Dec 9th-11th trip report...how was the weekend???

stalteri

Joe, yep those were the ones. On the right side of the Tecopa road right? They looked brand new! We didn't stop though. We flew past em at like 80 mph and didn't feel like turning around on that narrow a$$ road. Oh well.

Did you guys see the fireworks on the side of the road on the way home? Must be the same ones you saw on the way out there.

we saw them too. i almost stopped. looked like some big ones. if i could have turned my beast around i would have gone back to get them. new years is just around the corner.

Joe, yep those were the ones. On the right side of the Tecopa road right? They looked brand new! We didn't stop though. We flew past em at like 80 mph and didn't feel like turning around on that narrow a$$ road. Oh well.

Yep.......Same here, it takes a long time to stop that load going down the road.

I couldn't agree more Don. I had a blast. Weather and dunes were very nice. Not much craziness to talk about other than just the good ol late night festivities. :blink::rockon: I raced another Hayabusa minirail up comp w/ my gimp a$$ broken arms!! :mc_smiley: :headbang: Oh yeah, I smoked him too! :D We went on a lot of FUN rides. Don, Joe, and Tim: you've all got some sweet rails. :headbang:

Good to hear you made it back ok Don, that tire problem sucked. It was great hangin out w/ everyone that came out. Very cool people, lets do it again sometime. :thumb: :headbang:

I'll get my pics up sometime soon. Tim (Originalpimp), you've got to get that drawing of you and your rail scanned. :rockon: That was a great sketch Vicki did, It'll make a nice avatar. :rockon:

iLL GET IT SCANNED WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. I had a total blast with the ddr dudes and of course dudette. hope i didnt scare her to bad!!!!!!!!!! I had a great time eating a few "1000 glamis horsepower" ls1 cars. Hope to do it again soon. Thank god they were glamis horse power cars and not real horespower cars!! Paul, you put on a great ride. I knew we could have shot that 1000 ft gap though lol.

I am sad :rockon: I missed the weekend. After thanksgiving I need a good weekend at the dunes. Sounds like you all had a great time out there :headbang: :headbang: :thumb: even with the misshaps :mc_smiley: well cant wait to get out on a good weekend and meet everyone without 50 mph winds blowing in my face and having to spit out sand while talking. :blink::rockon: lots and :headbang: hard

I had a good time this weekend, even though I didn't ride too much. I think I'm gettin' too old, I really do enjoy letting people drive me around in their nice sand cars. :unsure:

Best lookin seatcover I ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

i have this funny sensation in my fingers that the awnser to 80grits awnser will be all the awesome hp and torque the quad is making...

I have no idea why it broke,its aluminum,and i dont ever jump that bike.Everyone on here knows its at comp 99% of the time.It snapped on takeoff. :happydrunks: POS.Ill never ride on an aluminum axle again. :happydrunks::unsure:

Awww man.... now I'm really upset that Jim wouldn't let me go :angry: He said I have to heal before he'll let me go out again (like I couldn't just drive myself out there :laughing: )

The pics look awesome. I am sooooo jealous!!!

I think I need to change my name to dune junkie, anyone have that? :puke:

not broken, just fractured. :puke: the cast has been off for a week now, and I haven't had to use the walker in days... :angry: I'm almost ready to get back on the quad that threw me. :flipoff::laughing:

ok, well maybe not. I like Chritine's idea better... riding along is alot more fun ( and alot less painful :woo_hoo: )

I have no idea why it broke,its aluminum,and i dont ever jump that bike.Everyone on here knows its at comp 99% of the time.It snapped on takeoff. :headbang: POS.Ill never ride on an aluminum axle again. :finger: :headbang:

Was it an RIS axel?

• 8 months later...

:banghead:

Damn, I was just now going through my dune pics and remembred this trip. It was the first time we met the Tres Hermanos and rcjunky3. I even had two broken arms (casted up) back on that trip and it was STILL a blast. Ahh the good Dumont memories never fade. :shocked2: Can't wait for the season to come. :D