ear full

I went to the BLM web site and read this

IMPORTANT PASS INFORMATION

BLM IS PHASING OUT SELLING PASSES AT DUMONT DUNES.

PLEASE BUY YOUR PASS OFF-SITE. Show your support of the local gateway communities! Then they will support you and your recreation at Dumont Dunes!

SO I did that and NOW I am PUNISHED!!!!!!! :broke::grin: and I pulled that off there site just minutes ago!!!!!!

here it is in its entirety (sp)

Dumont_20_20Dunes_20Information_202007.pdf

How can they justify not giving you credit for T-day?? You paid the money, whats the difference??

What if you didnt have enough for a season at the time.

What if you decided AFTER that you want one??

We were going to buy a season at the gate but they were "closing" and said get one tomorrow or before you leave. Then on our way out at 3pm the gate was EMPTY. Sounds like a hustle to me...

The wife and I went yesterday. I was not looking forward to going to the ranger station and tring to get a credit for T-day. When we pulled up the man asked what I wanted. I said I would like to trade in some of my passes (Halloween $20 and T-day $40) to get a credit for a season pass. I handed them over and he said he would be right back. He came back and not only gave me a credit for both. No worries. That made our day. By the way our new rhino rocks. :beercheers:

How can they justify not giving you credit for T-day?? You paid the money, whats the difference??

What if you didnt have enough for a season at the time.

What if you decided AFTER that you want one??

We were going to buy a season at the gate but they were "closing" and said get one tomorrow or before you leave. Then on our way out at 3pm the gate was EMPTY. Sounds like a hustle to me...

From what I have heard, they are giving credit from a T-Day week pass towards a season pass due to the confusion that weekend.

Still, if you decide AFTER, thats your own fault if the season passes were available at the time. They didn't make you buy the weekly pass unless you were told otherwise like the Valero incident.

From what I have heard, they are giving credit from a T-Day week pass towards a season pass due to the confusion that weekend.

Still, if you decide AFTER, thats your own fault if the season passes were available at the time. They didn't make you buy the weekly pass unless you were told otherwise like the Valero incident.

Yes they are. Check out what I put above your post. :beercheers:

Pete do you have the information to mail our pass's direct to barstow, and do you know what forms of payment they will accept?

I will not be able to make it to dumont before the deadline however i do want to upgrade my pass's for a non holiday season pass.. The only way i can see doing it now is via mail.

BLM Barstow Field Office

2601 Barstow Road

Barstow, CA 92311

Attn: Larry

I would send them registered return mail and a cashiers check, personal check or money order for the difference. Just don't send them a bad check, It's not nice to screw the Goverment!

Edited by ynot

• 2 weeks later...