gon2retire Posted September 3, 2006 Posted September 3, 2006 I WAS WONDEING HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT GO FROM VEGAS TO DUMONT TAKE THE TOCOPA TURN OFF INSTEAD OF GOING THRU PAHRUMP Quote
high octane junkie Posted September 3, 2006 Posted September 3, 2006 i go through tecopa on day trips with the flatbed trailer. i go through baker when i have the toyhauler. Quote
Ross and Alice Posted September 3, 2006 Posted September 3, 2006 (edited) That road can be pretty hairy when icy, or in a blind snowstorm, but it's a pretty cool way to go. It's a bit primitive, but I like it. The long way through Pahrump is not much longer travel time easier on the heavy junk. I'd do the other route in good weather first, because it could be a bit of a surprise your first time, especially the way back. Edited September 4, 2006 by Dime Store Hood Quote
JoeDuner Posted September 3, 2006 Posted September 3, 2006 I go the Tecopa way all the time. It's only hairy when go to pass towing a 30 foot weekend warrior. Quote
ynot Posted September 3, 2006 Posted September 3, 2006 I used to go thru Teocopa every time. But since I got the big trailer I go thru Paharump. Easier on the equiptment and the dog dosen't get carsick! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted September 4, 2006 Posted September 4, 2006 Going to start going thru pharump... Cheap breakfast is good too.. Quote
MAXDOUT Posted September 4, 2006 Posted September 4, 2006 WE GO THRU TACOPA. BUT YES IT GETS A LITTLE HAIRY AT THE TURN AT THE TOP PULLING THIS ONE. Quote
dunefreak Posted September 4, 2006 Posted September 4, 2006 I go Tecopa and never have a problem at the tight turns even with the new trailer. Quote
MAXDOUT Posted September 4, 2006 Posted September 4, 2006 I go Tecopa and never have a problem at the tight turns even with the new trailer. nice toy box. this season we want to meet all you guys...DDR... been on the web site for a while but still havent hung out with everyone. Quote
dunefreak Posted September 4, 2006 Posted September 4, 2006 nice toy box. this season we want to meet all you guys...DDR... been on the web site for a while but still havent hung out with everyone. Thanks! Yep, we definitley need to meet up and hang out this season! Quote
lvnalolife Posted September 5, 2006 Posted September 5, 2006 We take the Tecopa turn off. Haven't pulled the new trailer to Dumont yet, but if Pete can do it so can I. Bought the trailer too late last season to go out there. We will try it this October! Quote
Sincity_blondie Posted September 5, 2006 Posted September 5, 2006 We take the Tecopa turn off. Haven't pulled the new trailer to Dumont yet, but if Pete can do it so can I. Bought the trailer too late last season to go out there. We will try it this October! just cause petes truck can make it, doesnt mean yours can JJ!! sorry, think its time to move on from that truck JJ. its Cursed or something! Quote
dunefreak Posted September 5, 2006 Posted September 5, 2006 just cause petes truck can make it, doesnt mean yours can JJ!! sorry, think its time to move on from that truck JJ. its Cursed or something! oh sh*t! :shocked2: :shocked2: Quote
Sincity_blondie Posted September 5, 2006 Posted September 5, 2006 oh sh*t! he knows its true, he said so himself. its the JJ Coral Pink Curse on his truck!! ya know i love ya JJ, dont get mad! Get a chevy!! lol cause mine does so well goin over potesi pulling my hauler!!! :shocked2: :shocked2: Quote
GirlWithHorns Posted September 5, 2006 Posted September 5, 2006 We go through Baker with this bad boy.. Quote
MAXDOUT Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 We go through Baker with this bad boy.. NOT FAIR.........YOU COULD GO ANY WAY WITH THAT BADBOY. Quote
GirlWithHorns Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 NOT FAIR.........YOU COULD GO ANY WAY WITH THAT BADBOY. wrong.. we cant go in the sand very much we get stuckk. but it sure looks cool Quote
superdave Posted September 6, 2006 Posted September 6, 2006 i always go through tecopa. i went through pahrump on the way back one time because someone said it about the same or quicker. bullshit! tecopa is the way to go. Quote
Ross and Alice Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 wrong.. we cant go in the sand very much we get stuckk. but it sure looks cool We camp in the hardpax at Dumont, just above the collection machines. Ya shouldnt have any trouble there, and we have plenty of Tow straps & 4X4's to pull everyone free if they do get stuck. Quote
MCGYVER Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 (edited) I go tecopa every time. Baker is WAY out of the way (for me) but have gone back thru pahrump on ocassion, like when my son flew off a razor back and busted an arm and 3 teeth oooppppsss. new hospital opening in pahrump soon !!!!! Edited September 7, 2006 by MCGYVER Quote
gon2retire Posted September 7, 2006 Author Posted September 7, 2006 the new hospital is open in pahrump Quote
Bumpint Posted September 7, 2006 Posted September 7, 2006 WE GO THRU TACOPA. BUT YES IT GETS A LITTLE HAIRY AT THE TURN AT THE TOP PULLING THIS ONE. Maxd what size is your lift?? I have a 8" on 37"s (F250) and was throwing around the idea of a fifth wheel. Quote
MAXDOUT Posted September 8, 2006 Posted September 8, 2006 (edited) Maxd what size is your lift?? I have a 8" on 37"s (F250) and was throwing around the idea of a fifth wheel. 8 INCH ON 38'S...BUT I DID CHANGE THE GEARS TO 488. PULLS IT LIKE ITS NOT EVEN THERE. ALSO ZOINK THREDZ HAS THE SAME SET UP. BUT I THINK HE'S HEAVIER THAN MINE. MINE IS A 2000- 40FT. HIS IS ALOT NEWER AND TALLER, AND HE'S HAS FIBERGLASS SIDES. Edited September 8, 2006 by maxdout Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.