Go Pro Hero 3

dunefreak

Many of you probably already heard, but yesterday Go Pro announced the new Hero 3 camera. Pretty damn sweet, but I still don't even make much use out of my Hero 2 in order to justify buying one.

The trailer video is pretty badass. Check it out.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3PDXmYoF5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

$400 comes with Flat lens for underwater, and Wi-fi. Better Camera, audio as well. Might be worth it.

If your not using your hero 2 Pete, i am sure i could make use of it,

I'm using it, just not really for video.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I like the 2, not sure if I will get the 3 just yet. I really like the wifi and hope it comes out soon for the andriod phone. I have been using it alot when at the races and sticking it on Tonys truggy.

i think the fans of my videos should get me one for birthday :whistle:

i will wait and see if there is a discount at the CES convention thats where i picked up the hero and hero 2

should sell off the hero but keep the hero 2 for reverse angle.

• Like 1

the 3 has a few features i am interested in seeing for sure. mainly the flat lense. I kinda think the 3 is geared more toward water sports users, as they sell the flat lense cases and mods for underwater.

Worst thing about the Go-pro is that everything looks so far away, would be nice to correct that. Plus the wi-fi would be very nice, but i could buy a 2 and pac to get that.

Worst thing about the Go-pro is that everything looks so far away, would be nice to correct that.

Everything looks far away because of the wide field of view. For everything to look closer, they would need to narrow how much you see. I think most people prefer the wide angle for most of the intended uses.

I heard about a feature where you can use an iPhone app as a viewfinder/screen. Is this the one that does that?

The 2 does this now with the I-phone. The app for the andriod phone is not out yet. That with the remote will be pretty cool.

Looks like a good little camera. It can do 120 frames per second recording in 720p mode. That will make for some very cool slow motion effects. If you look at the clip and see the people swimming underwater with the whale....that's 120fps.

It records it at 120 frames but plays it back at 30 frames.

Thats what gives you the slow motion effect. This was shot on a more expensive camera but at

240 fps

This is shot at 480 fps

i tried the narrow view, and it didn't make much difference on my HD, maybe it makes more difference on the 2.

It looked like Villipoto was wearing a 3 on his helmet at Monster energy tonight. It didn't look like it had a case at all?? not sure.

I now the sound my buddy had on his 2 was bad compared to mine when we were in Oregon. not sure what's up with that. I need the audio, and video distortion to go away when i mount the camera on the bike, like the heal guard. I love those views.

I started using my Hero2 by rolling video every chance I could remember to set it up.

Alot of the video wasn't worth keeping but I was able to snip some fantastic "still photos" from the video that would have been impossible for me to capture otherwise.

That is still my primary use for the camera.

I wish I had this back when my kids and their friends were learning to ride.

The wife or I usually rode "sweep" and weren't fast enough with the camera, or too busy dealing with the terrain, to capture alot of the truly great action shots.

I rarely take other pictures or pack other cameras because of what I find in the the videos.

It works for me...

I started using my Hero2 by rolling video every chance I could remember to set it up.

Alot of the video wasn't worth keeping but I was able to snip some fantastic "still photos" from the video that would have been impossible for me to capture otherwise.

That is still my primary use for the camera.

I wish I had this back when my kids and their friends were learning to ride.

The wife or I usually rode "sweep" and weren't fast enough with the camera, or too busy dealing with the terrain, to capture alot of the truly great action shots.

I rarely take other pictures or pack other cameras because of what I find in the the videos.

It works for me...

That's exactly how I use mine. Pause the playback and capture some great shots!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2