Bikers raise your hands...

Sand Saw

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two wheels , chicks love em !!

for guys [ and I use that lightly ] who can't ride a quad , so they make up for it , some how with a bike.

:bawl::beercheers:

I have no problem riding a quad and have the ability to keep up just as fast as a 2 wheeler ride.. however i just prefer my 2 wheels over 4.

im gonna add my 2 cents in here because ive ridden both

u dont know wut ur talkin about unless uve ridden both

they both have their positives and negatives

it takes more experience on quads to flip over a ridge, stay on a ridge, and jump

u need to shift ur weight alot and by turning too tight u might go over

they are also alot more bumpy and if u can ride one of those psshh...ur aight in my book

dirtbikes....require alot more balance but when ur along a ridge u can just cruise it...u dont have to lean or anything the tire catches along the dune and its like ridin the flats

flippin over the ridge...stick ur front tire over and the back follows

jumping...get some air and its easy to maneuver in the air but u gotta give it gas when u land unlike quads

and dirtbikes are WAAAYYY smoother :banghead: ...+ u can do alot more and turn alot better on em

u fall on a dune on a dirtbike it stops where u fall

u fall on a quad...its comin after u

quads and dirtbike

its not which is a girly bike because ive seen girls who can ride both unbelieveably well :beercheers:

its who knows how to ride better

no matter what u still have to have skill to ride em :bawl:

im gonna add my 2 cents in here because ive ridden both

u dont know wut ur talkin about unless uve ridden both

they both have their positives and negatives

it takes more experience on quads to flip over a ridge, stay on a ridge, and jump

u need to shift ur weight alot and by turning too tight u might go over

they are also alot more bumpy and if u can ride one of those psshh...ur aight in my book

dirtbikes....require alot more balance but when ur along a ridge u can just cruise it...u dont have to lean or anything the tire catches along the dune and its like ridin the flats

flippin over the ridge...stick ur front tire over and the back follows

jumping...get some air and its easy to maneuver in the air but u gotta give it gas when u land unlike quads

and dirtbikes are WAAAYYY smoother :banghead: ...+ u can do alot more and turn alot better on em

u fall on a dune on a dirtbike it stops where u fall

u fall on a quad...its comin after u

quads and dirtbike

its not which is a girly bike because ive seen girls who can ride both unbelieveably well :beercheers:

its who knows how to ride better

no matter what u still have to have skill to ride em :bawl:

This site must be having server issues?? I didnt get any email notification of replies and I also got the "click here" error message.

Anyways, I agree with MOST of the above. However, I dont think it takes more skill to ride ridges or go over them on a quad, quite the contrary actually. Quads have 4 wheels and are naturally stable. A dirt bike going across a ridge or over it needs more rider imput to keep ballance on. Its easy to wash out the front and face plant, or have the rear slide downwards pointing the nose up the hill suddenly. The rest of what you said I agree with totally. Especially the bikes are less bumpy by far. Anyone who says a quad is a smoother ride in the rough stuff then a bike simply is ignorant and prolly has never riddin a bike. I started out on quads and now I ride bikes. There isnt anything short of a LT Car I havnt operated in the dunes and I picked bikes as my favorite. No one is going to convince me otherwise so dont try, just show up and RIDE...

Quads take less skill to operate period, thats not a poke at you guys on quads its just fact. Anyone, child or adult can "operate" a quad all be it not very "well" and still have fun. Thats why 90% of off roaders start out on a quad. If in doubt slam on the brakes will save you from most danger, you dont even have to worry about putting your feet down. It simply takes more skill to operate a bike "WELL". You still have to operate the controls the same as a quad but at the same time maintain BALLANCE. Thats a bit much for a beginner in MOST cases. Unfortunately for responsible quad riders the idiot "quad tards" give you all a bad name (The no helmet drunk, racing circles around their camp, two up with tiny children on their laps, donuts that damage RVs, stirring up dust for everyone else, morons). Much like idiot "stunters" doing stupid stuff on the streets pissin of the cops and giving the rest of us "crotch rockets guys" bad names.

I didnt start this thread looking to start a war. Bikes and quads dont always do well together do to the different handling charactersitics and riding styles. You cant haul up a hill on a bike and slam the brakes and make an instant U-turn like you can on a quad. Bikes tend to take faster smoother sweeping lines and take to the air more often. Bikes also handle the big whoops at much faster speeds (I have yet to see a quad pass me when im 5th gear pinned on the whoops going to Comp). When I said "near expert" I meant it, if you guys "bet my buddy can smoke you" GREAT!! Thats who im looking for, send them over and lets see!! Simple huh?? If your buddy really can smoke me great, when the day is over ill shake his hand, then stick a cold beer in it.

No sh*t talking, just some good ol' fashion SHUT UP AND RIDE!!

two wheels , chicks love em !!

for guys [ and I use that lightly ] who can't ride a quad , so they make up for it , some how with a bike.

:banghead::beercheers:

How exactly is a guy who cant ride a quad going to even DREAM about operating a bike?? :bawl::flipoff:

As far as the guy versus girl thing, I can name one right now that would give 60-80% of the guys I know a run for their money. Just ask Nick, he can tell ya... :D

And for those of you who think Britt is a sexest pig, he is!! So what?? It's a free country and just as fair as you and I can call him that, he can prove it.

Saying that most adults and children can ride quads doesn't really amount to anything. A monkey can be trained to operate a motorcycle too. :bawl:

post-475-1204664517_thumb.jpg

I learned to ride on motorcycles....and rode many years around Cali before leaving home. When I finally got back into it many years later I tried one of those fancy things with all that new fangled suspension.....no thanks. I'm smarter than that, and don't need to feel like I'm a bada$$ anymore. Mortgage companies don't care either. This is just a hobby....and "It's just sand."

Quads aren't something to scoff at either. You can say what you want, but they also deserve their due. However, comparing the two is like apples and oranges... :beercheers: ...and argueing about it is just plain retarded.

This just in......

Testosterone Overload Kills Brain Cells

Too little testosterone is bad, too much is bad but the right amount is perfect. Other people have shown that high levels of steroid can cause behavioral changes. We can show that when you have high levels of steroids, you have high testosterone and that can destroy the nerve cells. We know that when you lose brain cells you lose function.

Click

:beercheers:

Saying that most adults and children can ride quads doesn't really amount to anything. A monkey can be trained to operate a motorcycle too. :flipoff:

Uh ok, that "bike" has a side car, so it might as well be a "qwad"... Lets try this, lets get an automatic trans peewee bike and an auto peewee quad. Pic 5 random children from the neighborhood with no prior riding experience and let them have at it. Then lets see how many can properly operate with no training the bike and quad. You pay the med bills for those trying the bike and ill pay for those riding the quad. Facts are facts my man. A bike is simply harder to operate. Im not picking on "qwad fans" im just stating facts. There some really fast guys on qwads that I have ridden with and I was really impressed. But the facts the same, the ease of operating a quad means the ratio of morons on qwads is always going to be higher...

I'm smarter than that, and don't need to feel like I'm a bada$$ anymore. Mortgage companies don't care either. This is just a hobby....and "It's just sand."

I was born a bada$$, I dont need a bike to make me one... :beercheers::dunno::bawl:

Quads aren't something to scoff at either. You can say what you want, but they also deserve their due.

Never contested that, dont put words in my mouth...

However, comparing the two is like apples and oranges... :banghead:

Not exactly, its like comparing rifles and hand guns...they do the same thing, just in different ways and skill levels...

Edited by Sand Saw

You must be thinking I am only talking to you. I don't see where I put words into your mouth.

It seemed like you were accusing me of saying NO ONE on a qwad has any skill and that ALL qwad riders are "qwad tards". My experience is most anyone who has never ridden a bike and currently rides a qwad thinks all guys on bikes believe they are loosers. Its like a "complex" or something... :D

Dont get me wrong, I have met many guys on bikes who think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they cant keep up with a Utility qwad in the dunes. Hence this thread, looking for truly FAST, EXPERIENCED guys. I think because I was only looking for bikers (do to riding STYLES) all the qwad guys with COMPLEXES chimed in with the normal BS...

Bikes leading qwads seems to work fine due to the long flowing "lines", its my experience on a bike following qwads that the sudden ubrupt U-turns many guys like to make causes issues with the bikes following them. You cant do that on a bike, so the lines get split up and you end up doing a lot of circling!! Also, its very easy to "crab" a qwad across the side of a hill, but its much more difficult for a biker of less skill. So generally, it just works better for bikes to follow bikes, especially when you are talking high speed experienced guys...

It seemed like you were accusing me of saying NO ONE on a qwad has any skill and that ALL qwad riders are "qwad tards". My experience is most anyone who has never ridden a bike and currently rides a qwad thinks all guys on bikes believe they are loosers. Its like a "complex" or something... :D

Dont get me wrong, I have met many guys on bikes who think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they cant keep up with a Utility qwad in the dunes. Hence this thread, looking for truly FAST, EXPERIENCED guys. I think because I was only looking for bikers (do to riding STYLES) all the qwad guys with COMPLEXES chimed in with the normal BS...

Bikes leading qwads seems to work fine due to the long flowing "lines", its my experience on a bike following qwads that the sudden ubrupt U-turns many guys like to make causes issues with the bikes following them. You cant do that on a bike, so the lines get split up and you end up doing a lot of circling!! Also, its very easy to "crab" a qwad across the side of a hill, but its much more difficult for a biker of less skill. So generally, it just works better for bikes to follow bikes, especially when you are talking high speed experienced guys...

I hear ya. I'm actually a rail guy myself. No travel at this point....but someday I'll have a LT. I just recently bought a quad and decided to try it out......glad I didn't get the dirtbike!! :beercheers: "With age comes the cage!!!"

How exactly is a guy who cant ride a quad going to even DREAM about operating a bike?? :beercheers::bawl:

As far as the guy versus girl thing, I can name one right now that would give 60-80% of the guys I know a run for their money. Just ask Nick, he can tell ya... :D

And for those of you who think Britt is a sexest pig, he is!! So what?? It's a free country and just as fair as you and I can call him that, he can prove it.

I have and I'm sure will continue to ride at a much higher and much faster level than you will probably ever see... the only :banghead: I can see hear is you

And I have never once posted I have riding skills :flipoff:

True dat!! :D

Anyways, I agree with MOST of the above. However, I dont think it takes more skill to ride ridges or go over them on a quad, quite the contrary actually.....

Quads take less skill to operate period, thats not a poke at you guys on quads its just fact. Anyone, child or adult can "operate" a quad all be it not very "well" and still have fun.....

I didnt start this thread looking to start a war...... If your buddy really can smoke me great, when the day is over ill shake his hand, then stick a cold beer in it.

No sh*t talking, just some good ol' fashion SHUT UP AND RIDE!!

Uh ok, that "bike" has a side car, so it might as well be a "qwad"... Lets try this, lets get an automatic trans peewee bike and an auto peewee quad.....

I was born a bada$$, I dont need a bike to make me one... :beercheers::banghead::bawl:

Never contested that, dont put words in my mouth...

Not exactly, its like comparing rifles and hand guns...they do the same thing, just in different ways and skill levels...

I thought you said you didn't start this thread "looking to start a war"!?! Quit arguing already :dunno:

Can we not all just get along and agree that quads are for girls and bikes are for guys?

And here's one for you too!! :thumb: