Whats your opinion; short bed or long bed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol it was usually 6-8 but hell i aint got the payments u guys do either so im happy

Who said I have a payment. I own everything I have. I pay cash.

EDIT: Accept for my new house I bought last year.

I had a 1989 Suburban 454 (7.4l) many years back and loved that thing. I used to say the same. But, I found that thing still used to take cash from me for parts...lol It also got 8-10.

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Dude i use to haul our 36ft tow hauler loader all the time when it had the flat bed and 5th wheel so :shake:

:coocoo: How slow did you have to go :thumb: I would go right on by you with a 39' behind me!!! Just sitting at the dunes waiting for you to show up :banghead::flipoff: I can not believe you actually measure you manhood by the size of your truck bed, sounds like you are one of those guys that are trying to compensate for something!!!

:laughoff: How slow did you have to go :beercheers: I would go right on by you with a 39' behind me!!! Just sitting at the dunes waiting for you to show up :beercheers::laughoff: I can not believe you actually measure you manhood by the size of your truck bed, sounds like you are one of those guys that are trying to compensate for something!!!

I could pull potesi and baker grade at like 45-50 mph faster than my dads friends 98 cummins , actually i have a truck with a short bed too .........so think again

Who said I have a payment. I own everything I have. I pay cash.

EDIT: Accept for my new house I bought last year.

I had a 1989 Suburban 454 (7.4l) many years back and loved that thing. I used to say the same. But, I found that thing still used to take cash from me for parts...lol It also got 8-10.

I had an '88 Burb with the 454, my "green beast", and always said it got 9mpg on a good day! It also got to the point, sink some $$$ into it or get rid of it....got rid of it when I bought my '02 Burb brand new. Don't miss the ol' biotch one bit! :beercheers:

lol i mean for haulin and what not , street trucks and 2 wheel drives there fine

ha ha you are funny to give a hard time to!!!! I have a short bed and love it the only times I wish I had a long bed is for the larger tank and not sliding hitch. but for daily driving I would rather have a short bed.

I had an '88 Burb with the 454, my "green beast", and always said it got 9mpg on a good day! It also got to the point, sink some $$$ into it or get rid of it....got rid of it when I bought my '02 Burb brand new. Don't miss the ol' biotch one bit! :beercheers:

I also went from the '89 to a '98. What a difference! Then went from the '98 to my Ford. I don't look back. Although, that 454 for its time had some torque and was a great stump puller :beercheers:

Reasons I got a shortbed...

1. parking is easier especially with the big a$$ tires I have

2. The only reason I would want a long bed is to pull a 5th wheel which I can't due being too high.

3. I can fit my quad and all the fuel back there already. Sucks going up the ramp with the quad though!

4. I like the look of the crewcab short bed better than a longbed.

Don't get me wrong a longbed is very practical, just not for me.

+1 I feel ya on all these, especially on on #2. but i wish i had a bigger fuel tank :(

Hi DDR's~

We're going to be in the market for a new truck. However, we are somewhat questioning if we need a long bed or short bed.

We currenlty have a 1500 short bed & 22ft pull trailer

Looking at buying a 2500 diesel and a 5th wheel~

Any suggestions, ideas, warnings, etc....

Yeah, go Dodge!!!

:beercheers: