what's everyone been up to?

dunefreak

Jodi - if you can believe this, my favorite musical is CATS! LOL!!! I saw it when I was 16 in LA - loved it! :P

My mom sold her house FINALLY! :laughing: We are going down there this weekend to help her move some of her antiques and probably some other items. It'll be nice to have her near us. She'll be staying with us until she finds a house.

We were going to go to Dumont for Easter, but spent time doing stuff around the house and went to Armagosa for a day trip instead. I love riding my quad there!

Mark's cousin came out from Wisconsin. Spent time with his family this week.

Also, just trying to stay healthy... and happy. We've been hanging out a lot lately at home, too.

:laughing:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... I forgot to mention that we are walking in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on Satruday May 1st, if anyone wants to join us. The walk is on Fremont Street. We started a team Lucky Starz.

:laughing::laughing::dunno:

Jodi - if you can believe this, my favorite musical is CATS! LOL!!! I saw it when I was 16 in LA - loved it! :P

This will be my fourth time seeing it! Its my fav as well! So are you going to go? My tix are for the 2:00 Sat matinee!

my life has been MUCH better since i met spell chick....got married valentines day and finally getting some dune trips in. hope to get to coral pink this summer and going to jellystone for a honeymoon.......BTW andydew.....next time tell her to hold those birth-control pills between the knees....oops, almost forgot the reason for this post....work is going ...ok....still payin' the bills.

Edited by randyvw

Ive been going to shaver for 39 years. Never heard of the draining rumor. Lost plenty of propes on logs and rocks myself, rather see it full, I can get the props tuned if I need too. :laughoff:

Ive been going to shaver for 39 years. Never heard of the draining rumor. Lost plenty of propes on logs and rocks myself, rather see it full, I can get the props tuned if I need too. :laughoff:

Just temporarily for Dam repairs, beginning late 2010 or early 2011. I'd ask this summer when you're there.

the second addition to our family has cut into much of the spare time I have had in the past. It's great though to see my daughter going through the same stages that string did almost 8 yrs ago. She is just on the verge of walking, with standing up by herself with nothing to stabilize her.

Sting and I will be taking a trip to Oceano here in May with Reddog and his kids...a quick one albeit, but it's sand nonetheless

I have to have my other foot cut on in June...Ive got what is called Hallux Limitus, and it is pretty painful. I am so close to the end of the school year, that I didn't want to just quit right now...so the day that school is out is the day that I have chosen to have the surgery.....

String is also involved in 2 sports right now...basketball and soccer. It seems that after work, it's rush rush rush until it's finally bedtime

My schools annual car show is this weekend, We have Impala magazine coming to cover it, and I have >130 lbs of Carne Asada to cook today in preparation to sell tacos out of the hauler tomorrow. We are expecting 1000 people :laughoff:

I miss the Dumont sand very much, and wish i could get away for a quick fix, but with family....it's like a 6 hour drive, and very taxing at times........

Also, it's definitely time for a new hauler.....soon

I know it has been very qute for a while now...

Anywho i have just purchased a new home and am super stoked. I have been ripping out carpet, baseboards, tack boards etc. Painting and am now in the final stages of laying tile. I will make a post with all the progress photos.

And jodi i could park 100 RV's i got a 1.21 acre lol. Im thinking a 70 track? haha

Oh... I forgot to mention that we are walking in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure on Satruday May 1st, if anyone wants to join us. The walk is on Fremont Street. We started a team Lucky Starz.

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

I really wanted to participate in this, unfortunately working. Great cause!

I havent been up to much. Schedule changed at work again, so my days off are when everyone else is working. Have done a little yard work to get ready for bbq season and parties at my house! Wooo hooo. Just sticking close to home with the economy the way it is. Hoping to get some lake time in this summer and possibly down to lake mohave. Doesnt look like ill make it to havasu again this season. Also hoping to get up to coral for labor day weekend!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

well we have been busy with our 2 boys, running the company blah blah blah

Went to Arm-a dust-hole last weekend, and it was actually quit fun. Its amazing how different the sand is there?! lots of sliding around corners. Its not very big, but I had some CRAZY runs and the car performed amazing.

Had a few peeps over for Easter egg hunting, and a few Cervasa's.

I finally got around to rebuilding the BBQ grill, that thing was driving me crazy had 5 burners and could only use the top 2 inches of it. It was so full of rust, but nothing the Dremel couldn't handle :ban-split

Getting ready to go to San Diego next month for our annual Sea World and Campland week....

hope to MAYBE get one more trip to D before the season ends, but not looking good. :(

oh and as Pete said. "I arranged my sock drawer" (not really) :P

As the season has been winding down I have been focusing on the true love of my life.....playing the guitar. For over 10 years I have been playing the guitar and as of lately my new mistress (Raptor 700) has been working it's way into my daily activities. That's ok though because I sure do love to ride! :D I have committed that I would get serious again about playing and continue studying the endless amounts of music that I can get my hands on. I got more guitar gear than I know what to do with and it's time to put it to good use.

Other than that I have to leave for New Mexico in a couple of weeks for work and probably won't be returning possibly until the end of Summer. Just in time to hit the dunes again I guess.

As the season has been winding down I have been focusing on the true love of my life.....playing the guitar. For over 10 years I have been playing the guitar and as of lately my new mistress (Raptor 700) has been working it's way into my daily activities. That's ok though because I sure do love to ride! :D I have committed that I would get serious again about playing and continue studying the endless amounts of music that I can get my hands on. I got more guitar gear than I know what to do with and it's time to put it to good use.

Other than that I have to leave for New Mexico in a couple of weeks for work and probably won't be returning possibly until the end of Summer. Just in time to hit the dunes again I guess.

Chad to bad you won't be here on June 27th for a premier guitar player concert at the Saxbys Seven Hills store. www.johnbatdorfmusic.com

Chad to bad you won't be here on June 27th for a premier guitar player concert at the Saxbys Seven Hills store. www.johnbatdorfmusic.com

Terry how did you pull off John Batdorf playing at your shop!! That's way cool! Had a guitar teacher who is a big fan and I wonder if he knows about it. Thanks for the heads up I'm gonna have to call him.

This will be my fourth time seeing it! Its my fav as well! So are you going to go? My tix are for the 2:00 Sat matinee!

Sorry Jodi! I just saw this post. We had to move some stuff for my mom, so we went to AZ last weekend. How was Cats???

I really wanted to participate in this, unfortunately working. Great cause!

I havent been up to much. Schedule changed at work again, so my days off are when everyone else is working. Have done a little yard work to get ready for bbq season and parties at my house! Wooo hooo. Just sticking close to home with the economy the way it is. Hoping to get some lake time in this summer and possibly down to lake mohave. Doesnt look like ill make it to havasu again this season. Also hoping to get up to coral for labor day weekend!

That's too bad that you have to work. We did the walk last year and it was amazing. 15,000+ people. We have a lot of breast cancer in our family so it's a big deal to us!

I haven't been up to much except for having a freakin mild heart attack on the 6th. :?: :usa: They had to put 2 stints in as two arteries where 80 percent pinched. Never thought at 33 that could happen. Oh well life awakening for me and my family. Time to eat a little healthier from now on. :laughoff: Was in the hospital for 3 days and got to return to work the following Monday. :finger: At least it was at the end of Dumont season. I should be ready to go for Little Sahara on Memorial. Just have to take it easy I guess. :atv:

I haven't been up to much except for having a freakin mild heart attack on the 6th. :?: :usa: They had to put 2 stints in as two arteries where 80 percent pinched. Never thought at 33 that could happen. Oh well life awakening for me and my family. Time to eat a little healthier from now on. :laughoff: Was in the hospital for 3 days and got to return to work the following Monday. :finger: At least it was at the end of Dumont season. I should be ready to go for Little Sahara on Memorial. Just have to take it easy I guess. :atv:

:?: :?: WOW! I'm glad your ok man! Thats pretty serious stuff! Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Sounds like not much has been going on just may have slip out of life. Good to hear you are doing OK. I myself always have them thoughts of trying to keep my diet healthier than it is today. When I found out I am Diabetic 2yrs ago I completely changed MOST of my bad habits. The one thing I need now is more exercise.

I haven't been up to much except for having a freakin mild heart attack on the 6th. :?: :ahhhhh: They had to put 2 stints in as two arteries where 80 percent pinched. Never thought at 33 that could happen. Oh well life awakening for me and my family. Time to eat a little healthier from now on. :finger: Was in the hospital for 3 days and got to return to work the following Monday. :atv: At least it was at the end of Dumont season. I should be ready to go for Little Sahara on Memorial. Just have to take it easy I guess. :usa:

Crazy sh*t mang and so glad you are ok, JJ. I was gonna post up about your little hiccup letting everyone know you were ok but didn't know if you'd want it on the internet and all. ;)

Wish I could go on Memorial weekend but there will be many more trips. Better take it easy ol man! :laughoff:

Its not until June 12th pleanty of time to get tickets!

LOL! It was great to see you today at work. I forgot to download your rates and stuff on the computer. Anyway, I'll stop by again soon! :D

OMG! That's so scary! Hope you're feeling okay. Take care of yourself and don't do too much!!! :D