Is it just me?

sandawg

Seems like the crowds at Comp at night are getting bigger and more boistrous. I used to love to go out and watch the hill and some of the crazziness in the crowd;. Seems like the influx of Newbees to Dumont have brough a whole new eliment of folks whose idea of a night at Comp is to aggitate as many as possible. Maybe it's just me! :laughoff: Hope we are not headed the direction of the closure or real restrictions like Glamis has had.

Seems like the crowds at Comp at night are getting bigger and more boistrous. I used to love to go out and watch the hill and some of the crazziness in the crowd;. Seems like the influx of Newbees to Dumont have brough a whole new eliment of folks whose idea of a night at Comp is to aggitate as many as possible. Maybe it's just me! :laughing: Hope we are not headed the direction of the closure or real restrictions like Glamis has had.

well this year i didnt notice as many people as last year...last year there were 5-6 rows and they were alot longer and more packed

i did notice that alot of the people out there just came to party :finger::laughoff::yiah:

not many people racin up the hill tho

racin up the hill at night is a giant no no.

last year was cool...about the right size n all....would you say the turnout for t day weekend was less than last year?

I estimate that the total crowd was down as much as half to last year. The group at comp on Sat night was as large as I have seen it and they were wilder in our area. With the new hoops at the top and left of Comp I agree carefull if running the hill. Banshie was packed Saturday and there was some filming of some kind with some desert trucks. I didn't like the idea that They would climb about half way up the hill and go down full throttle and jump the burm at the bottom on Friday afternoon. Too many people in the area. Some jumps were in excess of 50-75 feet long right into the left side of the parking and looky looing area. :finger::laughoff:

I thought the comp nighttime crowd was actually more tame and well behaved this T-day weekend. Even though attendance was down this year at Dumont overall, it seemed just as big and crowded at comp as some big weekends in the past. I think there have actually been LESS azzhats out there recently. Yes, they will always be there doing stupid chit, but it seems like most of em can't afford to go out anymore. Good thing too! :laughoff:

actually they are legal there is no law saying the maximum db your horn can be but the ticket you would get is that if you use them without a purpose but anyone can get that with their normal horn and they are legal for off-road no matter what

sorry blake but richard is right the train horns can't be use on the public roads only off road, i do agree they shouldn't be use all the day either but is just me I am old fart :freakin_nuts:

Well your cop friend is WRONG! Its illegal.

Semi trucks can even get a ticket if the blowing the horn wasnt necessary.

I almost got pulled over sunday on the way home for blaring mine saying bye to a friend I was traveling with.

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Is it just me, or is this thread about COMP hill? :laughing:

Speaking of, I was actually glad to see some people actually going up comp hill at night and we were able to see some racing action. Halloween weekend there were a bunch of people hanging out at the hill, but there were like only two slow azz quads go up the whole time. At least two people were having fun. haha

i talked to a friend that is a cop and you can have them

:laughing: but I couldn't help it!

:?: Which department does your cop friend work? Not that I worked for the LVMPD or studied law :laughoff: , but

http://www.ordlink.com/codes/lasvegas/index.htm and http://municipalcodes.lexisnexis.com/codes...y__annoyin.html .

Feel free to research City and County laws here http://www.ordlink.com/codes/lasvegas/index.htm and http://www.ordlink.com/codes/clarknv/index.htm .

So, Comp.... :laughoff: I think it is less crazy than the past 2 seasons with less people racing and more people just hanging out, :laughoff: I don't care to do either.

Only been out on Halloween weekend so far this season (for a weekend trip). Anyway, Comp was pretty busy, esp the night it rained. I was really surprised we weren't the only crazy ones out there getting soaked! I didn't see anything out of the ordinary though.

:D

Seems like the crowds at Comp at night are getting bigger and more boistrous. I used to love to go out and watch the hill and some of the crazziness in the crowd;. Seems like the influx of Newbees to Dumont have brough a whole new eliment of folks whose idea of a night at Comp is to aggitate as many as possible. Maybe it's just me! :laughing: Hope we are not headed the direction of the closure or real restrictions like Glamis has had.

We saw an encounter with a guy who couldnt stand that SxS's attract most the women.

Chix like Rhinos, Teryx's,, Rangers ect,, and aren't that interested in his tubesteak frame VW powered buggie and he didn't like it.

He shouted some insults, and of course sped off.

Used to be so neat and orderly at Comp.

But still,, a far cry better than Glamis.

:?: I'm going to have to disagree with the crowds at comp getting bigger. To me it seems like the crowds at comp have begun to mellow out from a couple seasons ago. I really don't think we have alot of newbees out at the dunes due to the slowing economic times and the rise in unemployment.

comp hill seemed to have a lot less trash than last year :grin: when I went out on sat. morning (7 a.m.) and on sun. morning same time there was very little I was surprised :whistle::grin:

There was less trash this year than last, but there was still enough to piss me off. On Saturday morning about 6:00am me and another person were picking up all the beer cans, bottles and other stuff. Filled 3 50 gal. trash containers. Still, cleaner than other years.

:?: I'm going to have to disagree with the crowds at comp getting bigger. To me it seems like the crowds at comp have begun to mellow out from a couple seasons ago. I really don't think we have alot of newbees out at the dunes due to the slowing economic times and the rise in unemployment.

It must be an age specific issue I deal with. :grin::whistle:

I finallly talked one of my camp mates to go to Comp with me on Saturday night. He has never been out at night before. We parked several rows back on the left. Action on the hill was very light due to the condition of the sand. It was about 8:00 so early for me. We had big trucks spinning around the corner right by us, quads were roosting us and others. Bikes and quads were doing wheelies in the isle in front of us. Trucks and rails would back into spots in front of us and leave their lights on, who knows why it took so long for them to turm them off. Folks were running huge light bars at full wattage through the crowds.?????The final straw for my compadre was the huge lifted truck that pulled two spots away from us, open their doors and turmed their stereo up to a point of annoyance and left it that way for the duration. The speeding in the isles and spining out seemed real un safe too. Been going out for years and the action on the hill was the draw. I'll have to get used to the people that think differently then I.

My friend talked the rest of the weekend that he would never, never go out to the hill again at night.

The fact that in my two previous trips to the hill resulted in someone pulling right in front of me, blocking my view of the hill and wanted to start something just because I asked them if they could move. Oh well!

The area is made for partying and I know that, but it just seems like a younger more agressive and not too considerate group is increasing in size.

:grin::finger:

I estimate that the total crowd was down as much as half to last year. The group at comp on Sat night was as large as I have seen it and they were wilder in our area. With the new hoops at the top and left of Comp I agree carefull if running the hill. Banshie was packed Saturday and there was some filming of some kind with some desert trucks. I didn't like the idea that They would climb about half way up the hill and go down full throttle and jump the burm at the bottom on Friday afternoon. Too many people in the area. Some jumps were in excess of 50-75 feet long right into the left side of the parking and looky looing area. :whistle::grin:

I believe that was Friday during the day. I was there and comp was pretty full. All of a sudden 2 offroad trucks (one Black and one Red with I believe the number 97 on the black one) came barrelin down comp and jumped the burm at the bottom. They continued to do this going through a very small area that was opened up to let them through without hitting the crowd. They must of had permission because the Sheriff was there. There was a guy filming their jumps. The black truck literaly came within inches of the camera guy as he took pictures. He would come directly at the camera man and then turn throwing up dust everywhere just missing him everytime. I've seen those trucks on TV before. They were also out Saturday but went behind comp somewhere.

We sat way in the back of Comp Hill on Friday night until about 10pm. It looked like there was a lot of people there. Saw the Sheriff give about 4 tickets from 7-10pm. Didn't see a lot of racing however, just partying.

One of the reasons we sit way to the back of comp is just because someone always will pull infront of you and you can't watch anything or someone just blairs their music so loud you can't hear. We usually sit on top of the burm (small hill) over to the left or almost all the way back across the flats just to watch the action but get away from some of the younger groud that doesn't care if they get in your way or not.

Edited by ahsumtoy