3rd Annual Dumont Poker Run

dunefreak

I am trying to make it out that weekend, I will be going alone. So I am looking for a camp to take on the poor stray sandchick

I come with my own tent, beer and supplies :laughing: I am relatively quiet these days. Please shoot me a pm if you have a place available. Thanks :beercheers:

Hi I have been going to Dumont since 1996, but haven't been for the last 6 years. Is the poker run weekend a busy one? I like to go when there aren't a lot of people. I'm sure it wont be as big as Halloween. Any feedback would be great. thanks

Hi I have been going to Dumont since 1996, but haven't been for the last 6 years. Is the poker run weekend a busy one? I like to go when there aren't a lot of people. I'm sure it wont be as big as Halloween. Any feedback would be great. thanks

The poker run itself is always a great turnout for the event, but it's not at all a busy weekend. We do it on an off-weekend on purpose. There's too much craziness on holidays to run an event.

Come on out. It's always a really great time and because it doesn't run all day long you can enjoy the rest of the day to dune as well.

This is not a free weekend. The only one that BLM allows is the clean up as it is a benefit (volunteer hours) to them and FoDD and the dunes area.

Sorry you will have to buy a pass but we are glad your coming out. Should be nice weather, good people and great sand, what could anyone ask for, unless it was a Royal Flush:)

Terry

This is not a free weekend. The only one that BLM allows is the clean up as it is a benefit (volunteer hours) to them and FoDD and the dunes area.

Sorry you will have to buy a pass but we are glad your coming out. Should be nice weather, good people and great sand, what could anyone ask for, unless it was a Royal Flush:)

Terry

Thanks Terry, no big deal....just wanted to make sure if I needed to get one before we leave town

Hey duners, get this year's poker run marked on your calendars! It's the 3rd Annual Dumont Poker Run presented by Friends of Dumont Dunes and DDR! It's on Saturday Nov 13th, That is 2 weeks after Halloween and 2 weeks before Thanksgiving weekend.

I know last year everyone had a blast and we plan to do everything the same this year. There will be 5 checkpoints as usual as well as the MYSTERY checkpoint for an additional prize.

The start & finish times are slightly different than last year so check the flyer. It went a little longer than needed for everyone to make their way to all checkpoints so we cut it back a little bit so everyone can get on with their weekends and get to shredding some sand.

One thing that hasn't changed is the high payout to winners. A total of 50% of the net will go towards the winners for prize money. Then 25% to support DDR and 25% to support FoDD. All the proceeds go to either running this site or helping to keep your dunes open so it's a win win situation no matter what hand you end up having.

Hope to see many of you out there. It's gonna be a great weekend!

poker-run-banner-3rd-annual.jpg

Do you need a GPS for the poker run?

• Thumbs Down 1

Terry

Terry,

Seems BLM is not keeping you up to date. Free weekend after all. Yiah. Oh I have a annual pass no Savings here. headbang1.gifDDRrocks.gif