DSLR camera tips, techniques, photo sharing, etc

dunefreak

Is anyone here good with photoshop? This picture is being submitted for a calendar (don't know which company yet) and they would like the crowd out of the picture.

I don't have photoshop. So any help would be appreciated.

post-1872-1249571461_thumb.jpg

Is anyone here good with photoshop? This picture is being submitted for a calendar (don't know which company yet) and they would like the crowd out of the picture.

I don't have photoshop. So any help would be appreciated.

post-1872-1249571461_thumb.jpg

How about I photoshop the correct FLAG into that pic instead? lol

So if I photoshop the crowd out, what do you want in their place? Trees? Sky? Hot chicks? ??? lol

• 3 weeks later...

looks like its either nikon or canon for the peeps on here....whens the turf war start :B

wellll i was always one to stray......ordered my first dlsr today!

i went a different direction, my parents have a olympus e-30 and i have played with it a few times, and i though it took real nice pics so when i was lookin i kept drifting back that way

so i was reading reviews and watching demos and blah blah and more blah....and i finally went ahead and ordered the olympus E-620, it seems to have everything the other cameras in that class (canon t1i and nikon d5000) have minus the live video. i thought about it and didnt really see spending the extra for the video feature, i really wanted it for still photos and if i need a quick video i will just use my pocket camera.

here is a link to it olympus E-620

let me know what you think about it for a first dslr!

BTW i got it with the standard lense, 14-42mm, and the 40-150mm lense ...for 719.00

seems like a great camera especially for the price! Congrats Justin. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Man, I need to get out and do some more shooting soon. I haven't done anything pic worthy in a while and am jonzen.

so after watching the photoshoot at work for a major magazine all week, i think i might want to give this whole photography thing a try. I just wonder how much it pays, i would want to do models and sporting stuff like the off road things like dumont and corr racing stuff. Do you go though a contracting company or are you just on your own and have to hire all the lighting guys, wardrobe, makeup blah blah? or? And is schooling a must?

Good shots. Looks surreal, apocalyptic, like a postcard from pinhead :mog: And since this thread is cameras, etc., refreash my memory with your camera, lens etc. Where is that? Sun on the backside? I'm in Hesperia and it's been smelling like campfire for the 2nd day now.

Good shots. Looks surreal, apocalyptic, like a postcard from pinhead :mog: And since this thread is cameras, etc., refreash my memory with your camera, lens etc. Where is that? Sun on the backside? I'm in Hesperia and it's been smelling like campfire for the 2nd day now.

I'm over by Rosamond. The sun was on the other side and above the smoke wall. I took it over by Fox field. The camera is a Nikon D90 and the lens is a 18-200mm.

I took some with a 10.5mm fisheye and de-fished it for a wider angle. Here is one:

p997502397-4.jpg

It was snowing ash yesterday. Lucky for now, the wind is keeping the smoke east of us.

If it wasn't for the blue sky patch and a couple human structures it would look like a bushy Mars

What a great idea! A little crop and pasting, and I could say it was from the Mars rover. :mog:

• 2 months later...

I was at my Aunts house for Halloween with my family. I noticed she had a hummingbird feeder and a few hummingbirds were flying around. I grabbed my camera to see if the shutter speed was fast enough to freeze a hummingbird in flight-

post-1872-1257175541_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1257175534_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1257175526_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1257175549_thumb.jpg

Bringing this back to the top. Finally uploaded some pics from the D60. Took these mostly on P mode and they are unedited other than resized to post on here. I'm thinking I'm gonna make more time to figure this thing out.

I like that flower picture. I noticed on the bottom left of the flower that it looks like a monkey jumping from a branch or something.

post-1872-1257175909_thumb.jpg