A new way to dune

one time

first things first: no it's not my helicopter but I did fly it there.

Our good friends Chuck and Susan and us have a friend in common that is a very giving person who also happens to be well funded. He lent us his helicopter for a few days so we planned a trip to Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

If you where out at Dumont last Thursday, you probably saw us flying around. On our way to Vegas I couldn't resist a quick hop to Dumont. If you are a pilot, you know that D is in the middle of a MOA (military operation area) and it is a little tricky getting out there but it was way worth it. It was a great trip and below are some pics I wanted to share, enjoy

Kevin

post-3146-1236665567_thumb.jpg

the captain has turned on the seatbelt sign.......bwahahaha..... get in, sit down and........

post-3146-1236665772_thumb.jpg

comp

post-3146-1236666018_thumb.jpg

north looking south

post-3146-1236666079_thumb.jpg

where did I put my whip??

post-3146-1236666150_thumb.jpg

post-3146-1236666185_thumb.jpg

north poles

post-3146-1236666452_thumb.jpg

I couldn't resist......

post-3146-1236666489_thumb.jpg

post-3146-1236666575_thumb.jpg

Christy at the north pole

post-3146-1236666602_thumb.jpg

post-3146-1236666634_thumb.jpg

and some of the rest of the trip....hoover dam, grand canyon

Edited by one time

:freakin_nuts: Wow! them are some Awesome pics Kevin. :laughoff:

Dune pic of the month. No votes needed. It's a slam dunk.

That's a cool friend you got there. :laughoff:

Glad you guys had fun, and that you got home safely. :laughoff:

R-

Cool Pics, Must be nice to have friends who are well funded. I know you are in good hands I make the bolts that hold the rotor on top of the Helicopter. Everyone calls them the Jesus bolts there is three of them bad boys in there. Great pics and I am sure good times.

getting thru a MOA isnt tricky.. Its dodging the restricted around it heh..

Sweet pics. One of these days when i scrounge up some extra fundage im gonna go get my damn biannual done and get in the air again.. and go check it out. :D

Thanks all for the kind words. It was a blast flying around the dunes, I wish I had the keys to it all the time, I'd bring it out and give some DDR helicopter rides. :thumb: Ive had my pilot's license for over three years and this was my wife's first ride in a helicopter, she was nervous as could be before we took off, after that it was all smiles. She probably wouldn't have gone if my friend Chuck wasn't there too (he's a commercial airline and helicopter pilot) I was starting to think she doesn't trust me :bert:

To answer a few questions:

It took about 2 1/2 hours to get from home to vegas, even with the detour to the dunes

jakster884, too funny that you make those bolts, I've actually heard the nickname Jesus bolts before, I check em every time before I take off,

I was actually planning to stop off at the dunes on the way home (saturday). We could have got some action pics but I don't think it would have been too safe if I landed with a bunch of people riding around the north pole so this worked out too