Heater problem

dunefreak

I dont know if this helps you, but when I was looking for a new sink the other night(Dont leave chit in the sink or the bottom will crack) there is a rv surplus site that has many parts for the water heater, fridge, heater, ac, and etc for a great price. If you need the exact site let me know and I will get it off my notebook....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if this helps you, but when I was looking for a new sink the other night(Dont leave chit in the sink or the bottom will crack) there is a rv surplus site that has many parts for the water heater, fridge, heater, ac, and etc for a great price. If you need the exact site let me know and I will get it off my notebook....

yes please put up the link, Chris. :D I am gonna buy a bulk order of these damn heater parts that fail and sell them at Dumont! :assblast: Ok, maybe I'll just put them in my hauler for everytime they go out. :MBdance:

• 3 weeks later...

:bump:

Well I think I found the problem. After some time of trying to figure out how the furnace system works :idea: and how the heck to get it out from under the cabinet, sand~snake and I think we diagnosed the problem. :hello:

The sail switch was sticking. :dope:

stupid little switch was sticking closed :isbb:

post-3-1198046128_thumb.jpg

At least I don't think I need another $130 board. That switch doesn't look nearly as expensive. :beer_bang: Watch it be 200 hundred bucks. :dope::laughing:

:dope:

Well I think I found the problem. After some time of trying to figure out how the furnace system works :barf: and how the heck to get it out from under the cabinet, sand~snake and I think we diagnosed the problem. :laughoff:

The sail switch was sticking. :nah:

stupid little switch was sticking closed :thumb:

post-3-1198046128_thumb.jpg

At least I don't think I need another $130 board. That switch doesn't look nearly as expensive. :broke: Watch it be 200 hundred bucks. :blah: :dance:

I am not gonna say "I told you so." But wasn't that what I told you it probably was? :blah: Same thing that happens to Ross'. I think the sand just gets in it and ruins it. I can ask what he paid. I know it wasn't too much. Just talked to him and he paid about $30. He ended up by passing it cuz it has gone out twice.

I am not gonna say "I told you so." But wasn't that what I told you it probably was? :thumb: Same thing that happens to Ross'. I think the sand just gets in it and ruins it. I can ask what he paid. I know it wasn't too much. Just talked to him and he paid about $30. He ended up by passing it cuz it has gone out twice.

So what was I suppossed to do then? Take your word for it, then what? Expect it to change itself? :broke: back atcha! :dance:

I knew it might have been the sail switch, but I had to check first before I just started throwing parts at it. It could have only been a couple things: sail switch, another board, or high limit switch.

Anyways, nobody in town has this switch so far. I checked camping world, johnnie walker, and DKRV. I am going to check out Vegas trailer supply and then Wheelers. If they don't have it I'll just order it.

Gerald, please check and see if you have one for me. I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, like I said, I'll just order it. It will only take 2-3 days.

So what was I suppossed to do then? Take your word for it, then what? Expect it to change itself? :thumb: back atcha! :dance:

I knew it might have been the sail switch, but I had to check first before I just started throwing parts at it. It could have only been a couple things: sail switch, another board, or high limit switch.

Anyways, nobody in town has this switch so far. I checked camping world, johnnie walker, and DKRV. I am going to check out Vegas trailer supply and then Wheelers. If they don't have it I'll just order it.

Gerald, please check and see if you have one for me. I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, like I said, I'll just order it. It will only take 2-3 days.

Try kiesub electronics supply - its by sahara rv.....

If there is a number on the switch post it and I will look through some of my electronic parts catalog...

question Why is it called a sail switch, and what does it actually do in the heater process?

I don't know why the eff they call it that. Look it up, I'm sure you can find an article about itsomewhere on the internet! :thumb: :dance:

It is a switch that detects airflow from the blower motor. It's basically a safety feature so the heater doesn't start without the blower on and burn up.

Try kiesub electronics supply - its by sahara rv.....

If there is a number on the switch post it and I will look through some of my electronic parts catalog...

Thanks Chris. The unit is a Suburban SF 30 F and the switch part # is 232351. :broke:

I don't know why the eff they call it that. Look it up, I'm sure you can find an article about itsomewhere on the internet! :lol::beercheers:

It is a switch that detects airflow from the blower motor. It's basically a safety feature so the heater doesn't start without the blower on and burn up.

Thanks Chris. The unit is a Suburban SF 30 F and the switch part # is 232351. :thumb:

http://www.marksrv.com/suburbanparts.htm

for less than 20 bucks a piece on that website i would order a couple and keep one in the hauler just in case :D

It's not a very easy task to replace especially out at the dunes.

I have 6 different types of micro-switches....and that's not one of them. :mc_smiley:

Thanks for looking, Gerald. :D

So what happens? The air blows across that switch and then the furnace starts?

yep, pretty much. The airflow closes the switch, then it goes into the cycle which ignites the propane after the switch is closed. From what I understand, if it is stuck closed after the heater shuts off at tstat temperature the heater will not restart because the module thinks the blower is still going and it hasn't gone through and completed it's "shut-down" procedure yet.

Long story short, I freed the switch up by hand and then the heater started.

Stupid effen god damn piece of dog sh*t. :rant_on: :sleeping:

I finally found a sail switch in town. What an episode that has been. I put it in and the heater blower comes on now, but no heat. It shuts down about the time the gas should ignite. It looks like it might need another module board. :laughoff: Either that or a gas valve. I don't effen know at this point. I'm pretty pissed mostly because I wanted to get all this handled today since every place closed till Wednesday. Looks like I will be trying to fix this the day before I leave for Dumont. :flipoff:

Ughhh...between all the work I have had to do on the rail latley, the effed up quad, and now this..... :laughoff: :xmas1: It's almost not even worth it sometimes. :hello: