superbowl weekend 2010 trip report

Richard Cheese

What a crazy trip.

:freakin_nuts:

If I had to use one word to summarize this trip, it would be

RAIN

Anyway...I left solo on Wed the 3rd. The wife and kids were rolling over Thursday night.

my truck working up the Tehachapi grade on the 58

IMG00399.jpg

after 6 freekin hours of driving..boy you Vegas people have it waaaaay too easy :flipoff:

DSCN1076.jpg

the road wasn't bad at all. Id give it a B+ for the entire time I was there

DSCN1078.jpg

RSCN1135.jpg

The river wasn't running too much when i got there

DSCN1080.jpg

I finally got camp set up. Bruiser was with me too

DSCN1087.jpg

DSCN1088.jpg

Wednesday afternoon and evening was rockin...great weather with no one around!

DSCN1082.jpg

DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1085.jpg

some pics from Thursday

DSCN1089.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

DSCN1092.jpg

These guys were doing some type of video shoot

DSCN1094.jpg

DSCN1101.jpg

the Cheesebomb with the new plastics

DSCN1095.jpg

DSCN1096.jpg

Thursday night, the rest of the cheese deli section rolls into D. Because the freekin tracfone I bought didnt work, I had to roll out to the entrance from the 127, and hang out for about an hour.

toyhauler explosion :blink:

DSCN1103.jpg

Addison and her first time @ Dumont

DSCN1104.jpg

I was really impressed with string's bike, and his riding skills. He flat tore it up this time out

DSCN1108.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1110.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

here he is climbing Banshee hill on his 90

IMG00415.jpg

IMG00416.jpg

IMG00417.jpg

IMG00418.jpg

a Video of him making it halfway up Comp...you can hear the people yelling :shout: GO GO GO :laughing:

th_VID00059.jpg

i can say that I did find a new dune-friendly camp food....Pancakes in a can

DSCN1105.jpg

have any of you tried this stuff? its pretty good right out of the can...and organic, for those of you who care about that crap :blink:

Saturday Morning, some crazy stray dude showed up at my camp

DSCN1116.jpg

It was raining to beat all hell too

th_DSCN1119.jpg

Poor Chadwick showed up at 8 am...and we waited in the hauler until about 11, with no clearing and raining constantly.

He rolled out....and about an hour later, it quit raining. :lol: We were able to get in a couple more good rides, until it was just too beat up out there to enjoy riding anymore.

the entrance road on the mesa was flooded

DSCN1142.jpg

on the way out Sunday morning, the river was flowing pretty good

DSCN1143.jpg

DSCN1144.jpg

DSCN1144.jpg

the road out was littered with water holes everywhere

DSCN1147.jpg

on the way home..DDR Corporate van was spotted @ Bob's big Girl in Baker

DSCN1148.jpg

and I saw a CHP dodge cruiser for the first time in Barstow

IMG00419.jpg

here is the link for all the pics i took

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/di...weekend%202010/

Edited by Richard Cheese

sorry i couldn't meet you this weekend cheesey, but we will try for next time. getting married valentines day and adding 3 more kids to the family so definitely lookin for a kid friendly camp. right now i'm just too busy to get away :freakin_nuts:

Hey cheese it was nice to meet you on Thursday afternoon. It was our first time at dd. Thanks for showing us newbies around. I'll be there this weekend. Will be close to bathroom# 10 if anyone wants to stop by. :freakin_nuts:

Looks like yall had a killer time. Was there other peeps that came out or was it only the Cheese family.

it was just us..chadwick showed up Saturday, but the rest of my group had various issues, and couldnt make it

I enjoyed the time with the family none the less. String is doing awesome on his quad, and seeing him progress was worth the trip alone. He's only 7

RSCN1131.jpg

Great shot, Eric. How was it out there. Did you boys go tear it up? :think:

Great time Thanks, left it nice and smooth for presidents day weekend :ninja: Gonna be rough out there for a while :unsure:

ps edited to add, for those upset about the rough conditions nextweekend one of the little ones in our camp has something to say....

post-571-1265684801_thumb.jpg

Edited by raspadoo

hey cheese sorry we didint make it out the either......in the process of buying a home and finally got word that we should be closing by the end of the week.....we've got a 10 daughter that rides a 90 as well. oh and i was schooled about the pancake in a can a few months back.....though the dude was frigging crazy, but i soon learned that camping and pancakes are just another step up. glad you had a great trip!

Sorry we couldn't make it brudda, looks like you and the fam had a good time. luvin the porta crib in the toyhauler----never done that one before!!

Got a good deal on a 50 for Addison............ :beercheers:

How 'bout cleanup weekend??

Sorry we couldn't make it brudda, looks like you and the fam had a good time. luvin the porta crib in the toyhauler----never done that one before!!

Got a good deal on a 50 for Addison............ :beercheers:

How 'bout cleanup weekend??

i think that will be my last trip to D for the season unfortunately.. :(