Fatalities At Dumont Yesterday

Richard Cheese

I found this on another website.

Quote:

Yes, another one..Two more of our fellow OHV lov'n community members passed away yesterday. Just before sundown, they jumped their buggy into a bowl, landed on the lid and the buggy caught fire. The two occupants did not make it. I'm only posting this as another reminder to US all to be careful. My most sincere condolences go out to the friends and family.

I thought I saw that rail on the back of a tow truck leaving Dumont Saturday morning when we were on the gravel road????? It was burnt and looked like it did roll several times. It was an old style rail right??

I thought I saw that rail on the back of a tow truck leaving Dumont Saturday morning when we were on the gravel road????? It was burnt and looked like it did roll several times. It was an old style rail right??

That's what fctryblack84 told me when we were rolling out....I was too busy watching the road. I'll have to call him on it....but with the way he was talking it sounded just like what you described. Anyone get any pictures....it would be a good "scared straight" kind of reminder.

That's what fctryblack84 told me when we were rolling out....I was too busy watching the road. I'll have to call him on it....but with the way he was talking it sounded just like what you described. Anyone get any pictures....it would be a good "scared straight" kind of reminder.

No pictures, I saw the rail and remembered this post from Friday morning. The thing was pretty thrashed. My thoughts are with the family.

ya i saw the rail as i was passin by on a saturday scoot in my dads rail and i happend to notice a black rail and tore back and everything i sawy it by bathroom 9 or more than likely 10 by an rv who had the orange thingys up or sometin..once i saw it i was like :( .. well my prayers to go out to the familys

ya i saw the rail as i was passin by on a saturday scoot in my dads rail and i happend to notice a black rail and tore back and everything i sawy it by bathroom 9 or more than likely 10 by an rv who had the orange thingys up or sometin..once i saw it i was like :( .. well my prayers to go out to the familys

Well that answers my question....shows how much pops listens to his boy!! At least I got half of the details right!!

I ran across some more info on the 2 people involved in the sandrail crash last week. The couple had just got married in November. Very sad indeed :(

"FARMINGTON Randy Gillitzer Jan. 6, 1961 - March 29, 2006

Randy Gillitzer 45, and his wife, Stephanie, died Wednesday, March 29, 2006, in a Dune Buggy accident while vactioning in California. Randy was born Jan. 6, 1961 in St. Cloud, Minn., to Andrew and Adeline Gillitzer.

Randy grew up in St. Cloud and graduated from St. Cloud Apollo High School in 1979. A long-time resident of Farmington, he married Stephanie Martin on Nov. 25, 2005.

Randy was a service representative with EMS-Equipment Maintenance Services. In his spare time he enjoyed outdoor activities including hunting, fishing and off-roading.

Randy was preceded in death by his father, Andrew.

He is survived by his sons, Josh and Michael and stepson, Jamie, all of Farmington; his mother, Adeline of St. Joseph, Minn.; brothers, Jim of Moorehead, Minn., Bob and wife, Brenda, of St. Joseph and Ron and wife, Mary, of Decatur, Ill.; sisters, Deb and husband, Peter Tamasino, of Elk River, Minn., and Sue and husband, Brett Haugen, of Medford, Minn. and nine nieces and nephews.

Visitation for Randy will be from 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, 2006, at Brewer, Lee & Larkin Funeral Home, 103 E. Ute St., Farmington. Rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. at the funeral home following the visitation. Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 6, 2006, at St. Mary's Catholic Church with Monsignor Leo Gomez, V.G. celebrant.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to a college fund for hhis stepson, James (Jamie) Scott, which may me made at Citizens Bank, Farmington, NM 87401.

Randy is in the care of Brewer, Lee & Larkin Funeral Home & Crematory, (505) 325-8688 or online at brewerleelarkin.com.

Stephanie Martin Gillitzer Sept. 18, 1963 - March 29, 2006

Stephanie Martin Gillitzer, 42, and her husband, Randy, died Wednesday, March 29, 2006, in a Dune Buggy accident while vacationing in California. Stephanie was born Sept. 18, 1963, in Kansas City, Mo., to Claude and Judy Martin.

Stephanie grew up in Middletown, Ohio, and lived in Tehran, Iran, and Denver, Colo. She graduated from Cherry Creek High School in 1981. She also lived in Monterey, Calif. In 1995, she moved to Farmington, where she met Randy. The were married Nov. 25, 2005.

Stephanie was office manager at Sacred Heart Catholic School. She lived life to the fullest. She loved children, especially her son, Jamie, stepsons, Josh and Michael, and all the students and young-at-hear at Sacred Heart.

She is survived by her son, Jamie Martin Scott; her parents, Claude and Judy Martin of Farmington; her stepsons, Josh and Michael Gillitzer, both of Farmington; sister, Dr. Brenda Martin and brother-in-law, Scott Gillihan, of Fort Collins, Colo. and brother, Dan Martin of Cornville, Ariz.

Visitation for Stephanie will be from 4:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 5, 2006, at Brewer, Lee & Larkin Funeral Home, 103 E. Ute St., Farmington. Rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. at the funeral home following the visitation. Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 6, 2006, at St. Mary's Catholic Church with Monsignor Leo Gomez, V.G. celebrant.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to a college fund for her son, James (Jamie) Scott, which may me made at Citizens Bank, Farmington, NM 87401.

Stephanie is in the care of Brewer, Lee & Larkin Funeral Home & Crematory, (505) 325-8688 or online at brewerleelarkin.com."

Here is the link for the thread