Aug 11th Night Drags recap

dunefreak

i dont know, Ken might have something to say about that Joe!! :P at least i could beat someone!!

I raced Ken and his buddy Jerry 4 or 5 times and beat them both, then I raced Pete's grizzly with Tim on it and killed him as well. 4X4 king(quad) right here!!!!

Edited by JoeDuner

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:DDR_rocks!: Im sorry but ya i was 2nd or 3rd out of the non stretched quads u just didnt see me cuz u kept lookin back when im up front

Wow, I did see that bike at the line pulled up at the top of the hill about 6 bikes behind me... then never lined up next to me again!!!

Edited by triplejadogg

Wow, I did see that bike at the line pulled up at the top of the about 6 bikes behind me... then never lined up next to me again!!!

Jason niether one of us saw him because while we were looking back he was ahead of us,either that or i couldnt see him thru my roost :DDR_rocks!:

Nope, im definately the winner there kayla. lol i had to go dump my shirt all the dirt that went down the front of it!! :DDR_rocks!: :laughoff::laughoff:

no wayy. i had sand down the backk of my shirt i ate so much. i have ragdoll to thank for that haha

i lost a couple last night. the only times i lost were when my bike was nearing the end of being hot-lapped (right around the seventh or eighth pass) and i had been roll-started on.

the bikes i couldn't run with (and i never lined up with) were the drag chassis shee's. there was one with a green glowstick on the rear. imo the fastest bike out there. there were a couple shee's in a drag chassis actually.

i got to beat the really big guy on the yellow stretched shee. i've been waiting all summer for that. couldn't get him to line up with me last year.

i was riding the green glow stick banshee...AND its only a 350 :DDR_rocks!:

there was a grey/black honda? that i beat by just a few bike lengths..i was quit impressed.

Guys there were a few really quick bikes out there but lets be real!! A STOCK BIKE WITH THE STANDARD MODS on it is NEVER!!!!! going to out run those fast a$$ bikes that are built to haul a$$ straight up a hill.

I have a yfz 450 with the standard stuff done to it and it does not bother me 1 bit if Aaron kicks my a$$ up the hill or across the the dunes because bikes like his are and will always be faster than a 450 with a pipe, rev box, rejet, open air box, straight paddles. I wish i had a bike as fast as those bikes but i am not going to wast your time saying im 3rd or 4th fastest with my bike. The only thing you can claim is that you may have the fastest bike in your class w/ similar mods. The whole argument is just silly!!! Its all about having fun unless your getting paid! :DDR_rocks!: :laughoff:

:laughoff::laughoff: Aww come on! :laughoff:

I don't know who the fastest one on the hill was, but I bet I RAN (with my legs/not bike :thumb: ) the fastest all over the friggin place gettin sh*t setup. :shake::dunno::thumb:

Pete you are correct and i must say i had one of the funner dune trips,top 10 for sure....You guys did a A+ job on the night...Nice turnout...Lots of familair faces...Lots of beer...what more do you want...AWESOME JOB!!! :DDR_rocks!: :laughoff:

all you have to do is add a couple more things to that list and you will be set... Headwork, high comp piston, big carb and you will be set... all 4 strokes make thier power in the head.. get a good flowing head and you will get alot of power out of it.. :D

all you have to do is add a couple more things to that list and you will be set... Headwork, high comp piston, big carb and you will be set... all 4 strokes make thier power in the head.. get a good flowing head and you will get alot of power out of it.. :D

you forgot lots of testing,tuning,trial&error and lots of $$$$$$$ :DDR_rocks!:

well that tool.. it always takes the right combination of parts, and tuning to get things right.. :D Some people are just that way and will spend wads of cash to get the fastest bike up the hill thru trial and error. :D but thats why they are the fastest on the hill... R&D :D

Pete you are correct and i must say i had one of the funner dune trips,top 10 for sure....You guys did a A+ job on the night...Nice turnout...Lots of familair faces...Lots of beer...what more do you want...AWESOME JOB!!! :DDR_rocks!: :thumb:

I only said that earlier to be funny. I wasn't trying to get any recognition, but thanks Aaron. It's still good to hear when you work your a$$ off at something. :laughoff: I had alot of fun. It was a great time and was nice gettin together with the DDR "family". :laughoff: We couldn't have done it without the cool peeps that helped chip in from DDR and also the guys from Planet Sand & YFZTech with some sweet bikes that raced the hill. :dunno: Chris (aka Armz) and his band did a great job too setting up and putting on a great show for everyone. It took a bunch of work to get all that sh*t out there and sound good. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it. :D:thumb: They usually play shows at clubs and bars and get paid and get free bars tabs. For DDR, they did it for free. They are some nice guys.

had a great time...nice to see everyone again :D i even raced a couple of times with angela and dawn...i guess i need to get paddles now got smoked by them...damn knobbies had a great time though...and THANKS PETE for everyting :thumb::thumb: you did...i'm just sorry i didn't get there earlier to help.can't wait till the next gathering :woo_hoo:

i dont think live music and hillshooting mix very well... :blink:

they werent to bad though.seemed to play some descent music.

:woo_hoo: why doesn't live music and hill shooting go together? :thumb: Seems to me like it added even more fun to the whole event for the spectators. :thumb:

i thought the live music was cool nothing better than music and quads racing :thumb:

did anyone notice i didn't hurt myself this weekend :drunk::woo_hoo: i was so wasted :drunk: it was great :thumb:

I noticed, I was just afraid to comment and jinx u!!! Tiff took the get hurt title from u for that weekend!!! :drunk::woo_hoo::blink: