Super Bowl Weekend - Dumont

Sandpirates2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dammit :MBdance: i bail on my annual trip, and all you :beerpint: zzz are now going???

is it my bad breath??? :70:

oh well, gonna have to cap it until cleanup weekend

Cheese, if we go you are welcome to stay w/ us. Just cruise the Dmax and bomb out there in the back. CHEAP CHEAP trip. :ynot:;)

Cheese, if we go you are welcome to stay w/ us. Just cruise the Dmax and bomb out there in the back. CHEAP CHEAP trip. :driver:;)

dammit...even if i wanted to, i cant be done

i was changing the oil on the bumblebee today, and i overtorqued the oil filter cover nuts, and fuggin SNAPPED the cover in two :banghead:

parts wont be shipped until 1/31/09, with an estimatation date of receival (is that even an effen word?? :lol: ) at 2/10

:blury:

dammit...even if i wanted to, i cant be done

i was changing the oil on the bumblebee today, and i overtorqued the oil filter cover nuts, and fuggin SNAPPED the cover in two :driver:

parts wont be shipped until 1/31/09, with an estimatation date of receival (is that even an effen word?? :lol: ) at 2/10

:banghead:

Cheese why so long?? you should have used FED-EX!!!! :blury::lol::blah: LOL

Oil filter cover nuts??? Two bolts hold the oil filter cover on. Whachoo talkin' bout Willis?

Are you using the extended cover that came on the 03 and newer models? Most folks switched because the longer filters were easier to find. If you're wanting to come down I can overnight you a cover, or you can bring some oil and I'll have a cover in hand.

Strap it on, pour it in, and go.

That didn't come out right, but, well, you know...

I'm tryin' Pete. We're in the middle of a bunch of remodeling and the house in is a total uproar so I need the break. May try and make a day trip out of it but I'd rather stay overnight and just roll out Sunday afternoon. No hauler for this trip as it's full of everything that was in the garage that's being finished. Roughing it like the good old days. Oh wait, that was like two years ago!

Hope to see you there.

Oil filter cover nuts??? Two bolts hold the oil filter cover on. Whachoo talkin' bout Willis?

Are you using the extended cover that came on the 03 and newer models? Most folks switched because the longer filters were easier to find. If you're wanting to come down I can overnight you a cover, or you can bring some oil and I'll have a cover in hand.

Strap it on, pour it in, and go.

That didn't come out right, but, well, you know...

still the stock one. i bought a chitload of the shorter filters a few years ago, and i wont switch over until im out of those

the little ears on the side with the bolt holes...one the right side cracked across the inside of the bolt hole...ill get a pic when i get home.....fuggin oil all over the floor on startup..... :usa: good thing i had a plastic sheet down under the bike.

thanks anyway Vic, but i ordered a new one, with a new o ring and new bolts....allegedly be here the first weekd of feb

still the stock one. i bought a chitload of the shorter filters a few years ago, and i wont switch over until im out of those

the little ears on the side with the bolt holes...one the right side cracked across the inside of the bolt hole...ill get a pic when i get home.....fuggin oil all over the floor on startup..... :usa: good thing i had a plastic sheet down under the bike.

thanks anyway Vic, but i ordered a new one, with a new o ring and new bolts....allegedly be here the first weekd of feb

dude its a garage.. a lil brake kleen and some rags..

Cheese it's a filter cap, did you use good ole German torque or put it on with a impact? Friggen Hercules!!!!!!

dude its a garage.. a lil brake kleen and some rags..

yeah i know, i just dont want oil stains, even a HINT of them, on the garage floor

Cheese it's a filter cap, did you use good ole German torque or put it on with a impact? Friggen Hercules!!!!!!

with a small ratchet...and not very hard either. my bike is almost 10 yrs old and i am almost certain that is the stock cap...maybe the metal was weakened??? :usa:

yeah i know, i just dont want oil stains, even a HINT of them, on the garage floor

Yo Nancy, you got OCD or something? :dope: Fuggin whacko! :dunno::usa:

with a small ratchet...and not very hard either. my bike is almost 10 yrs old and i am almost certain that is the stock cap...maybe the metal was weakened??? :shake:

Even though a 1/2 inch ratchet is small to YOU (and Bert), that is way too big for that ma facka! :grin: