Disrespectful people at Dumont

We ARE doing something about it...like ISBB said....FoDD. They already have a "dune etiquette" guide along with some good info that was given to Western Maintenance at the pay station to pass out. I guarantee you though that none of these jerks that are causing the problems are even reading them. It's unfortunate, but we can't change the way some people are. All we can do is join forces and help FoDD anyway we can. Not only that, but everyone needs to spread the word to fellow duners about respect. Who knows, maybe it will catch on with some of these fools. :blink: The more everyone becomes involved with helping Dumont by being PRO-ACTIVE, the longer we can keep Dumont our favorite place to go.

Michelle your first step to helping the situation is join FoDD. Sign up here if you already haven't.

:driver:

I did join FoDD and like I said, I have never received any paperwork when have entered or left Dumont. Have you? Maybe they aren't doing their jobs????? The only thing I have received is a suggestion card if we are able to donate our time.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did join FoDD and like I said, I have never received any paperwork when have entered or left Dumont. Have you? Maybe they aren't doing their jobs????? The only thing I have received is a suggestion card if we are able to donate our time.

The brochures were given to Western Maint. late Friday evening. They are supposed to hand them out. Are they? I won't know until either myself or someone else goes back out and see if they are given the tri-fold. They are doing this as a favor so I can only ask them to do it and certainly cannot make any demands. If someone goes out this weekend and does not receive one when they enter and are checked for a pass please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by ynot

I rolled in 10ish Saturday morning and upon buying my season pass I was handed two different flyers. Both nicely done and informative, for first time vistors. No earthshattering news or new rules, regulations, or guidelines.

It's a simple concept that is just lost on this generation, RESPECT OTHERS. And lost on us as a Nation unfortunately.

OK,OK,OK, what the h'll makes people want to park at the bottom of the dunes? or worse yet on the blind side of a finger dune? or even worse yet turn your kids loose to play/ride on the blind side of the dunes,

I'm an old school'r here and the rule of the dunes was if you can't see in any direction for 100 ft keep mov,n I have raised little duners for 33 years and now have 5 grand kids. when the kids wanted to ride we would take them out on the out skirts of the dunes on a trail ride. and as they

got better we would venture in to the small dunes, kinda like a momma duck. once they could ride good we would go tear up the dunes.

I was at dumbmont and could not believe what has evolved from our respectfull, kind, helpfull sport of dunning, I think it will be outlawed soon. I have never seen so many people that want to be stacked up as close as they can and yet want to take squaters wrights to a couple of acers of land and then b*tch if some one has to get near them to ride in the sand!

people, you don't go to the top of the dunes and park 4' down the other side and expect to live long! i seen this every where out there. if you want to park on the dunes, park on the peak!!! or use the 100' rule.

if it's so crowded that you have to put up cones, park farther away.

and check this out, I seen a guy riding a quad thru the camp area on the back wheels, WOW, I was impressed!

we used to ride slow thru the camp area as to not make a dust bowl out of the area,

If you want to run fast, go to comp hill

I also noticed that there is friction between the sand cars and the quads, they head straight for you and act as thou the are playing chicken with you and refuse to yeild to the right, good way to end up on the grill

also the old Time duners would wave or nod as they passed, now they try to roost you, and then brag about it

"hey, did you see me roost that guy"

the world went to sh!t when they quit use'n the belt, used to be smart a$$'s had the fat lips and the sore a$$'S and they would learn from that

anyway all you youngsters keep it up and you will take the privlage of dune riding away from the next generation, keep throw'n your trash everywhere. roosting everybody, runn'n wild and reckless with no respect for no one or there property and see what happens! :blink::driver::beercheers:

and just so all of you know, they are going to shut down dumont camp area because of the air quality, kinda like no swimming because the water is poluted. they are trying to keep it open by watering the high trafic areas but the a- holes keep roosting the dirt instead of the sand. look for dumont to be closed on big weekends soon

Edited by BAD SS

sooooooo yer saying that the kids shouldnt beable to ride around camp? cause i have a 4yo that rides and i let her ride around camp all the time. i have never nor will i ever rope off a area. the dunes are the dunes. but i do let my kids ride on the outside of the trailers :driver:

you are kidding right? you know the reaction time of a four year old? four year olds should never be allow to ride alone and should only ride in an open area followed by, or following an adult.

what happens when some one pull out between the trailers, BAM,

four year olds have tunnel vison, now take away 50percent of their vison {the trailer side} add the fact that they will brain freeze and panic if something jumps out in front of them

if you want your kids to ride, park far away, the farther the better go out and make a little track for them to ride, and if all your going to do is hold down a chair, put your chair where you can see and hear them.

:blink:

OK,OK,OK, what the h'll makes people want to park at the bottom of the dunes? or worse yet on the blind side of a finger dune? or even worse yet turn your kids loose to play/ride on the blind side of the dunes,

I'm an old school'r here and the rule of the dunes was if you can't see in any direction for 100 ft keep mov,n I have raised little duners for 33 years and now have 5 grand kids. when the kids wanted to ride we would take them out on the out skirts of the dunes on a trail ride. and as they

got better we would venture in to the small dunes, kinda like a momma duck. once they could ride good we would go tear up the dunes.

I was at dumbmont and could not believe what has evolved from our respectfull, kind, helpfull sport of dunning, I think it will be outlawed soon. I have never seen so many people that want to be stacked up as close as they can and yet want to take squaters wrights to a couple of acers of land and then b*tch if some one has to get near them to ride in the sand!

people, you don't go to the top of the dunes and park 4' down the other side and expect to live long! i seen this every where out there. if you want to park on the dunes, park on the peak!!! or use the 100' rule.

and check this out, I seen a guy riding a quad thru the camp area on the back wheels, WOW, I was impressed!

we used to ride slow thru the camp area as to not make a dust bowl out of the area,

I also noticed that there is friction between the sand cars and the quads, they head straight for you and act as thou the are playing chicken with you and refuse to yeild to the right, good way to end up on the grill

also the old Time duners would wave or nod as they passed, now they try to roost you, and then brag about it

the world went to sh!t when they quit use'n the belt, used to be smart a$$'s had the fat lips and the sore a$$'S and they would learn from that

anyway all you youngsters keep it up and you will take the privlage of dune riding away from the next generation, keep throw'n your trash everywhere. roosting everybody, runn'n wild and reckless with no respect for no one or there property and see what happens! :blink::driver::beercheers:

Welcome to the site, BAD SS. Well put^

All these new disrespectful youngsters make me appreciate old skool duners like yourself. I hate to shine light on all these idiots as if they are the majority of the dune population, they aren't...yet. :driver: It's just that I have noticed alot more people like this last trip. Hopefully these aren't die hard duners that stay into the sport like the rest of us.

On a more positive note, I did notice the people that DO have some respect for others this last weekend. I noticed a few people out there like you say that give you a head knod or wave as you pass, kinda like guys on motorcycles on the street. They usually don't know each other, but there is still that respect there for each other, kinda like a brotherhood. They are the same people that slow down when they pass by you sitting taking a break in the dunes. They make sure you are not broken down. There was a group of guys in sandrails that showed this respect on Sunday. I was out in my car with Ragdoll MX and we broke down. They were slightly ahead of us just before I broke. They circled back around to check on me because one of them thought he saw me break. That was way cool of them. They then towed me back to the flats and then drove me to my camp. That's respect for fellow duners. :watching:

My point exactly, I just don't have that much air in my lungs! Thanks for driving my point home.

Richard Cheez are you really that stupid ???? :blink:

if you consider logical being stupid, why then, yes, I am

a: i agree rebar is bad slow down and read my post.

b: Do you know what you are ranting about?

c: to help you along ill state my point clearly

i think its smart to rubber cone half of the side hills for the kids so they are not hurt by geniuses that think the fingers are a place to haul a$$ around camps.

unfortunately, these are the risks when you decide to place your camp so close to a riding area. maybe a better decision on where to camp might come into play???? After all, I thought the dunes were for riding in. and, when riding in the finger dunes, if one wants to cut loose, like in the super bowl, or on the ride out to the N. pole, then why not in the finger dunes? It is all public land, do you have a right to cordon it off?

so you take my post and decide that im out drinking and ignoring my kids. and that 1 broken rule thats CONSTANTLY broken, and almost a killed a kid last year should not infringe on your comfort zone ??? genius pure genius

#1 Where in my previous posts did I specifically say YOU???

#2 Coming over the top of a dune, and seeing kids playing below you, in what is considered a high traffic area, is the genius move!!! what do they do for fun At home? play on the freeway???

meandjamesrides.jpg

as you can see in this pic we had nothing up at all we were right next to ddr you would no that except............................. o ya you wernt there! so your flappin about what exactly ???

Just because I wasn't there, and you were, makes you right? Yes, I have only been to Dumont 2 times in my life, but have frequented Oceano Dunes, which is FAR more impacted, people-wise, and no-one chooses to pitch their camp onthe downhill backside of a dune. you are screaming safety, but you have a dune right in your trailer's backyard?? To me, the decision to not camp close to where riders prefer to ride, IMO, is a safer call, then calling a dune yours.

ddr ( to help you along ) is right on the otherside of that motorhome with the box trailer. and i will add that ddr were great neighbors . so your feelin all defensive about what i dunno . im aloud an opinion so if your attacking my opinion why go off on so many diferent directions ???

It is just of my opinion, that if you want safe, you wouldn't park next to a freekin dune, the things we ride on, when we go to dumont, not the flats, the dunes??

What I don't get, is that you cry safety, but park in one of the most dangerous places to camp in the dunes.

that is all my point is.

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

and one more thing before i fall asleep in my chair, how many of you remember when the only thing out in the dunes was dune buggys and jeeps? and if someone was out in the dunes you'd kinda follow the leader as to not to have a head on collision, and yes youngsters the rails were here first! then the three wheelers and then the quads. back then anyone with sand toys was family, imagine :bawl:

I rolled in 10ish Saturday morning and upon buying my season pass I was handed two different flyers. Both nicely done and informative, for first time vistors. No earthshattering news or new rules, regulations, or guidelines.

It's a simple concept that is just lost on this generation, RESPECT OTHERS. And lost on us as a Nation unfortunately.

flyers are a good idea, if the jerks would: #1 read them #2 try to follow them. as I stated before, we can do alot to help the situation, BUT, it is up to the leos to keep the dunes in order. too bad, when they see a dangerous, stupid, speeding car, wheelie popping car, speeding in camps next to people, etc, etc--that--they cant go over and give a ticket. they can do this because they have the power to fix and take away an UNSAFE

flyers are a good idea, if the jerks would: #1 read them #2 try to follow them. as I stated before, we can do alot to help the situation, BUT, it is up to the leos to keep the dunes in order. too bad, when they see a dangerous, stupid, speeding car, wheelie popping car, speeding in camps next to people, etc, etc--that--they cant go over and give a ticket. they can do this because they have the power to fix and take away an UNSAFE condition at the sand dunes. on big weekends they should focus on the big infractions and forget the little ones. once a jerk gets a $1000 fine, he may not want to do it again. I think when I retire, I would like to become a deputy at the dunes to do just that. I guarantee they will be alot safer. the bad apples wont return if they get hassled enough. if they dont start taking care of these jerks, we will have another glamis on hand where the hp etc come with a portable jail cell-people will start robbing and beating up rider-rampant theft-etc. I think alot of the bad apples have come from glamis to dumont so they can act and do the stuff that glamis have tried to stop. too bad I cant park next to the fingers and enjoy the dunes and riding--but no, people have to park out in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the dunes and riding. same crap, different day. :laughing::bawl:

flyers are a good idea, if the jerks would: #1 read them #2 try to follow them. as I stated before, we can do alot to help the situation, BUT, it is up to the leos to keep the dunes in order. too bad, when they see a dangerous, stupid, speeding car, wheelie popping car, speeding in camps next to people, etc, etc--that--they cant go over and give a ticket. they can do this because they have the power to fix and take away an UNSAFE condition at the sand dunes. on big weekends they should focus on the big infractions and forget the little ones. once a jerk gets a $1000 fine, he may not want to do it again. I think when I retire, I would like to become a deputy at the dunes to do just that. I guarantee they will be alot safer. the bad apples wont return if they get hassled enough. if they dont start taking care of these jerks, we will have another glamis on hand where the hp etc come with a portable jail cell-people will start robbing and beating up rider-rampant theft-etc. I think alot of the bad apples have come from glamis to dumont so they can act and do the stuff that glamis have tried to stop. too bad I cant park next to the fingers and enjoy the dunes and riding--but no, people have to park out in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the dunes and riding. same crap, different day. :laughoff::laughing:

1. ticket ANYONE roping off the dunes for themselves (my dune, go away :bawl: )

2. ticket ANYONE driving irradically around and within 100 yds of a campsite.

BLM would love this, as it would increase their revenue.

NEXT THEY'LL BE CAMPING AT THE BASE OF COMP HILL AND BLOCKING OF THEIR SECTION OF THE HILL!!!!!!! THEN THEY LEAVE ALL THE BEER CANS AND BOTTLES FOR THE REST OF US

hell yeah, that's a great idea......go rebar and caution tape off Comp Hill :laughoff: that would go over like a turd in a punchbowl.............. I wonder if the rangers would do anything about that? :dunno:

the nerve of people!!! " hey, I play in the middle of the freeway.......................you people need to slow down, as sometimes, I bring my kids out here........." :laughoff::laughing::laughoff::laughoff::idiot::bawl:

and when I point out the facts, what does bearfoot bob do?????? resorts to name calling :idiot: dude, the high school forums are on another web page.

yeah, I'm stupid :dunce: :fro:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

hell yeah, that's a great idea......go rebar and caution tape off Comp Hill :laughoff: that would go over like a turd in a punchbowl.............. I wonder if the rangers would do anything about that? :dunce:

the nerve of people!!! " hey, I play in the middle of the freeway.......................you people need to slow down, as sometimes, I bring my kids out here........." :fro: :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::idiot::bawl:

and when I point out the facts, what does bearfoot bob do?????? resorts to name calling :idiot: dude, the high school forums are on another web page. yeah, I'm stupid :dunce:

do you have anything of importance to say ?? the fingers are not a freeway. the fingers are not duneable area they are all within camp limits which requires you to go slow.

I am an old schooler im 42 and been going duning since diapers and an old school rule was you didnt haulass around peoples camps. you didnt create dust where you camp or others. you want to haul a$$ grow up and go to the big dunes. people are using cones (im not ) to protect because of people who cant follow rules.You dont like the rules go to the blm .

Richard i do not know you but you are giving every indication that you are one of the many disrespectfull a$$hats out there. you do not have a right to haul a$$ on the fingers those are peoples camps. if people had respect like the old days people wouldnt need them. there is no respect for peoples camps nowadays i becon you to refer to resident blondes post.

I do agree with you however on the rebar.

pismo in the 70s/80s (before the closures) is nothing like dumont ss with all respects sir(< no that isnt sarcasm} you could let your kids go on the backside of camp away from the ocean and no one would bother them and if you did you were liable to get the crap knocked outa you.i could ride till i collapsed and never be in danger. and it wasnt just flat ground what the hell are the kids gonna learn on flat ground. maybe just maybe the ones without kids should camp away from the fingers. aaaaaaa two way street i see. we do take our kids on a heavily protected dune rides on the flats around to north pole and through the lil valley by comp. we have a good time .

its funny my simple disagreement. has turned into this . lol i dont use cones rebar or tape but as i stated i think parents should use RUBBER cones. i think they should leave traveld way up on top and i think that they should allow an escape for someone who gets stuck . they dont own it but i dont object to the way they protect there children. it has forced alot of people to slow down on the fingers i like that. :dunno:

PS : Richard dont act victimized on the name callin you refered to me as a drunk who doesnt watch his children i swear you rattle just to make noise :laughing:

Edited by bearfoot bob

If we can't play nice then this topic will get closed like the last one and people will be suspended from the site. I am not referring to anyone in particular. Let's take all the negative energy we have for these topics and turn it into some good.

Enough of all this BS, this site wasn't made to bash each other. This is for people that like Dumont, want to meet some cool people and that's it. I don't think anyone joined this site to fight or bash people. Big weekends always bring problems, that is something people have to consider when 50,000 to 100,000 are in a little space of dunes. There is always going to be people that act dumb and there is always going to be people that are cool. Everyone needs to chill out and ask thereselves why they joined this site to begin with, not to bash but to enjoy the site and respect Dumont Dunes.

you cant say f roping off a piece of the finger there are so many a$$hats that are hauling a$$ in the finger dunes. the children are in danger . i dont like that rebar thing i know tom puts it down around camp but the people next to us had the hill taped off. i dunno if it was rebar or not . those folks are from vegas we know a few of them .( i almost had to punch one of them i hate techno music at 1:30 in the morning)

anywase the lil ones need protecting to and if we adaults are alil uncomfortable i dont see a problem.

it would be better than talking about the death of a child cause of some a$$hat that thought it was his right to haul a$$ through the fingers . the rules even state you are to go like 25 arund campsights. but who is adhering to it ???

we didnt rope off the finger right next to you but the other camp did and quiet frankly i liked it cause it slowed people down from haulin a$$ through there. :bawl::laughing:

if you recall last year a child was seriously hurt cause some genius in a sand rail thought that the fingers was a usable dune and ran him over .

No rebar, it was cones that I saw.

not only should taping/coning off the finger dunes be illegal, and ticketed, but rebar in the sand is a lawsuit waiting to happen

If I were to run over rebar, put in the sand by some AZZhole, and I run over it, and get hurt, reck my ride, and whatever else, you bet your AZZ that is negligence on THEIR part

why stop at rebar??? hell, plant some fuggin land mines out there!!! put a 50 cal turret on top of the toy hauler and kill anyone that comes within 100 meters of camp!!!!

where does the lunacy stop????

I was going to bring cement next time and put a block wall up. The rebar will be inside the block wall. That's ok right? :laughing::bawl:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

look < im sorry Joe im not gonna add anymore to this flaming post i came to your sight to make friends with people who like to dune. i do have this terrible habbit of defending myself when atacked. i apoligise to the others. oceano is right this is worn out. :laughoff::laughing::laughoff::bawl::laughoff:

Enough of all this BS, this site wasn't made to bash each other. This is for people that like Dumont, want to meet some cool people and that's it. I don't think anyone joined this site to fight or bash people. Big weekends always bring problems, that is something people have to consider when 50,000 to 100,000 are in a little space of dunes. There is always going to be people that act dumb and there is always going to be people that are cool. Everyone needs to chill out and ask thereselves why they joined this site to begin with, not to bash but to enjoy the site and respect Dumont Dunes.

Thank you, Randy. :bawl:

do you have anything of importance to say ?? the fingers are not a freeway. the fingers are not duneable area they are all within camp limits which requires you to go slow.

I am an old schooler im 42 and been going duning since diapers and an old school rule was you didnt haulass around peoples camps. you didnt create dust where you camp or others. you want to haul a$$ grow up and go to the big dunes. people are using cones (im not ) to protect because of people who cant follow rules.You dont like the rules go to the blm .

Richard i do not know you but you are giving every indication that you are one of the many disrespectfull a$$hats out there. you do not have a right to haul a$$ on the fingers those are peoples camps. if people had respect like the old days people wouldnt need them. there is no respect for peoples camps nowadays i becon you to refer to resident blondes post.

I do agree with you however on the rebar.

pismo in the 70s/80s (before the closures) is nothing like dumont ss with all respects sir(< no that isnt sarcasm} you could let your kids go on the backside of camp away from the ocean and no one would bother them and if you did you were liable to get the crap knocked outa you.i could ride till i collapsed and never be in danger. and it wasnt just flat ground what the hell are the kids gonna learn on flat ground. maybe just maybe the ones without kids should camp away from the fingers. aaaaaaa two way street i see. we do take our kids on a heavily protected dune rides on the flats around to north pole and through the lil valley by comp. we have a good time .

its funny my simple disagreement. has turned into this . lol i dont use cones rebar or tape but as i stated i think parents should use RUBBER cones. i think they should leave traveld way up on top and i think that they should allow an escape for someone who gets stuck . they dont own it but i dont object to the way they protect there children. it has forced alot of people to slow down on the fingers i like that. :laughing:

PS : Richard dont act victimized on the name callin you refered to me as a drunk who doesnt watch his children i swear you rattle just to make noise :bawl:

please point out in ANY of my posts, where I referred to YOU personally as a drunk who doesn't watch his kids, and I will apologize

please point out in ANY of my posts, where I referred to YOU personally as a drunk who doesn't watch his kids, and I will apologize

you cant say f roping off a piece of the finger there are so many a$$hats that are hauling a$$ in the finger dunes. the children are in danger .
children are the sole responsibilty of their parents. roping off ANY dunes is a giant sign that says. " caution, piece of sh!t parents nearby that want to drink, and not watch their kids"

dont want an apoligy i just want it to stop. :laughoff: i came here to make friends not this> :laughoff:

i like duning how bout you :bawl::laughing::laughoff:

Edited by bearfoot bob