Inyo PO POs in Tecopa Monday handing out tickets

Eliminator

I dont have anything to say on this except I got some text that members were complaining about being deleted on www.dumontdunes.com on ddr... I checked and you were never banned from the site. You actually logged in the site last at 10:43 am March 5th. A little over an hour after you posted this. FYI

http://www.dumontdunes.com/index.php?showuser=126

Just trying to clear up any confusion on that.

Also I cannot speak on behalf for anyone else but I deleted the topic you posted bob. 50cal wasnt even aware of the post until I imformed him of it. I delete alot of stuff on the site. Nothing personal against you. Im an admin and thats what I do delete.

Thanks,

Jamie

www.dumontdunes.com

What in the world would be the reason to delete the topic? anyone? Bueller? :beercheers:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have anything to say on this except I got some text that members were complaining about being deleted on www.dumontdunes.com on ddr... I checked and you were never banned from the site. You actually logged in the site last at 10:43 am March 5th. A little over an hour after you posted this. FYI

http://www.dumontdunes.com/index.php?showuser=126

Just trying to clear up any confusion on that.

Also I cannot speak on behalf for anyone else but I deleted the topic you posted bob. 50cal wasnt even aware of the post until I imformed him of it. I delete alot of stuff on the site. Nothing personal against you. Im an admin and thats what I do delete.

Thanks,

Jamie

www.dumontdunes.com

very well written response thank you, however ....................

you took my post down i was preturbed but noy angry what made me angry was the fact that i was booted while talking in the shout box. what is the reasoning behind that ??????

i do see that i am not banned. sorry ritch i was incorrect, however, pink you and your brother need to be more clear to users on your sight, there was no call to boot me what so ever .

All I can say is WOW, good thing I have Charlie for entertainment. I don't know if he likes enchiladas, Chimmy Chongas he really likes, Skyz, Che Che?

Hey Jill, just go down to ur local roach coach, chuck wagon and there all ready made and hot, but watch out!!!! :old::cry::assblast::assblast::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

oops sorry :surrender: :dunno:

Apparently the lady that pretty much owns all of Shoshone is the daughter of some Ca. political biggie and has lots of control in Inyo county. I would be willing to bet she is behind this as she is very sierra clubish and is a part of the Armagossa river conservatory

She also has a business in Pahrump, relatives in Tecopa, Baker and all over the entire area and then some. You can't get to Dumont without passing somebody she's related to or does business with. So if you are dumping your trash or your tanks...She's gonna hear about it.

I may differ with her politics but dumping your trash or your tanks in my world would p**s me off too and I'd make sure you knew about it.

Eli

All I can say is WOW, good thing I have Charlie for entertainment. I don't know if he likes enchiladas, Chimmy Chongas he really likes, Skyz, Che Che?

Whoops double post my bad. Might as well add some more.

I'd pissed me off too after years of watching people dump their crap all over my town.

If your not braking the law then you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by desertskyz

Whoops double post my bad. Might as well add some more.

I'd pissed me off too after years of watching people dump their crap all over my town.

If your not braking the law then you have nothing to worry about.

it doesn't get more clear than that....

• 4 weeks later...

Well it looks like less and less people have been going through Tecopa.

I just received this e-mail from the manager of the Tecopa hot springs...

Hello, I'm Stephen Dennis the manager at Tecopa Hot Springs Campgrounds and Pools.  We have a Dump Station that many of your visitors use when they leave your Dunes. I understand that somebody has told that you couldn't drive on the roads in Tecopa.  Well you can all the roads are public and as long there are no law breaking it is OK.  We are located at 400 Tecopa Hot Springs Road.  We welcome your visit.  I have found that most of the duners are very friendly people and we enjoy the there since of humor.  We want you to come it's good for us and it's pretty simple for you guys.  We only charge $10.00 per dump.  So come and see us and Enjoy Your Dump!

Thanks,

Stephen Dennis

My reply...

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the e-mail! I think everyone understands that we are allowed to use the roads through Tecopa. It's just that the recent sting operation after President's Day weekend has left some duners quite leery of driving through Tecopa anymore. The Inyo county Sheriffs Dept flat out HARRASSED duners for ridiculous reasons. They wrote tickets such as open container tickers for beer cans that were inside closed trash bags in the beds of their trucks. Many duners (and friends of mine) received tickets for not having proper endorsements for towing when NV has different guidelines when it comes to that. And the list goes on. I understand that the sting operation was to target illegal dumping and I am all about catching those scumbags who dump their tanks in our precious desert. But the way they treated and harassed the duners was uncalled for and that is the reason why most duners will probably start going through Pahrump instead.

I have used your facilities many times and am very pleased with the convenience, but I don't know if it is worth it.

Thanks again Stephen,

Pete Greep

Dumont Dune Riders

Well it looks like less and less people have been going through Tecopa.

I just received this e-mail from the manager of the Tecopa hot springs...

My reply...

I still roll through there and have had no problems at all. The dump site at the hot springs is clean and easy to access and you can flush your tanks with hot water. ( gets them really clean ) hard to find that any place else. Common sense notes that hot water cleans better than cold. Besides I think at this point CHP has blown there wad in Tacopa, Im thinkin its probably not very cheep to set up half of their troops in that podunk little town. Probably more than they raised in fines ( no disrespect to those that got nailed there)

just my :ban-split:

Stephen's reply this morning,

Pete thanks for the reply. I will work on this end to control the coppers I went to school with the County Sheriff and a couple of the deputies. I will let you know what they are telling me. Open containers in trash bags is totally uncalled for.

Stephen

Hello, I'm Stephen Dennis the manager at Tecopa Hot Springs Campgrounds and Pools. We have a Dump Station that many of your visitors use when they leave your Dunes. I understand that somebody has told that you couldn't drive on the roads in Tecopa. Well you can all the roads are public and as long there are no law breaking it is OK. We are located at 400 Tecopa Hot Springs Road. We welcome your visit. I have found that most of the duners are very friendly people and we enjoy the there since of humor. We want you to come it's good for us and it's pretty simple for you guys. We only charge $10.00 per dump. So come and see us and Enjoy Your Dump![/b]

Thanks,

Stephen Dennis

:poop: :laughing::laughing:

I thought the place was closed to dumping. Nice to know that it is open.

It was because my GVRW of my trailer is over 10,000 pounds. It's rated at 13,000 pounds.

You only need a class a (or can get one) if your gcvw (truck and trailer) is over 26000.

Over 10000 on the trailer is a J endorsment isnt it? You would need a class a if your truck is 13000gvw or more. Is it?