Bikers raise your hands...

Sand Saw

Sand Saw, I understand now. I was not sure where you were going with the CCW. If you read back on the posts here, I think your point has been taken, but I think you'll see that when we all get out in the sand, that no matter the experience or type of bike, we all like to claim our fame, make fun of each other and especially pick on those of us who own "Farm Gear" like me....

....... One more thing about the "older" crowd here is what we call intolerance of noise and at times noise is defined by many things including reading posts that feel like its asking to be challenged with no provication. Take if from an old guy.....we all know that you guys are fast, damn fast but we still own a lot of good times and the occiasional run for the money even today. Take Care.

:watching: Just what this site needs - a "Grandpa Moderator" :laughoff: Bring it on..... :laughing:

Just gotta say it.....Mike, would REALLY love to meet you (and yours) in person. Sound like my kinda folks!

post-1889-1204875152_thumb.gif post-1889-1204875207_thumb.gif

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuff talk all the time?? You must be missinformed. Or maybe, BIASED and you FORGET the difference between "starting $hit" and "DEFENDING YOURSELF". Maybe you should read big bad Dans comments again?? :D

By the way, I have no shortage of riding partners, what im looking for is well, read my first post again, I hate repeating myself. Ask around and see if you can find ONE SINGLE PERSON who doesnt ride with me "anymore" that used too. You have never met me, nor ridden with me, so until you do either or, dont jump to conclusions, thats just plain ignorance... :laughoff:

You need not look any further then one of your fellow mods...

I was actually being sincere when I said "good luck finding a riding partner"....that's why you started this thread...right?

I was also being sincere when I stated...."I hope this doesn't get you in trouble someday".....I've seen that kinda stuff get folks in deeep trouble. Perhaps if you were a little more clear on what you never back down to..... I don't know....and I don't care anymore.

Seriously though. This internet arguing is tired and so am I. I'm done with this crap.

I hear that...... :laughing:

I guess what im saying is that the ramifications of making a mistake on the side of a hill or top of a razer back is less forgiving on a bike then a quad.

The back end stepping out on the side of a hill when riding a quad is no biggy, but on a bike can result in a highside very easily. On a razer if you dont land the other side at the right angle or throttle input you can easily loose the front and face plant or loose the rear and high side.

Like you said, I would much rather crash a bike then a quad!!

its probably just from my experience that i think its easier to go over a ridge on a bike

it may not be for some others like urself but heres how it went

a few years ago my dad got me a ttr 125...first bike

rode it around and tried to keep up with the group but it just didnt have the power and i was too heavy

sold it and we were gonna get another bike but that never happened

2 years later i get a job and after a year i bought my crf 450

did a few practice turns out on the flats

went on a ride with the experienced riders and i just followed them

the ridges were the least of my worrys it was turning and sliding out that had me

to date i have only fallen on one ridge and thats cuz i was just beginning and it kinda switched back and forth

maybe its confidence that kept me goin i have no idea

and now im the one leadin and i like to take as many ridges as i can

Well I can tell you the biggest fear any of the noobs I take out riding int he dunes have is razers. The steering uneasiness is there too as you would expect. But time and time again the new guys only seem to have problems making a succesfull "over the top" with out dumping it on the other side...

Up untill last year I was a dune newb and honestly the only things that scared me were the insane slopes, the massive hills, the soft sand, the razor backs, going up the faces, coming down the faces, going over razors, the whoops, the height involved and the sand.

So basically EVERYTHING scared the sh*t outta me!!!

I love it now tho :ban-split:

Mike is good peeps. Nice guy :D:ban-split:

I'm not really that nice, Pete and his posey just scare the crap out of me...so I have to behave. :whoop:

Kelly it would be great to hook-up with you guys as well. This site has some great peeps. Sorry about not making it last night at PT's.

:lol: Had to work late waiting for ESPN to clear up some technical issues in the field. Last minute Bret Farve Interviews.... But we'll make the next one for sure.

:booty: