JoeDuner Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 There used to be a condition report on the entrance road, but I cant't find it. Terry, do you know if the BLM is planning on grading it before or during Halloween weekend? Quote
dunefreak Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 It's BAD. There's your report. Lol It's very wash boarded... big washboard. Just gotta take it very slow. Hopefully the BLM graded it before Halloween, but it's all new staff at the Barstow office so this season should be interesting. Quote
nwtdiesel Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 Oh great. It will take me a hour to get in!!! Quote
Just Mike Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 It was bad a few weeks ago when we went. I had to go 10 mph all the way to the flats. That road has cost me quite a bit of money in broken truck and trailer parts. I am a bit more patient now. Quote
nwtdiesel Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 I will be going 2mph all the way in. I like my stuff I worked hard for. 1 Quote
OUTLAW525 Posted October 20, 2013 Posted October 20, 2013 I will be going 2mph all the way in. I like my stuff I worked hard for. I concur. Quote
raspadoo Posted October 20, 2013 Posted October 20, 2013 Super duty and 20' enclosed, 15mph or 50mph to get on top (estimated as speed limit is 25mph). take your time going in, I've seen that road literally create daylight between walls and roofs / floors of rv's. Quote
ynot Posted October 21, 2013 Posted October 21, 2013 I plan on calling Barstow BLM tomorrow to find out about the road and will update as I find out, but the other posts are right slow and easy it is what it it is until they get a grader operator in Barstow,. Now they have to bring one up from Needles and I hope that's there plan for Halloween but understand BLM is going from 0 to 100 this week! Quote
nwtdiesel Posted October 22, 2013 Posted October 22, 2013 Let us know Terry! Will you be out there this weekend? Quote
ynot Posted October 22, 2013 Posted October 22, 2013 Let us know Terry! Will you be out there this weekend? I will not be doing back out till probably Veteran's day. It's a toss up on the road but my money would be on a rough ride this weekend. Quote
dunefreak Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 Joe here's that original thread I started which I believe you are referring to. Maybe as we get more info throughout the week we should bump it to keep that sucker going with updates. http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=9696&hl= Quote
Just Mike Posted October 23, 2013 Posted October 23, 2013 I will send an update about noon. I am sure it won't be good. Quote
FireKracker Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 I dont know if this is a topic in another thread but road was an A- on the way out this evening, D+(I am being generous) on the way in on Wed 1 Quote
White Rhino Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Ha way generous on the D+ try maybe F+ the only reason u gave it a D is u went 45 mph so ur change wasn't bouncing out if your ash tray. Quote
White Rhino Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Oh and here ya go http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=9696&hl= Quote
FireKracker Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 Ha way generous on the D+ try maybe F+ the only reason u gave it a D is u went 45 mph so ur change wasn't bouncing out if your ash tray. YUP! Quote
FireKracker Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 YUP! I mean no....speed limit is 25 officer 1 Quote
nwtdiesel Posted October 28, 2013 Posted October 28, 2013 I went in Thursday night at 18mph and Sunday I came out at 30mph. The road was in good shape. Lots of gravel pushed off the sides, they need a better grader operator for sure. Quote
HelmetPigtails Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 Anyone have any update for next wednesday? we are heading up really early in the morning and hate that entrance road. maybe they should just pave it being they charge so freaking much for the passes on thanksgiving. Quote
ynot Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 Road is being worked on and they just put $75,000.00 worth of new type II down so it should be smooth sailing. So you think $40.00 is to much to charge for 7 days of camping and access to one of the worlds greatest OHV areas? You'll burn more than that in fuel just having fun! 2 Quote
JoeDuner Posted November 20, 2013 Author Posted November 20, 2013 Lol.....consider the pot stirred Quote
JK660R Posted November 20, 2013 Posted November 20, 2013 New type2 and fresh gardening it should be good for next week can't wait Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.