Good deal on 6 volt battery's

wingnut

Just curious....whats the benefit of running a 6volt system as apposed to a 12volt system in your hauler?

1st off its still a 12v system. You are wiring up 2 ..6v to make 12v total. They last way longer and if you run a converter you can run longer without charging as much

Good deal..

Capt

Just an FYI for anyone converting to two 6 volt batteries for the first time. :laughing:

Be sure to hook two 6 volts up in 'series' to get a 12 volt output.

If you are running two 12 volt batteries hook them up 'parallel' to get a 12 volt output.

Here's some examples:

Two 6 volts parallel = 6 volt output

Two 6 volts in series = 12 volt output

Two 12 volts parallel = 12 volt output

Two 12 volts in series = 24 volt output

If you are not sure and can't figure it out with a volt meter,

then ask someone who knows so you don't stress your coach.

R-

:lol:

Thought I would pass it on. If anyone wants to convert to 6 volt battery's or get new ones, Sams club has them for $71.00 a piece. I picked up a couple this morning. :lol:

How many are you running? I have put together a plan for an inverter installation and am trying to calculate how many 6 volts Im gonna need.

How many are you running? I have put together a plan for an inverter installation and am trying to calculate how many 6 volts Im gonna need.

if you have the room...roll with 4 of them...you get some good amp/hours with four fully charged. I have 2 with no inverter, and if it werent for the need to run the microwave, and my son and his freekin cartoon addiction, we wouldnt have to run the generator for a 2-3 day trip

if you have the room...roll with 4 of them...you get some good amp/hours with four fully charged. I have 2 with no inverter, and if it werent for the need to run the microwave, and my son and his freekin cartoon addiction, we wouldnt have to run the generator for a 2-3 day trip

cheese

go get a cheap $75 cigarette plug in inverter for the TV... that is what we did when we had a TH.. saved allot of Gen hours!!!

and what he ^^^^^ said.. if you got room for 4... go with that... with batteries and inverters, its, the bigger and the more the better!! but with 4 you could watch TV about 6 hours or so no problem and only run the generator at night to charge before you go to bed just in case....... so you don't run out of juice from the heater(s)

Edited by White Rhino

Just an FYI for anyone converting to two 6 volt batteries for the first time. :thumb:

Be sure to hook two 6 volts up in 'series' to get a 12 volt output.

If you are running two 12 volt batteries hook them up 'parallel' to get a 12 volt output.

Here's some examples:

Two 6 volts parallel = 6 volt output

Two 6 volts in series = 12 volt output

Two 12 volts parallel = 12 volt output

Two 12 volts in series = 24 volt output

If you are not sure and can't figure it out with a volt meter,

then ask someone who knows so you don't stress your coach.

R-

:lol:

Can you draw me a picture?

j/k

ha ha

:thumb:

Thought I would pass it on. If anyone wants to convert to 6 volt battery's or get new ones, Sams club has them for $71.00 a piece. I picked up a couple this morning. :thumb:

Nice find. I need new batteries. Wish I would have never switched to 12v's! Time to go back to 6v.

• 2 weeks later...

They are the same you buy at COSTCO too.

Made by Johnston Controls.

About half the price of Trojan 150's.

The trick is not to let them go dead.

We run them in the golf cart.

Trojans 150's will get you 36 holes of golf and re-charge faster, the Sams/COSTCO are good for about 30 holes.

Remember keep the charge topped off.

I don't think any of the Costcos do anymore..... Gotta go to Sams

I had to go to costco in bakersfield for 6 volt. vegas has never had them in costco. cal has carried them in the past. got some more 6volt at sams club, I had to join for $35, but still cheaper than anything else.