Infamous 6.0 F250

Jakster884

I have my Ford 6.0 in the shop and they are telling me due to the fact the gas tank is low and if I was to run the tank out of gas and the injectors were damaged it is my fault and will not be covered under warranty.

Has anyone experienced this. I know there are plenty of stories with this motor but can running low on gas void warranty. Never heard of such BS. The tank was low not empty...

Any info would be appreciated.

Oh yeah I know buy a different truck....

I have my Ford 6.0 in the shop and they are telling me due to the fact the gas tank is low and if I was to run the tank out of gas and the injectors were damaged it is my fault and will not be covered under warranty.

Has anyone experienced this. I know there are plenty of stories with this motor but can running low on gas void warranty. Never heard of such BS. The tank was low not empty...

Any info would be appreciated.

Oh yeah I know buy a different truck....

I sure hope you aren't running GAS in your DIESEL truck. LOL :stir:

But anyway yeah, sounds like BS. If that where the case all of us would be in trouble. I don't fuel up usually til my light comes on.

I sure hope you aren't running GAS in your DIESEL truck. LOL :stir:

But anyway yeah, sounds like BS. If that where the case all of us would be in trouble. I don't fuel up usually til my light comes on.

Diesel I should say never put unleaded. or super. :thumb:

I usually fill it up everytime it gets low and or the light comes on.I have never had a problem. I know there was plenty of gas still in the tank at least 3-5 gallons. Sounds like BS to me and I will definitely fight it.

Still fighting the dealer. I would think the dealer would want to push out some warranty work considering sales are not very good. They are checking to see the direct cause. I had them pull the tank and drain it to see how many gallons were left. This was my cost but I figured it would cover me in the warranty case. It had 4.5 gallons seems to be enough.

If you want to go somewhere else besides the dealer give me a ring..I have a friend who works with my wife at United truck centers in Sylmar, they are diesel a mechanic shop...Take it there or he can do it on his free time and give you a second opinion...

He knows his sh*t..

• 2 weeks later...

Still fighting the dealer. I would think the dealer would want to push out some warranty work considering sales are not very good. They are checking to see the direct cause. I had them pull the tank and drain it to see how many gallons were left. This was my cost but I figured it would cover me in the warranty case. It had 4.5 gallons seems to be enough.

I have a friend that use to work as a mechanic at a Dodge dealership. He says some dealers will try to avoid doing 'Warranty Work" because it does not pay as much to the dealer as regular work. The warranty work would pay a much lower book time than doing the same repair at a higher book time.

I would be willing to bet you that if your truck was out of warranty they would of had it done ASAP ....

Then again it could be a lot worse.. You could be at a Chevy dealership!!! :headbang1:

Is amazing how the same dealer that sells you the truck can brush off fixing it!!

Good Luck..

Edited by Dune Family

I have a friend that use to work as a mechanic at a Dodge dealership. He says some dealers will try to avoid doing 'Warranty Work" because it does not pay as much to the dealer as regular work. The warranty work would pay a much lower book time than doing the same repair at a higher book time.

I would be willing to bet you that if your truck was out of warranty they would of had it done ASAP ....

Then again it could be a lot worse.. You could be at a Chevy dealership!!! :headbang1:

Is amazing how the same dealer that sells you the truck can brush off fixing it!!

Good Luck..

:?: You & your friend has a strange idea of how most dealers work. Dealers will take warranty work over no work at all any day. Maybe he works at one of those dealers that haven't survived the recession. That would make sense then. Maybe I'm wrong and most dealers really are like that. Not the one I work at though.

Not sure what you meant by it could be worse..."You could be at a Chevy dealership". The Chevy dealer I work at warranties and goodwills jobs whenever we can to keep customers happy and business flowing.

well I can say the dealer has done the right thing. After I had them drop the tank and find there was still 4+ gallons of gas and this is sufficient to keep the truck running they have replaced all eight injectors. Three went bad and the rest were not working per specs. This was a $4000.00 job I was not going to pay for. They also replace both batteries because they were going bad from all the cranking I did before I took it in. The dealer was willing to work with me and I am very happy with there support. They told me FORD does not like to warranty motor issues for the 6.0 POS. I noticed but have came out ahead. They were going to charge me to drop the tank and check Fuel level but in the end I only payed $42.00 for the total job to be completed.

I definitely will never chip this motor unless I am not willinhg to replace it myself... :ban-split:

Also never bring your truck on empty. If it is totaly empty and you run out and injectors go bad this is the owners responsibilty. This is what I have learned and even if I do run out it will go into the dealer with a full tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang1:

Thats great the Dealer made it right!! :beer_bang:

As for your dealership DuneFreak.. Im sure you work for one of the few good dealers.. Im not a mechanic... I just know that most dealerships ar B.S!!

I have owned a few chevy cars and 4x4s. Every time I had the chevy dealers do some kind of warr work to them it was a problem. I even had the chevy dealer dent in my door and say it was like that when they got it.. Most of the dealers in San Bernardino, Redlands and Riverside are crooks..

Edited by Dune Family

glad that you got your issue fixed, and at very little cost to you, but a lesson was learned here.... its just as easy to fill up at 1/4 of a tank as it is to "when the light comes on" 6.ohs are notorious for having priming issues too, you do not want to be in that boat either... my .02

Smokincopy.jpg

Edited by Vegas250rr