Young guy's rescue "Old Guy" at Dumont

skyskier

Ok, 1st off, I'm a "nooooobie" here on your boards , I just posted the following over on Glamisdunes not knowing you Dumont peeps had your own here :flipoff:

This is from the "Old Guy"........................I'm sore as hell today But I'm walking almost normal, and DEEPLY thankful to you for rescueing my old a$$. So I went to Dumont for the 1st time in 40 years, got a 660 raptor after taking great pain in realizing ( admitting ) I'm not 20 sumthin anymore and making the switch from 2 to 4 wheels. I figured WTF? these are the same dunes an I got 4 wheels under me, so, nooooo problem. I got tired of waiting for the rest of the old fuks I went out there with ( the same guy's I rode with 40 some years ago ) to get going, so I took off by myself for a "short ride"....................next thing I know I'm face down on the side of a dune ( out by the North Pole ) with the GD raptor on top of me and I have NO FRICKIN WAY of getting it off me I mean NO WAY, the rear wheel is on my hip, the front wheel on my crossed ankles and I can not budge it, NO F'in way! , with the left handle bar BURIED. When you guy's pulled up I was rummy, seein stars an all . I'm ALMOST sure I mumbled a "thanks" or some semblence of such, but it was not enough, so THANKS AGAIN. I'll be back out in Dumont or Glamis thursday, my old fart buddies said they'll lift me onto the seat and all will be good. BTW, these are the same "old fart buddies" that will be draggin me back into the boat this summer, tellin me I'm too old to be trying to land the double backflip on the skyski I think they're full of IT ! I woulda posted some pics, but I think my camera is still buried at the crash site :freakin_nuts:

Give up ????? Take it "easy"????? What are these things you speak of? :freakin_nuts: Thanks for the welcome. I knew better than to go out alone, but it was gonna be just a short ride, :slap: I was up at 3:00 am and :flipoff: 1/2 a bottle of geratol with 4 800 mg of ibuprofen's, just to get a leg up on my old fart ridin pals. Ya gotta think ahead when you hit the big six o :nah:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pin it to win it baybey!!!!!!

Nothign better than an old guy smoking the kids, you go dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :freakin_nuts: :flipoff::slap::nah::laughoff:

BOO? Judging by what his "riding abilities" sound like I don't think that pinning it to win it is necessarily possible. Thats why I made a suggestion. :slap: It was more sarcasm that anything. :lol:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pin it to win it baybey!!!!!!

Nothign better than an old guy smoking the kids, you go dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flipoff::slap::nah::laughoff::slap:

Well,............as a matter of fact, I did line up at the bottom of comp hill Sunday, SEVERAL times, with a bunch of the young ones, got my a$$ spanked every run :lol: went down to the Yamaha shop & bought a set of paddle tires today. Gonna look into some more add on stuff for a LOT more top end :freakin_nuts:

After I broke a rib over New years when the DS landed on me I seriously considered hanging it up and becoming a full time Rhino guy. Everyone, including the Doc told me; "You're not a kid anymore" But Doc I feel like i'm 25 still. (I'm 46)

Skyskier, you've inspired me to stick with it. Thank you

Never slow down, never grow old. Tom Petty

When you stop living, you start dieing. Annonymous

Edited by Kevlar

it may be tme for an old-timers dune club? i know i would be the first to join...maybe over 45 type thing :MBdance:

I'm in. So is my "old lady"! :woo_hoo: 46 /47 repectively. :wedgie: Oh and BTW skyskier.....go back to two wheels baby. :idiot: That was your first mistake, the second was the Rapturd :flipoff:

After I broke a rib over New years when the DS landed on me I seriously considered hanging it up and becoming a full time Rhino guy. Everyone, including the Doc told me; "You're not a kid anymore" But Doc I feel like i'm 25 still. (I'm 46)

Skyskier, you've inspired me to stick with it. Thank you

Never slow down, never grow old. Tom Petty

When you stop living, you start dieing. Annonymous

Hey Kevlar,

check out this link. This is my pal Mike Murphy. he's same age as me, 60. He's pretty good on this thing.............for an old guy :flipoff::MBdance: . We were into waterski racing wayyyyyyyyy back in 13 to 15 boy's class. We still like to go out & tear it up with the kids, we just gotta medicate a little more before & after :woo_hoo:

I'm in...I think...let me do the math...yea, I'm in.

Now, if I could just find my way down there to actually Join you all!

I'll bring the Jager bombs ( my son introduced me to these things...better than geritol) :MBdance:

Hey Kevlar,

check out this link. This is my pal Mike Murphy. he's same age as me, 60. He's pretty good on this thing.............for an old guy :old::watching: . We were into waterski racing wayyyyyyyyy back in 13 to 15 boy's class. We still like to go out & tear it up with the kids, we just gotta medicate a little more before & after :grin:

WoW!!!

Hey Kevlar,

check out this link. This is my pal Mike Murphy. he's same age as me, 60. He's pretty good on this thing.............for an old guy :old::watching: . We were into waterski racing wayyyyyyyyy back in 13 to 15 boy's class. We still like to go out & tear it up with the kids, we just gotta medicate a little more before & after :grin:

well im not surprised...i mean he is the president of skyski

theres a lake i go to where everyones crazy bout skyskiin

theres a guy out there who does backflips and all that crazy stuff...i think he said he was sponsored

but yeah hes an old dude too but he knows how to ride that ski

im just gettin into it

i still like the wakeboard a little more