What's going on in life thats auctually GOOD?

HarleyR

So the older I get the more I understand why my oldman would sit infront of the TV and watch the news and get spooled up when I was a kid.... I worry alot about the economy.... Work... what the next president is going to do to help or lack of.....All the gloom and doom you read and hear has to wear on people... I know it does me... Dumb thread but oh well....

But there's an upside..... I deffently have a job next season... as well as 2010

Im learning to SCUBA dive..pretty excited bout that...

dumont opening season 3 days away :P

Just bought a new house should have my closing packet and nice check in handed to me tomorrow.

cr500 will be completely rebuilt for the maiden voyage in glamis

my wife ISNT pregnant.

I havent killed my sister in law yet.

Dumont

I got rid of my inlaws ( couldnt take much more of them )

Dumont

Wow, this is an interesting topic.

Well ok, I am thankful to have a somewhat decent job in this economy. Definately not what im used to financially, but its stable.

I have a roof over my head and food in my fridge and clothes on my back.

And I have great friends in my life I can depend on when the chips are down!

Cant really ask for much more if you ask me.

I have complained in the past about the crappy hours and not having enough money to go to the dunes as often as id like. BUT IM THANKFUL for everything I have in my life right now. Things arent great, but they can always be worse. :usa:

everybody in my family is healthy!

Were expecting our second healthy kid in 12 short days

My company is actually going to have it's best year yet, so I can pay all my guys and still have a little left over for our family

I have some great friends, although I wish I did more with them.

Dumont season is coming up!!

I'm sure there's more but those are the biggies!!

I hear what your saying, Harley, but it's not a dumb thread at all. Sometimes you gotta take a look at the positive things going on in life to realize it's not that bad.

What's actually going good in my life...quite a bit I think :D

-Even in the crappy economy, I still have a stable job that pays decent.

-All the toys in the garage are paid for including a nearly brand new rail that is prepped for the weekend and ready to go. YIAH YIAH

-a nice roof over my head that is affordable

-I have an amazing chic to enjoy and share my life with.

-my HEALTH is good

-my Mom is still doing pretty good after her triple bypass.

-I'm 31 and still have NO kids. :headbang1: reminder to self: make vasectomy appt! :whip::idea:

-I have some awesome friends & damn good people in my life right now.

-dune season is here- 2 more days for me! :woo_hoo:

-just bought another Raptor :headbang1: That means more ride time with monkie. :D

-got some cool plans and ideas for home improvements to come this winter that we're pretty excited about.

I try not to watch the news. Anna has made me realize how much it just bums you out at times. They usually don't ever have anything very good to talk about...murders, crappy economy, chitty education system and drop-out rates, our country is going down the tubes :blah::blah::blah:

Eff watching and hearing about all that chit. :usa: Crack open a beer and put on some music or watch some South Park. Or better yet...hop on DDR. :grin::laughing:

Aww baby! Thanks..and ditto! I just remind myself to act like I'm on vacation, and then everything is magically awesome :headbang1:

Like Pete said, I have great friends that remind me how good people can be. :usa:

I am kicking a$$ at my new day job and diving 2x a week on the clock! :swim:

My business is getting bigger and better bit by bit. :laughing:

I have a live in comedian, F-ing Kitty! :woo_hoo:

I learn something new frequently. :idea:

I have Pete (all I need). :blah:

I am making more money than last month, and I'll make more next :D

Dumont time! :blah:

I live in a country where I can eat all the bacon I want, not wear pants all the time, and be on DDR :headbang1:

Oh! And Harley will soon be a scuba monkie too! :B :blah:

I think this is a great topic. Its real easy to get caught up in the complaining all the time and look past all the good. Its nice to see someone looking at the brighter side. I have a ton of good things going on in my life right now.

I have an awesome wife. She doesnt mind me going to the dunes as often as I like. She knows dune season is short, so take advantage of it.

I have a wonderful Kid. She's sharp as a whip and is doing fantastic in school.

I look out in the garage and driveway and realize everything I have is paid for.

I was blessed to move into this new house and can actually afford it.

Even thoug Im fat, my doctor says Im healthy.

Ive got awesome friends and very cool neighbors.

Even in this down economy, my income is stable.

Thanks for starting this topic. I am a fortunate guy!!!

Boy I could so turn this thread around right now but I won't.....

So the good things are:

I forgot my annaversary on the 13th and so did my wife (woo close one)

She puts up with my azz after 13 years

My 3 boys are typical boys (boys will be boys)

The price of budweiser has not gone up since becoming a swedish company (ok who cares LOL)

home morgage seems to be safe with my credit union

My wife's boobs are as good as new and paid for

Matt Millen (Lions GM) got fired

And last but not least I have DDR !!!!!!!

NOW SOMEONE GET ME A BEER!!!!

:usa:

With all this bullshit goin on............................. :blink:

How about some good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang1:

-I am busy as hell with work, I build apartments.

-My wife and two dogs are healthy and happy. :clap:

-I have plenty of beer in the fridge. :headbang1::laughing::woo_hoo:

-My 401K isn't dwenling.............cause I moved into a IRA. :whip:

-I am not on a adjustable rate. :slap:

-Dumont season is here!!! :flatbiller:

-Obama has not been elected!!!! YET?

-Again, I have plenty of beer. :idea:

-A women will not be President! :blah:

-Walmart is still open. :duniemonkie:

-My grass is green as hell, with water restrictions. :booty:

-My guns have plenty of ammo, for the up and coming. :beat::usa: :shoot: :grin::blah:

-I toss my dogs poops over the wall into my neighbors yard.............cause he moved out. :blah:

Anything else????????????????????????

Edited by maxdout

-I toss my dogs poops over the wall into my neighbors yard.............cause he moved out. :usa:

come onnnnnn you can walk your lazy a$$ to the other side of the yard and chuck it in the desert where no one will care LOL

YES!! KICK A$$ TOPIC.

My beautiful daughter is healthy and happy and almost 9 months old.

and everytime she sees me walk in the door she does this mini freak out thing and smiles as big as she can...and if i thought about it hard enough i could cry about it.

My beautiful wife has turned into an amazing mother and life partner...

and puts up with my: duning, poker playing, BAND, buddies, video games, grumpy after work episodes, farts, burps, stinky a$$ after baseball etc. etc.

We're about to move into our own place!

and considering we had our baby a bit early in mosts eyes...we will be free from parenthood before we're 45!!

I'm in a band with my BEST friends and my brother. and i've never had more fun with a group of dudes in my life...besdies for summer night drags.

got a bunch of new friends off of this crazy place, that i would always help out in time of need.

that and i just won my fantasy baseball leauge!

well Hell I figure I can post something positive also.

I am in the Aerospace industry and as we all know Millitary has been very busy over the past 8 Years.

Making decent $$ My industry has a min of 4 years left with without any decline and is expected to stay strong over the next 10.

I have a wife and two beatiful little girls. One 4 ( Katie) and the other 7 ( Ginger ) . ( They keep my sanity ).

Like dunefreak mentioned before ( Vasectomy) Mines done already !!!!

Dune season is always a priority. Use to go to glamis 6 times a year but will now be making dumont at least 4 and glamis 2.

Great peeps on the DDR site hopefully get a chance to meet all one day.

Recently found out I am diabetic but it will make me heathier in the end. I have lost 25 Lbs in three months and plan to Diet correctly with EXERCISE... :pissed: I would have never done this not knowing.. :angry2:

Chhers to Life. :banghead:

well Hell I figure I can post something positive also.

I am in the Aerospace industry and as we all know Millitary has been very busy over the past 8 Years.

Making decent $$ My industry has a min of 4 years left with without any decline and is expected to stay strong over the next 10.

I have a wife and two beatiful little girls. One 4 ( Katie) and the other 7 ( Ginger ) . ( They keep my sanity ).

Like dunefreak mentioned before ( Vasectomy) Mines done already !!!!

Dune season is always a priority. Use to go to glamis 6 times a year but will now be making dumont at least 4 and glamis 2.

Great peeps on the DDR site hopefully get a chance to meet all one day.

Recently found out I am diabetic but it will make me heathier in the end. I have lost 25 Lbs in three months and plan to Diet correctly with EXERCISE... :angry2: I would have never done this not knowing.. :finger:

Chhers to Life. :banghead:

diabetes runs in my family.... i havetaken a pro active stance and began going to the gym 5 times a week a little over 2 years ago, and stepped it up to every day within the last year.

i alsomake better choices in the food i consume

once in awhile isnt bad, like a dune trip, or disneyland, but as long as a majority of your time is spent on your schedule, you'll be ok :pissed: