Shout out for a friend

callen

Just wanted to say hi to you all. This Presidents weekend was my first time to the Dumont. It was a good time until Sunday when we got the news that my friend passed away from a injury he recieved when we were ridding on Thurs. He was in good shape after the crash in the Hospital in Vegas with a couple of compressed discs in his back. He was there for 3 days getting back on his feet while his young son was with me and the rest of the group back at camp riddin and having the best time we could have without our buddy. Then on Sunday am we got the bad news. That Sucked.... Have a good time all and rember be careful out there.. Chris Allen

Just wanted to say hi to you all. This Presidents weekend was my first time to the Dumont. It was a good time until Sunday when we got the news that my friend passed away from a injury he recieved when we were ridding on Thurs. He was in good shape after the crash in the Hospital in Vegas with a couple of compressed discs in his back. He was there for 3 days getting back on his feet while his young son was with me and the rest of the group back at camp riddin and having the best time we could have without our buddy. Then on Sunday am we got the bad news. That Sucked.... Have a good time all and rember be careful out there.. Chris Allen

sorry to here and prayers are with him and his family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for your loss and our prayers are with you also but I amm wondering also on what happened

Capt

First, thank you all for your prayers. The first report from the hospital in Vegas was a punctured lung. Yesterday, the latest report was a small puncture in the lung and some internal bleeding. This was a accident that was not that bad at first, some pain but we thought it was minor and so did he. Its terrible and thiught the 3 days in the trauma center would have cought any problems. Thanks again fellas, Keep it safe. Chris

A similar incident happened a season or two ago. A man was taken to the ER at the Pahrump hospital and sent home with "cracked" ribs. He died at home a few days later from a ruptured spleen.

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and :praying: are with his friends and family. Take care.

My thought and prayers to his family and freinds.

how did the accident happen? was it at Dumont? Quad or sand rail?

sorry to hear of your loss :(

Paul, thanks for the prayers. My buddy left camp, hit the first dune a little too fast and went over the handle bars, landed 25-30ft from the quad. We found him he was in good shape with back pain ( ribs ) thats it. We took him to Purhump hospital and was good with 2 compr. dics. and a broken wrist. They tranfered him to Vegas for a follow up MRI and was OK until sunday when he passed away with what they are saying internal bleeding and a hole in one lung. You would think they would monitor better in ICU in a Trauma Center. Have fun and be safe, Chris