Aug 11th Night Drags recap

dunefreak

when i first pulled up to the hill, the area in which i parked was littered with beer bottles and cans. a couple of them broken. we picked them up and put them in the back of a friends truck bed but i was astonished as it was still daylight.

i got into it with some folks on the planetsand website once because of littering at bwIII. it seems the litterers were so well respected that they weren't at any fault. we gotta speak up at bwIV and impose our will on these people. they're glamis regulars and visit dumont occasionally for events.

You hear the same thing over at GD.com...some of them go out to the events just to push the "pack it in, pack it out" concept. The sad part is they spend their spare time doing that and not enjoying the dunes. :unsure:

It's a disposable generation and some just don't get it!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there were a lot of empty Tecates at the Banshee Hill area during BWIII. Its up to the Rangers out there to enforce a strict littering policy. We just want to ride and not hit any trash coming down the backside of a dune.

Can there be some industrial size trash collectors placed in spots out there? I know its not aestheticly sound, but its function is.

One thing I was :think: I saw unbelievable amounts of trash out there.

Is there going to be another clean up weekend /day? before the season starts? Is Proactive the way to go? I feel guilty that I did not pick any of it I saw on sunday morning. :dunno::think: . I will just make sure no matter what when I go out there to at least take the time to fill one trash bag with other peoples trash and haul it home. I have noticed in tecopa where the turn off to the hot springs that there were several dumpsters, so maybe any trash collected and generated possible could be dropped off there so one wouldn't have to haul it all the way back home. I think if we all decided that every time we go there we clean it up a little we may be able to keep it clean(er). One of the first things I learned as a kid was to leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. I know we can't get everyone that goes out there to treat it with respect, but we can make a difference. Ok I am done........for now

Please DO NOT use the dumpsters in Tecopa. It puts a strain on the county of Inyo's budget and the BLM has had to step in and pay (with your $) to have more dumpster service. If we stop using the tecopa dumpsters we can stop funding the service. It's only 80 miles to home from there, can't you just take it home? But thatnks for picking it up in the first place! :unsure:

i drop my trash off at home. i don't drink and we only stay out two days max so it's not much. but i know if i did bring alot of trash home, our lazy a$$ trash collectors won't pick it up. i should've been a garbage man... you can choose which/how trash to discard apparently.

This is my first time on DDR. I definitely met a lot of great guys out at Dumont this weekend. I had an 05 450R that was shooting flame out of the back of it at the beginning of the night runs. Aaron (fast yfz) hooked me up with some tools, parts, and a flashlight to try to fix it (the next day I found the problem to be a missing nut on the head pipe). Thanks for the help Aaron! I look forward to running into some more DDR guys in the future.

Yo Dog, wrong guy. That was me that lent you the tools and gave you two jets. and No prb!! I hope you fixed the problem with the air/fuel

Edited by triplejadogg

Please DO NOT use the dumpsters in Tecopa. It puts a strain on the county of Inyo's budget and the BLM has had to step in and pay (with your $) to have more dumpster service. If we stop using the tecopa dumpsters we can stop funding the service. It's only 80 miles to home from there, can't you just take it home? But thatnks for picking it up in the first place! :unsure:

Honestly the only thing I have dropped off in Tecopa is dump my tanks at the hot springs campground. I just noticed the dumpsters this trip.

Yo Dog, wrong guy. That was me that lent you the tools and gave you two jets. and No prb!! I hope you fixed the problem with the air/fuel

Ya that was jason,although i was over there getting buzzed with him :think::dunno::unsure:

I picked up a FULL black trash bag of beer cans and shiet out of the back of petes truck that night and there was about another bag full still in there!!! I geuss we can drink alot of beer!!!!! :watching:

Edited by rednekoki

I picked up a FULL black trash bag of beer cans and shiet out of the back of petes truck that night and there was about another bag full still in there!!! I geuss we can drink alot of beer!!!!! :thumb:

You guess? lol lol Man, this group could probably retire on all the tin recycling!!! never seen so much beer put away before hanging with DDR!! Lushes!! :watching:

You guess? lol lol Man, this group could probably retire on all the tin recycling!!! never seen so much beer put away before hanging with DDR!! Lushes!! :thumb:

Beer cans are now made out of aluminum. :laughoff::driver::watching:

Please DO NOT use the dumpsters in Tecopa. It puts a strain on the county of Inyo's budget and the BLM has had to step in and pay (with your $) to have more dumpster service. If we stop using the tecopa dumpsters we can stop funding the service. It's only 80 miles to home from there, can't you just take it home? But thatnks for picking it up in the first place! :shocked2:

Didnt know that Terry, I'll tell my dad, because we always use throw our trash in Tecopa

THE NIGHT DRAGS WHERE SWEET! I WAS RIDING THAT OLD LT500, AND HAD A GREAT TIME! WHENS IS THE NEXT ONE GOING TO BE

Probably around the same time next year unless we all get a wild hair and decide to do a mid-season one sometime. :rockon::rockon:

I remember seein that LT500.. Sweet bike.. I have always liked the lines of the older suzuki's and wouldnt mind having a LT500 but the wife wants a buggy of some form so she can participate as well...

I remember seein that LT500.. Sweet bike.. I have always liked the lines of the older suzuki's and wouldnt mind having a LT500 but the wife wants a buggy of some form so she can participate as well...

its for sale if you know anyone looking, lots of extra goodies

I have not gone to Dumont since end of last season but I was there for a week and my pops and I picked up 37 bags of trash just at comp hill. I am only posting this because of the dumpster post. Now when we were there, there was a guy with a beach comber looking tractor and he had a huge dump truck. He actually came to our camp and picked the trash up for us. Real cool older guy. Kinda acted like a camp host, dont know if he is there all the time. He was parked where the vendors usually are. I never realized how much crap is in the sand at comp hill and on the flats :bump::barf:

We found one spot on the closest finger where someone had dumped what looked like hundreds of huge oyster shells. Damn things were sharp. Surprised we dont get flats everytime we go.

I have not gone to Dumont since end of last season but I was there for a week and my pops and I picked up 37 bags of trash just at comp hill. I am only posting this because of the dumpster post. Now when we were there, there was a guy with a beach comber looking tractor and he had a huge dump truck. He actually came to our camp and picked the trash up for us. Real cool older guy. Kinda acted like a camp host, dont know if he is there all the time. He was parked where the vendors usually are. I never realized how much crap is in the sand at comp hill and on the flats :bump::barf:

We found one spot on the closest finger where someone had dumped what looked like hundreds of huge oyster shells. Damn things were sharp. Surprised we dont get flats everytime we go.

That older guy's name is Don. Don and his wife, Ellen, stay at Dumont from October through April-ish. They are a retired couple that take care of Dumont by picking up trash, cleaning the bathrooms, helping with emergency situations, etc. They are real nice people.

That older guy's name is Don. Don and his wife, Ellen, stay at Dumont from October through April-ish. They are a retired couple that take care of Dumont by picking up trash, cleaning the bathrooms, helping with emergency situations, etc. They are real nice people.

He was real cool. We gave him some bottled water and a case of diet coke.