LONGASS DRIVE FOR NOTHING

OGP

Well the story goes something like this. I sell my boat last week and start searching for a replacement boat. Ihit some websites,river related forums and there I find it, On a dune related website Not to mention any names but it has to do with the IMPERIAL sand dunes A badass looking boat in what appears to be bitchin condition. I email the guy and ask a few questions etc. He emails me back with yeah its like new. Almost perfect condition, the only thing the boat needs is an oil change. We talk a few times on the phone and send close to 100 text messages. I ask just about every question you could imagine. Always the answer is the boat is great taken very good care of it runs great no damage except a little ding in the rear etc. He sends me a few more pics that I ask for and we agree on a price. He lives in phoenix area so we agree to meet in quartzsite. A 3 hour drive from me. This morning I get up at the but crack of dawn and hit the road, yeah I was a bit excited about the boat. About a half hour into my drive I send him another text, Just want to make sure that everything with the boat is good, I can put it in the water today and my family can spend a week at the river with it. The answer yes its turn key ready to go. the only thing is it needs an oil change.

Well I arrive in quartzsite a few mins early. Hes 5 mins behind no big deal. He pulls into the parking lot with boat in tow. From a distance it looks ok. 5 feet away I see all kinds of stuff wrong. Upholstery damage, hull damage etc. I ask to open the engine compartment. He does. The motor is filthy, not like the pictures, there is oil in the bottom of the bilge plug wires a different color etc. I go to get a rag out of my truck and he closes the engine compartment. Umm Id like to look back in there some more. THEN I PULL THE DIPSTICK..... MILKY WHITE OIL AND VERY VERY THICK. Umm theres water in the oil, Oh I didnt know that, Ummm why is there oil in the bilge? the crankcase breather seal needs to be replaced. Sounds like at a very minimum blown head gasket to me. I jump out of the boat and inspect the hull. Ummm when did the hull get damaged and fixed? Must have been before I got it. Several chips gouges and a halfass repair to major damage to the hull. I move a seat cushion and another part of the interior falls over. Ok dude Im done. No thanks Ill pass. What If i knock off $1000 dollars for you. Umm no thanks. The extra gas to tow the boat home is worth more than the boat itself. WTF......... 6 hours of my life wasted!!!!! Buyers beware. If you see this boat advertised...... JUST SAY NO!!!!!!! Then I get home and look at the pictures some more. The date on the pictures are 3 years old!!!!!

post-225-1248812661_thumb.jpg

post-225-1248812782_thumb.jpg

post-225-1248812815_thumb.jpg

:?: f*ck that i would have been pissed to all hell in fact i would have made him pay me to take the damn thing just for driving down there for a peice of crap sorry you had to go through that :dunno: hope you find the boat your looking for

sorry to hear that tim did you call him any names?

THE BOAT IS A REAL LOOKER..THE PURPLE AND WHITE INTERIOR REALLY MAKE IT LOOK GOOD IN THE WATER.. THE HULL IS SET UP OLD SCHOOL WITH WOOD STRINGERS AND A DEEPER "V" SO IT HANDLES THE ROUGH WATER REALLY WELL..BETTER THAN AVERAGE JET.. ITS A STOCK 454 WITH A MILD CAM... THRU-HULL EXAUST RIGHT ABOVE THE WATER LINE..WHEN IT ROLL INTO THE COVE IT LOOKS LIKE A SLEEPER..THEN YOU REV UP..SOUNDS GOOD.. DONINATOR PUMP WITH A DROOP SNOOP TO PLAIN OUT FASTER.. HYDRALIC JET-A-VATOR..PUTS UP A LONG ROOST.. I ADDED A MSD COIL, CAP, ROTOR AND WIRES WITH NEW PLUGS..CARB WAS REBUILT THIS WINTER..ALSO HAS A FULL STEREO SYSTEM SUBS..AMPS AND SPEAKERS

:dunno::old: what boat was he talkin about??? :usa:

Edited by richard cheese

Now you know how wash11 felt. :usa::dope: just kidding! :dunno:

That sucks Tim. Look at it as a positive experience though. You didn't end up with a big problem boat. You looked it over good and because of it passed on the "deal" and don't have the headache now. :old:

Knowing you, another good deal will come along. ;)

had a guy from craisgslist do the same thing here in vegas on a 99 formula it was a looker in great shape.. it was a piece of crap with 3 years of bird droppings all over it and stained the gel lol.

whay happened to the auction deal you couldnt find one there ???

Yes Im still doing the auction deal. If the boat were as described and the price we had agreed upon it was a smoking deal auction or no auction. Well it is a POS. :poop: Look on glamis dunes now, the price has come down from $13,500 to $9500 as soon as he got home from our meeting. And realistically its a $5500 boat as it sits. :laughoff:

:blah: funny thing is, me not knpwing much about boats those pics look real good, would have fooled my asss!! SOrry that sucks!! :blah::MBdance:

Yeah the pics do look great, but just like he said they were taken 3 years ago. :laughoff:

did the boat look anything like the pictures you put up? sorry to hear the boat ended up to be sh*t after wasting your time.

he actually said how different it was from those pics. ;)

no sh*t i saw that. could have been a different looking boat. or could have been pics of when the fugger was brand spankin new. i dont care just asked a simple question. over it!

Edited by fctryblack84

no sh*t i saw that. could have been a different looking boat. or could have been pics of when the fugger was brand spankin new. i dont care just asked a simple question. over it!

wow, having a bad day Jon? jeezuz

I thought he was pretty clear what it looked like. I wasn't being a d*ck about it. Maybe just re-read his post. :laughoff:

did the boat look anything like the pictures you put up? sorry to hear the boat ended up to be sh*t after wasting your time.

the boat had 3 yrs of wear and tear and obviously hadnt been taken care of. The pics were from the owner before him. taht owner took care of the boat. I looked at the pictures closer and noticed the cars in the backround have california plates. This guy is from arizona. Old pics of a bitchin well taken care of boat. Reality POS Boat 3 yrs after pics were taken.

Now you know how wash11 felt. :DDRrocks::laughoff: just kidding! :booty:

That sucks Tim. Look at it as a positive experience though. You didn't end up with a big problem boat. You looked it over good and because of it passed on the "deal" and don't have the headache now. :DDRrocks:

Knowing you, another good deal will come along. ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing on my drive home. I guess Karma struck me. :thumb: MUTHA BITCHEZZZ!!!!!