from what I saw, the economy is doing JUST fine...

Richard Cheese

on the way home from Work this afternoon, heading west on the 58 (only highway from the valley to the desert), i saw more than 100 haulers and moho's pulling enclosed and stackers... made me want to cry cause im not going :bawl:

i know the economy is bad, but with the freekin parade i saw earlier today, (the most ive EVER seen at one time on the 58) it seems some people are doing good enough to get out to the desert/dumont and get some ride time in

....just sayin :whistle:

Sometimes it costs just as much to spend a weekend at the dunes as it does to stay home. I'm just sayin. :whistle::bawl::lol:

If you do it right- it's not that much. Besides, going duning is like the need for oxygen. No matter how bad things are, ya still need it to survive. :clown:

When I see the grandstands at NASCAR races, NFL games, NCAA sporting events, NBA games, etc, empty then I'll believe this nonsense about the economy. Diesel has dropped to $2.48 here in the middle of the Mojave and I don't see any lack of offroading going on in the immediate area.

Times are good if you're not a dumbazz and already living beyond your means. Credit will be the downfall of this great Nation.

NONSENSE! :ah: Nonsense my azz. A very good friend of my who was a MX racer, supports FoDD, who donates $$$$ to Glamis, Dumont, etc. Just lost his job. This wonderful man has been in the biz for over 40 years, a Vietnam Vet, and does everything he can to support the sport. The Honda shop that he has been running for over 25 years is closing. He has 25 employees, many who own their own homes, have small children have lost their jobs too. They are going to lose their homes and it is the Holidays. Great!

You call this NONSENCE? :whistle: Think again. The economy is in the sh*t house. Some of us just aren't as effected as others. So please don't make light of this situation. It is bad.

Rant over. :bawl:

Edited by desertskyz

We been coming to T Day at Dumont for well over a dogs age.

It's fewer pre-holiday rigs for sure.

Yesterday all night rain was intense so that may slow some.

The $1.74 gas is a plus for us. It'll knock $250 off the trip easily.

Vendors row as big as ever.

Look to see folks start rolling in this late afternoon through tomorrow morning.

Starting to see rolling patches of sun.

We been coming to T Day at Dumont for well over a dogs age.

It's fewer pre-holiday rigs for sure.

Yesterday all night rain was intense so that may slow some.

The $1.74 gas is a plus for us. It'll knock $250 off the trip easily.

Vendors row as big as ever.

Look to see folks start rolling in this late afternoon through tomorrow morning.

Starting to see rolling patches of sun.

You have any pix yet...?

Drove by Dumont today going from Death Valley to Calico, those dunes were WET. Rained all night in Death Valley as well, Looks like the Tranny builders will be having a good Christmas :D:whistle:

i hope it stays wet till i get there.. nothing like throwing softballs with the power of the 500 :P Fat guy deep paddles and wet sand makes a bad day for the person following me :P I have seen what wet sand from a 2 wheeler can do to a guy on my 426 just imagine the size of the bruise i could leave with my 500 :P

NONSENSE! :ah: Nonsense my azz. A very good friend of my who was a MX racer, supports FoDD, who donates $$$$ to Glamis, Dumont, etc. Just lost his job. This wonderful man has been in the biz for over 40 years, a Vietnam Vet, and does everything he can to support the sport. The Honda shop that he has been running for over 25 years is closing. He has 25 employees, many who own their own homes, have small children have lost their jobs too. They are going to lose their homes and it is the Holidays. Great!

You call this NONSENCE? :whistle: Think again. The economy is in the sh*t house. Some of us just aren't as effected as others. So please don't make light of this situation. It is bad.

Rant over. :bawl:

Good job Skyz !!!

Edited by desertrider71

From the 20mph bumper to bumper traffic on the 91 both directions, shoulder to shoulder crowds at Knott's Berry Farm for Thanksgiving, steady stream of Haulers, Diesel Pushers, and trucks loaded with toys heading to Glamis yesterday, I would say all is well in America.

It's just a matter of perception and priorities. Sure there are some out there that get set back due to matters not of their own making, but the majority is self inflicted. Trying to keep up with the Jonses', second and third mortgages to buy toys they couldn't afford to begin with, the list goes on. It's real simple, live within YOUR means and things like $5 a gallon gasoline are only an inconvenience.

Pretty hard to lose a house when you just recently lost a job, banks will work with you to ensure that you don't forclose, they don't want to lose money either. Unless you are Freddie and Fannie and financing the wrong fuggers to begin with just to make a quick buck. There are millions of jobs out there, just depends on how bad you want one. Might not be the exact one you'd prefer but they are there for the taking. I see hiring taking place on a daily basis.

If you are seeking a handout Obama has one waiting for you, if you are seeking employment someone is looking for a hard working individual. Just have to want it. Anyway, ain't America great!

Happy Holidays to each and all.