I want to beast up my quad.

SOTALY TOBER

I bought a Blaster a couple of years ago when i got into riding at dumont. It is still totally stock. I would rather put about $1500 into it rather than spending 6000- 7000 on a big bore, plus i am only about 155 lbs. anyways, i almost always ride in sand. what would be ideal for my quad's motor with my budget? and does anyone recommend a good shop in either the high desert or the IE? thanx for the input!

Your not going to be able to get much outta that blaster... the only things off the top of my head i can suggest are the usual mods to help it breath better...

Exhaust, intake, reeds.

If you want to spend a bit more and mill the head to up the compression ratio a bit you can do that but depending on how much you hvae milled off depends on the type of gas you need to run..

The other things as well that arent motor related that will make you have more fun enjoying your ride is obviously a properly setup suspension and some lighter paddles... You might try some Paddla Brats.. they are one of the lightest paddles out there and you will feel the diffrence.

I have no idea what carbs will work with what i cant tell ya to go get a 39mm FCR carb of a 2 wheeler and it will work like a charm i have no clue that comes down to testing tuning and knowing wtf your doing :D

As far as milling the head... any where from 91 to 50/50 with race gas to straight race gas.. it all depends on how much is milled off...

Padla brats are made by sand tires unlimited

http://www.sandtiresunlimited.com/sandtire1.html

they are about half way down the page :D

I bought a Blaster a couple of years ago when i got into riding at dumont. It is still totally stock. I would rather put about $1500 into it rather than spending 6000- 7000 on a big bore, plus i am only about 155 lbs. anyways, i almost always ride in sand. what would be ideal for my quad's motor with my budget? and does anyone recommend a good shop in either the high desert or the IE? thanx for the input!

sell the blaster and use the money along with the 1500 you wanted to spend on mods and buy a used banshee if you need the 2 stroke. they have really come down in price lately. i have seen quite a few in our paper for 2500 to 3500 most with paddles and other go fast goodies.

You could also do the Vito's 240 big bore kit.

Big bore $595

Pipe kit $325

And you would need a larger carb.

Vitosperformance.net

That vito's kit is bad a$$ , with that kit ull smoke a honda 250r :thumb: ....say that aint enough power if you stretch it youll gain 20 hp easely :woo_hoo: ....hell im gonna stretch my 450 when i get home :thumb:

That vito's kit is bad a$$ , with that kit ull smoke a honda 250r :thumb: ....say that aint enough power if you stretch it youll gain 20 hp easely :blink: ....hell im gonna stretch my 450 when i get home :thumb:

That's it. I'm stretching my rail! :woo_hoo:

I like superdave's idea.

if i was you ill slap on a 250r motor on it

i saw one atglamis smoking yfz's and everything

it was maybe bored out to a 310

a swinger and its on

plus you dont live far away from me

i have alot of shops close to my house

pm me and i can let u know what they can do to your blaster.......

i live in Los Angeles

Edited by 2k5 yfz

hey whats up? im new to this..and i read your post. you shoul check out trinitys website for the blaster big bore kit. it will make ur 200 cc...a 240cc and it makes quite a difference. you can also check out vitos performance, they have many things for the blaster and the banshee. along with the big bore you can do the carb and pipe with a k&n....and you'll have a little quad that rips. my friend has a blaster done up like that and also has a arms and a swing arm with elka suspension...so i know it can be done. hope this helps you out.

sell it and buy a banshee ..... have you riden one? :headbang1: with your size a stock with pipes will haul... im a big guy and mine hauls my a$$ up just about what ever i point it at...... $3000 all over the place

hey man! that was my idea! :think: