Barstow crash

ltr450

Seen this on gd.com... Apparently, a prerunner truck collided with a rail head on. They were only doing about 30mph each and the truck drove over the passenger tire and broke the cage above the passenger. Maybe someone else has more details. The guy in the rail was killed

post-3227-1223934949_thumb.jpg

post-3227-1223934971_thumb.jpg

post-3227-1223935002_thumb.jpg

post-3227-1223935026_thumb.jpg

post-3227-1223935050_thumb.jpg

post-3227-1223935075_thumb.jpg

post-3227-1223935096_thumb.jpg

This is really terrible. It seems to be happening more and more. I think they should make a restricted zone within 100 feet of any rail road tracks.

I think the truck went head on into the sandrail...

but regardless, this is a terrible accident, my condolences to the families of the injured and deceased

looks like faster then 30mph each. that rail looks bad alot of broken bars.

don't forget...

30 mph (truck) + 30 mph (buggy) = 60 mph collsion that could easily do that damage.

I read this today (actually at the exact same time ltr450 was, lol) on GD.

VERY sad and tragic for sure. :( My condolences to the family of the guy in the rail. Thats too bad. :(

Thats very sad. It appears they cut the chassis apart to extracate the passenger? I hope so, anyways, cause the chassis should have held up better then that.

Mental note......always use atleast one 20$ flag.....and maybe mount the belts right too.

wow. please everyone be safe, keep your head on a swivel. people come out of no where with the toys we have in our sport. this goes to show that you are not totally safe with a cage. again everyone be safe.

my condolences to the families involved

5000 LB TRUCK VERSUS 1500 LB RAIL THATS WHAT HAPPENS.

1500 lb rail? Thats not a 2 passenger vw.......thats probably well north of 3000 lbs as a 4 pass desert car. Full of fuel and two passengers its probably atleast 3200....maybe more.

The truck might be more then 6k though too.

Thats terrible... I hate to see that any time... I have responded to a few crashes like that one before.. It is so unfair to loose your life like that...

Lets all take an extra second while were duning around this season... keep a look out for others and keep it safe around the camping areas...

those are some terrible looking pictures!

i hope the family of the driver of the rail is okayy! :(

this has to be more then 30mph tho!

I read on GD a post from the passenger in the rails best friend. The passenger is the one who passed away. The friend said they were about 200 yards from camp and heard the wreck. He used a sawzall to extricate his friend. He said it was a terrible accident and reckless behavior was not a factor. Sad story indeed.