NIGHT DRAGS

sndruner213

:lol::mex: Just got home frome the night drags ! what a f**king blast , took my buddy thats never been to dumont and now hes hooked and wants to go back in Aug . you guys are great for putting that on :assblast::assblast: totaly looking forward to the next one . But sad to say i forgot my camera sorry no pics Edited by sndruner213

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::mex: ust got home frome the night drags ! what f**king blast took my buddy thats never been to dumont and now hes hooked and wants to go back in aug . you guys are great for putting that on :assblast::assblast: totaly looking forward to the next one . but sad to say i forgot my camera sorry no pics

Who won KOTH?

I had a BLAST!!!!

My bike ran t*ts the only problem was the rider :assblast: I extended the wheelbase another 6" and just couldnt launch or turn it. I ended up eating it 2-3 times :mex:

I couldnt believe how many insanely fast quads showed up, there must have been at least 60 full on drag banshees, 20 or so fast 4 strokes and only 3 bikes :lol:

Good times :assblast:

Night drags kicked a$$!! Great weather,great racing.My Raptor ran great.It was a hell of a good time.The turnout was impressive.I was really surprised to see all the people that showed up.Hopefully August is as good.Its going to be tough topping this one. Whoever brought the lights.Thank you very much.AWESOME!! Pete thanks for the beer and kickass hotdogs.Always lots of laughs.Most not appropriate for the net,LMAO!!

Edited by Sand_700R

Hopefully the saying is true. Things get better with time. I will be out for the August night drags :foshizz: And the next one will be good also. :beercheers: Glad to hear you all had a blast and the weather made it possible to Dune in June. :censored: August will be another story. :beercheers:

I took some pics. Gimme a few minutes to get them uploaded.

I had a great time. I'm glad I decided to go out. We rolled in about 6:30 on Saturday and it was about 99 degrees. It was a little warm, but pretty windyso it helped cool things down quite a bit. I thought the wind was gonna make things miserable, but it died down a bit and remained a steady breeze all night. It wasn't too bad at all. I coudn't believe how nice it was for June!

We were able to squeeze in 2 dune rides before it got dark. Those dunes were awesome! It was just how malbu & sandchick described from the weekend before...no lines, lots of razors, and smooth smooth smooth. MAN it felt great to shred our usual lines in fresh sand. I didn't wanna stop.

Then after it got dark we headed back to camp for a couple beverages and to grill up some grub. We watched the techo/ lazor light show in camp. :blink::lol: We hung out for a little bit and had some good times and good laughes, but then over to the hill we went. I was impressed with how many duners showed up, especially VERY fast bikes! Those drag Banshees were fun to watch blast up the hill. I'm pretty sure I spotted mex450's new bike hitting the hill. That thing looked like it ran great, Eric. :beercheers:

Later in the night we attempted a night ride. :beercheers: I led and was gonna go to the south pole kinda thru the south end of the dunes like behind comp. Holy crap. That didn't last long. :pics: The wind was blowing pretty good which made the sand impossible to read. It had that mist/ haze of sand blowing just barley above the surface so you couldn't even tell how fast you were going. lol Not only that...the dunes & razors on that side were so steep, it wasn't a very safe move to head that way at night. I decided screw this were gonna take the easy way. So back to comp we headed and followed the base of the dunes all the way there going the other way. Once we got out there, it was SO dark when we shut our lights off. It was really nice to kick back in the sand and look up. The sky was filled with stars. You could see the "glow of Baker" :laughoff: and the glow of Banshee hill too. :censored:

:blah:

We ended up staying up till around 2:30 but still wanted to get some duning in Sun morning. Again, the dunes couldn't have been smoother. They were pretty easy to read going towards the n pole, but going the other way it was a bit washed out. I didn't get any pics of us duing because I never wanted to lift and stop. It felt great to get a sand fix especially in such nice weather in the middle of summer! We stayed all the way till noon and it was only 89 degrees with a nice breeze. It was nice enough the stay all day, but we needed to get back.

Over all it was a killer trip: great peeps, no mishaps, nothing broke, nice weather, had a grin the whole time. Looking forward to the August trip that much more now! :booty:

ok I'm done :blah: ..pics are coming soon :flipoff:

I took some pics. Gimme a few minutes to get them uploaded.

I had a great time. I'm glad I decided to go out. We rolled in about 6:30 on Saturday and it was about 99 degrees. It was a little warm, but pretty windyso it helped cool things down quite a bit. I thought the wind was gonna make things miserable, but it died down a bit and remained a steady breeze all night. It wasn't too bad at all. I coudn't believe how nice it was for June!

We were able to squeeze in 2 dune rides before it got dark. Those dunes were awesome! It was just how malbu & sandchick described from the weekend before...no lines, lots of razors, and smooth smooth smooth. MAN it felt great to shred our usual lines in fresh sand. I didn't wanna stop.

Then after it got dark we headed back to camp for a couple beverages and to grill up some grub. We watched the techo/ lazor light show in camp. :blink::lol: We hung out for a little bit and had some good times and good laughes, but then over to the hill we went. I was impressed with how many duners showed up, especially VERY fast bikes! Those drag Banshees were fun to watch blast up the hill. I'm pretty sure I spotted mex450's new bike hitting the hill. That thing looked like it ran great, Eric. :beercheers:

Later in the night we attempted a night ride. :beercheers: I led and was gonna go to the south pole kinda thru the south end of the dunes like behind comp. Holy crap. That didn't last long. :pics: The wind was blowing pretty good which made the sand impossible to read. It had that mist/ haze of sand blowing just barley above the surface so you couldn't even tell how fast you were going. lol Not only that...the dunes & razors on that side were so steep, it wasn't a very safe move to head that way at night. I decided screw this were gonna take the easy way. So back to comp we headed and followed the base of the dunes all the way there going the other way. Once we got out there, it was SO dark when we shut our lights off. It was really nice to kick back in the sand and look up. The sky was filled with stars. You could see the "glow of Baker" :laughoff: and the glow of Banshee hill too. :censored:

:blah:

We ended up staying up till around 2:30 but still wanted to get some duning in Sun morning. Again, the dunes couldn't have been smoother. They were pretty easy to read going towards the n pole, but going the other way it was a bit washed out. I didn't get any pics of us duing because I never wanted to lift and stop. It felt great to get a sand fix especially in such nice weather in the middle of summer! We stayed all the way till noon and it was only 89 degrees with a nice breeze. It was nice enough the stay all day, but we needed to get back.

Over all it was a killer trip: great peeps, no mishaps, nothing broke, nice weather, had a grin the whole time. Looking forward to the August trip that much more now! :booty:

ok I'm done :blah: ..pics are coming soon :flipoff:

SOOO... comon Pete were are the picS!!!!

:beercheers: if memory serves me right wernt there a couple of people standing under the light taking pics all night and on top of that i saw a couple of video cams running so there should be some video as well :beercheers: Edited by sndruner213

thanks for the invite and hospitality pete. :beercheers:

what a great night i think we were about the only group that was duning. there were no tracks and no people away from comp and banshee hills. as usual pete picked some great lines and the virgin sand was so smooth. south pole at 1am rocked no moon lots of stars and :?: is that the glow from Baker?? a big HID makes night riding fun! :beercheers:

just after we rolled in...

IMG_8923.JPG

IMG_8924.JPG

IMG_8939.JPG

IMG_8934.JPG

IMG_8941.JPG

IMG_8943_crop.jpg

IMG_8937.JPG

yamakiller's new rail

IMG_8931_crop.jpg

IMG_8928.JPG

IMG_8932.JPG

stopping after one of our first rides...

(these turned out very dark and like crap so I had to lighten them up)

IMG_8953.JPG

IMG_8954.JPG

IMG_8957.JPG

sitting there as the sun went down taking it all in. ahhhh :beercheers:

IMG_8967_crop.jpg

what a great view to wake up to on a Sunday morning.....

IMG_9046.JPG

IMG_9048.JPG

this was left behind by some pieces of crap. We hauled it all home for them. :beercheers:

IMG_9047.JPG

chillen at the :beercheers:

IMG_9050.JPG

the big pole is still there :censored:

IMG_9051.JPG

IMG_9054.JPG

Banshee Hill still had some people this morning about 10:30...

IMG_9055.JPG

IMG_9056.JPG

IMG_9068_crop.jpg

IMG_9072_crop.jpg

IMG_9073.JPG

Chadwick99...

normal_IMG_9096.JPG