Entrance Road

JoeDuner

Ok Sandchick u r 1000% correct

I retract my statement. I seen it happen with a fav camp spot in Utah they paved the road and now the place is trashed. Now they have marked spots etc. still ok but not what it was. Also used to catch fish, haven't caught a fish in 3 years so F that.

I'm gonna go like Sand Snake and take up the road and go down the center. Oh wait I already do that lol. So those that think going 45 or 50 well I might MIGHT, be doing 25 and that's if it's smooth. If it's rough like Halloween max speed was 15 and most times I was 6 or 7 mph

So sorry if I held you up. NOT :)

This is true. Roads are like filters, the rougher the road, the less the road is traveled. In Colorado, old ghost towns on fairly decent roads have been raided and destroyed, the ones on the worst roads are still relatively intact.

Coming out this morning they were blading the road. It was decent but earlier in the week it sucked since they took all the type two Terry talked about and put most of their time by the fee station and up the hill. They had graded all the type two to the edge of the road and even plugged up the drainage so the road was puddled up and nasty. At some point they might consider those of us that go out early and grade it before the big weekend. Oh wait, that will never happen. BLM has had it's problems and that is all I will say since Roxy left and Larry retired. Hopefully time will improve the situation at Dumont. To those that are going out for T Day be aware that the sand it really torn up. It's wet and I had fits getting around because of the wet sand and the ruts.

Still better than staying home though. Enjoy it folks.

Did enjoy seeing the water pumpers out there for their annual trip. The didn't get their permit for the drags but did get it for the hill climbs by Comp Hill. Camp had over 50 units in it as of today by the entrance to the corridor.

We did have rain Thur, Friday and Saturday but it cleared up on Sun and Mon.

I have to wonder how much revenue the BLM is losing by not having a ranger check passes since we saw a lot of people coming in last week and leaving before the rangers show up on Wed or Thur. OH Well so much for concerns for getting money to put back into the Dunes.

Good Luck Terry, I feel your pain!

Coming out this morning they were blading the road. It was decent but earlier in the week it sucked since they took all the type two Terry talked about and put most of their time by the fee station and up the hill. They had graded all the type two to the edge of the road and even plugged up the drainage so the road was puddled up and nasty. At some point they might consider those of us that go out early and grade it before the big weekend. Oh wait, that will never happen. BLM has had it's problems and that is all I will say since Roxy left and Larry retired. Hopefully time will improve the situation at Dumont. To those that are going out for T Day be aware that the sand it really torn up. It's wet and I had fits getting around because of the wet sand and the ruts.

Still better than staying home though. Enjoy it folks.

Did enjoy seeing the water pumpers out there for their annual trip. The didn't get their permit for the drags but did get it for the hill climbs by Comp Hill. Camp had over 50 units in it as of today by the entrance to the corridor.

We did have rain Thur, Friday and Saturday but it cleared up on Sun and Mon.

I have to wonder how much revenue the BLM is losing by not having a ranger check passes since we saw a lot of people coming in last week and leaving before the rangers show up on Wed or Thur. OH Well so much for concerns for getting money to put back into the Dunes.

Good Luck Terry, I feel your pain!

X2