Disrespectful people at Dumont

This last weekend I noticed so many people out there that are just plain RUDE. There seems to be no respect at all for others. I was roosted ON PURPOSE TWICE this last weekend.

The first time was when we were coming back from the DDR buggy ride. Me, Scott, and ynot were taking the finger dune back to camp. We weren't driving like a-holes or anything and when I approached a quad (Banshee) on the top of teh dune I moved over as much as I could leaving plenty of room for the guy to pass safely. When I got to him he didn't move over at all. He looked at me like I was the one with the problem. I went even farther over almost sliding down the dune and went around him. As I got slightly past him he revs the bike and dumps the clutch and tries to roost me. :finger: I know it was on purpose too. He was trying to mad dog me and he seemed to have something stuck up his a$$. :redhat: Maybe he was in one of the camps that lined the top of the finger dune with rebar and cones. :redhat: I might have accidentally hit a few of those earlier in the day and he recognized me. :thumbsdown:

A similair situation happened as we came back to camp in sanddunesaddict's car. A guy popping wheelies in between camps almost ran into us. All we did was shake our heads as he pasted us and then he did the same....dumps the clutch and rocked the hell out of us. :finger:

I hope this doesn't become the mentality of people at Dumont. I try and treat everyone out there like they are friends from our camp. It seems there is a lot of "dune-rage" (like road rage) these days. Everyone wants to fight and cause trouble. All I want to do is go duning and be as safe as possible doing it. This last trip was fun, but I was pretty dissappointed with the people out there. I really really hope it doesn't turn into the Glamis crowd out there. :beercheers:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question...

why do the rangers let people courdon off the top of the finger dunes?

what is next? some azzhole taping off comp hill? super bowl? with the excuse, "this is MY camp"

suggestion.

maybe when ddr is present @ dumont, with crowds, two-three people in a side by side could go around to as many campsites as possible, and just give them the heads up. (i would be willing to do it for a couple hours when I am there.)

I noticed all the bad attitudes also. :thumbsdown: Kinda sucked. It actually got me a little pissed once or twice. I don't expect to do much duning on the big weekends, but it was everywhere. You couldn't avoid the a$$hats no matter where you went. Hopefully people will cool down a little since the season is in full swing.

One of the guys doing wheelies in the flats next to our trailer finally rolled it about 3 times after tons of runs!!! I thought it was a little funny, since he didn't get hurt. :grin: However the guy who rolled walked into his camp and another a$$hat came out, got on the bike, and started right where the other guy left off. :blury: WTF? It must be breeding.

I also got a little upset about the fingers being taped off. At one point I couldn't go either way and had to bail through a camped area because of the way THEY taped it off. It was there own fault I had to ride through their camp. I wanted to blast through the tape, but didn't. I did my best to maintain my cool. My wife had to get out, drop the whip and lift the tape so we didn't end up being the rude ones. :dunno:

This last weekend I noticed so many people out there that are just plain RUDE. There seems to be no respect at all for others. I was roosted ON PURPOSE TWICE this last weekend.

The first time was when we were coming back from the DDR buggy ride. Me, Scott, and ynot were taking the finger dune back to camp. We weren't driving like a-holes or anything and when I approached a quad (Banshee) on the top of teh dune I moved over as much as I could leaving plenty of room for the guy to pass safely. When I got to him he didn't move over at all. He looked at me like I was the one with the problem. I went even farther over almost sliding down the dune and went around him. As I got slightly past him he revs the bike and dumps the clutch and tries to roost me. :dunno: I know it was on purpose too. He was trying to mad dog me and he seemed to have something stuck up his a$$. :blury: Maybe he was in one of the camps that lined the top of the finger dune with rebar and cones. :grin: I might have accidentally hit a few of those earlier in the day and he recognized me. :dunno:

A similair situation happened as we came back to camp in sanddunesaddict's car. A guy popping wheelies in between camps almost ran into us. All we did was shake our heads as he pasted us and then he did the same....dumps the clutch and rocked the hell out of us. :finger:

I hope this doesn't become the mentality of people at Dumont. I try and treat everyone out there like they are friends from our camp. It seems there is a lot of "dune-rage" (like road rage) these days. Everyone wants to fight and cause trouble. All I want to do is go duning and be as safe as possible doing it. This last trip was fun, but I was pretty dissappointed with the people out there. I really really hope it doesn't turn into the Glamis crowd out there. :thumbsdown:

The sad part is there is a fine line of when you need more police there to control the a-holes. They do it because they can get away with it.

I noticed all the bad attitudes also. :thumbsdown: Kinda sucked. It actually got me a little pissed once or twice. I don't expect to do much duning on the big weekends, but it was everywhere. You couldn't avoid the a$$hats no matter where you went. Hopefully people will cool down a little since the season is in full swing.

One of the guys doing wheelies in the flats next to our trailer finally rolled it about 3 times after tons of runs!!! I thought it was a little funny, since he didn't get hurt. :finger: However the guy who rolled walked into his camp and another a$$hat came out, got on the bike, and started right where the other guy left off. :grin: WTF? It must be breeding.

I also got a little upset about the fingers being taped off. At one point I couldn't go either way and had to bail through a camped area because of the way THEY taped it off. It was there own fault I had to ride through their camp. I wanted to blast through the tape, but didn't. I did my best to maintain my cool. My wife had to get out, drop the whip and lift the tape so we didn't end up being the rude ones. :dunno:

I agree. My wife who had never ridden before got to the top of the finger (we were by your camp) and got stuck. She pulled the front end down and had to go back down dogging the cones in to someones camp. :blury:

question...

why do the rangers let people courdon off the top of the finger dunes?

what is next? some azzhole taping off comp hill? super bowl? with the excuse, "this is MY camp"

suggestion.

maybe when ddr is present @ dumont, with crowds, two-three people in a side by side could go around to as many campsites as possible, and just give them the heads up. (i would be willing to do it for a couple hours when I am there.)

I assume the purpose is to allow kids to ride without the parent having to watch them. Maybe not all the way to the top of the hill would be a compromise? Like half way? Just a thought. Our camp didn't do this, but next to us did.

I assume the purpose is to allow kids to ride without the parent having to watch them. Maybe not all the way to the top of the hill would be a compromise? Like half way? Just a thought. Our camp didn't do this, but next to us did.

That's the best suggestion yet.

The first time was when we were coming back from the DDR buggy ride. Me, Scott, and ynot were taking the finger dune back to camp. We weren't driving like a-holes or anything and when I approached a quad (Banshee) on the top of teh dune I moved over as much as I could leaving plenty of room for the guy to pass safely. When I got to him he didn't move over at all. He looked at me like I was the one with the problem. I went even farther over almost sliding down the dune and went around him. As I got slightly past him he revs the bike and dumps the clutch and tries to roost me. :dunno: I know it was on purpose too. He was trying to mad dog me and he seemed to have something stuck up his a$$. :blury: Maybe he was in one of the camps that lined the top of the finger dune with rebar and cones. :grin: I might have accidentally hit a few of those earlier in the day and he recognized me. :dunno:

I hope this doesn't become the mentality of people at Dumont. I try and treat everyone out there like they are friends from our camp. It seems there is a lot of "dune-rage" (like road rage) these days. Everyone wants to fight and cause trouble. All I want to do is go duning and be as safe as possible doing it. This last trip was fun, but I was pretty dissappointed with the people out there. I really really hope it doesn't turn into the Glamis crowd out there. :thumbsdown:

I got roosted this weekend the same way I was on top of the finger dune and a guy on a banshee comming the other way roosted me ON PURPOSE as he went by. By the time I got my car turned around to go RETURN THE FAVOR, I couldnt find him

I have no problem w/ them taping off an area for their camp... but i do have an issue w/ them taping off the finger dune... If your kids are going to play on the sand they need to be responsible as well as the parents... i say eff the 1/2 way up the finger dune just make a |_| and stop your tape at the base of the finger dune... not everyone can take the top of the finger dune sometimes people slide down and right into the tape cones rebar whatever... if they left the base open thier kids could still play but EDUCATE THEM on openening thier eyes to look for traffic.. but sometimes... when your coming down the finger dune in a truck and the lane is to narrow there is nothing you really can do but run em over :thumbsdown:

I think we talked about this before, I don't know about taping off part of the dunes or not, but the rebar is something that must stop before it impales someone, we camp way out back so our kids have a safe place to ride and we dont interfer with everybody else

just my2cents

I agree it seemed like this was a$$ weekend. My sandrail blew a CV at comp on Saturday on the left side of comp hill. I left to walk back to camp and get a tow back. I almost got ran over and didn't get a ride from anyone until i was halfway through the whoops. My wife and a friend stayed with the car. They had to get out and away from the car because the rails didn't move over and kept racing by and one did a wheelie right next to the car. It seems as though concern for others has been lost to the " look at me " attitude. Also this weekend the sandrails seemed to be racing everywhere like through the whoops right next to the quads. I understand that its everyones dunes, but it only takes one little mistake to ruin someones life. It just amazes the total disregard some people have for others. ok I am off my soap box just had to vent a little. :shocked2: :woo_hoo::loser:

you cant say f roping off a piece of the finger there are so many a$$hats that are hauling a$$ in the finger dunes. the children are in danger . i dont like that rebar thing i know tom puts it down around camp but the people next to us had the hill taped off. i dunno if it was rebar or not . those folks are from vegas we know a few of them .( i almost had to punch one of them i hate techno music at 1:30 in the morning)

anywase the lil ones need protecting to and if we adaults are alil uncomfortable i dont see a problem.

it would be better than talking about the death of a child cause of some a$$hat that thought it was his right to haul a$$ through the fingers . the rules even state you are to go like 25 arund campsights. but who is adhering to it ???

we didnt rope off the finger right next to you but the other camp did and quiet frankly i liked it cause it slowed people down from haulin a$$ through there. :shocked2: :woo_hoo:

if you recall last year a child was seriously hurt cause some genius in a sand rail thought that the fingers was a usable dune and ran him over .

Edited by bearfoot bob

you cant say f roping off a piece of the finger there are so many a$$hats that are hauling a$$ in the finger dunes. the children are in danger . i dont like that rebar thing i know tom puts it down around camp but the people next to us had the hill taped off. i dunno if it was rebar or not . those folks are from vegas we know a few of them .( i almost had to punch one of them i hate techno music at 1:30 in the morning)

anywase the lil ones need protecting to and if we adaults are alil uncomfortable i dont see a problem.

it would be better than talking about the death of a child cause of some a$$hat that thought it was his right to haul a$$ through the fingers . the rules even state you are to go like 25 arund campsights. but who is adhering to it ???

we didnt rope off the finger right next to you but the other camp did and quiet frankly i liked it cause it slowed people down from haulin a$$ through there. :loser::laughoff:

if you recall last year a child was seriously hurt cause some genius in a sand rail thought that the fingers was a usable dune and ran him over .

Well we take the finger dune to get to camp on the way back from the dunes. I don't see a problem with that. It is a dune and I don't see why people can't ride along the top of it as long as it's done safely. :woo_hoo: IMO, small children shouldn't be standing, sitting, or playing on it when people use it. You aren't gonna stop people from riding on it, so why would you let your kids near it?

When we did and were roosted on purpose while riding the finger, we were only putting along the top very slowly. And BTW, it's 15mph near any camp, not 25. I saw very few people abiding by it this last weekend, nor did I see any Rangers enforcing it. :fro: :shocked2:

the finger should be a usuable dune, despite this I still go slow on them. I don't feel safe when others decide to tape off part of the dune. Nothing like coming over the top of the finger and crap it is marked off! I know people are trying to protect their children, but there needs to be some kind of happy median. I am not trying to be an ahole but that looks like the green buggy that cut me and my wife off in the dunes...nothing like having to stop for a buggy when you were already riding on the bowl.

Edited by lindernglamis

we didnt rope off the finger right next to you but the other camp did and quiet frankly i liked it cause it slowed people down from haulin a$$ through there. :loser::laughoff:

Almost everytime cars pulled out of your camp(green car included) all the cars would fly up the big part of the finger dune to get to the other side :shocked2: :woo_hoo: :fro:

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Almost everytime cars pulled out of your camp(green car included) all the cars would fly up the big part of the finger dune to get to the other side :shocked2: :woo_hoo: :fro:

true, but when we got to the top we backed off, rolled at an angle over the dune, and crept down the other side. we didnt go blindly over or go haulin a$$ down the road on the top. What does that have to do with the kids? that was in front of our camp and we know where are kids were. We didnt fly over the other side. at least my car certainly did not! and people in my camp didnt section anything off . and if you know of a way to get my car to slow roll up that hill at a portly 2800 lbs im all ears i doubt that the red car flew over the other side either. the whole point of this is that i disagree. that people should section off at least halfway. its only an opinion but its mine . and i kinda seriuosly doubt that we even were able to break the in camp limit on that lil hill goosin it to get over the top. we could have gone up on the short hill by your camp but there was alot of kids riding there and i certainly didnt want to drive up on them. :loser:

Edited by bearfoot bob