live updates from D, Thanksgiving weekend

dunefreak

Post up any pics or updates you have from the weekend. If you have troubles posting pics from a mobile device, try using the photobucket mobile app. It's pretty easy to use. Just upload then and paste the code for the pic into your post.

Here's a couple pics thanks to Vegas Style and weather as of 11AM thanks to Jill.

~68.9 degrees, wind chill 65.7, wind @ 7.8 mph, humidity 35% & pressure 31.10

post-3-0-61400100-1353443065_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-96511300-1353443100_thumb.jpg

You can also follow DDR on facebook as pics will be added. --> DDR on FB

81 degrees, 3:15PM 0.0 mph on the wind and 25 % humidity a little warmer on the roof where the weather station is. Still almost shorts weather in the daytime, drops down to the mid 50's at night. dunes are already pretty rough. Must say Steve's locomotive coming accross the water crossing(with no water) sound like 3 trains, echoed all through the wash and up the side of the hill, People down from us came out of their trailer and all Charlie heard was " What the F$#@ is going on!?" GOOD job Steve. that was nsome funny stuff.

• Like 2

6:30 am Sun is coming up 54.2 degrees breeze just picked up, 1.7 MPH what a way to start a morning sitting by the early morning fire drinking a little coffee/Mtn Dew. listening to generators starting up, bikes already hitting the dunes, great breakfast smells in the air, life is pretty nice right now.

• Like 1

Well it looks like San Bernardino County Sheriff is out again. Only one this time, looked like he was checking green stickers or registration maybe? One trailer already got turned around and sent out of here. Checking another one now.

I am willing to open up for anyone that needs anything from me:

vw parts

2013 non resident stickers

2013 annual passes

Just call Doghouse 775-727-9344 - if I answer, I'll help

If I don't answer, it's because I am not by the phone. I'll call you back as soon as I check the phone for missed calls

• Like 2

It was a great turnout today for the DDR meet & greet at the south pole. Over 100 duners showed up and followed FE135 on a nice cruise to the north pole!

Vegas Style said there were still about 70 buggies/ bikes/ side x sides when they all got out to the north pole too. Not bad!

Good job, Neal.

post-3-0-03968000-1353808868_thumb.jpg

for those that wanted to avoid the holiday weekend.. I have to say for the first 3 days it was decent dunes. An occasional dune switch due to someone being in your line but still had some decently fast runs. For a Thanksgiving it was VERY light in my opinion.

today was a 3rd gear run, but it was a shock workout! so if your planning on going next weekend be prepared its tore the heck up!!!

I'm praying for some strong winds for about 4 days straight as that is what it will take to fix those HUGE whoops in the middle of the runs, and there EVERYWHERE!

for those that wanted to avoid the holiday weekend.. I have to say for the first 3 days it was decent dunes. An occasional dune switch due to someone being in your line but still had some decently fast runs. For a Thanksgiving it was VERY light in my opinion.

today was a 3rd gear run, but it was a shock workout! so if your planning on going next weekend be prepared its tore the heck up!!!

I'm praying for some strong winds for about 4 days straight as that is what it will take to fix those HUGE whoops in the middle of the runs, and there EVERYWHERE!

^^ What he said.

It was weird seeing whoops along the top of tall dunes. Reminded me why I've avoided holiday weekends.