Whats your opinion; short bed or long bed

Hi DDR's~

We're going to be in the market for a new truck. However, we are somewhat questioning if we need a long bed or short bed.

We currenlty have a 1500 short bed & 22ft pull trailer

Looking at buying a 2500 diesel and a 5th wheel~

Any suggestions, ideas, warnings, etc....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortbed is doable but expect to pay close to 2k for a sliding hitch for the 5th wheel.

Personal opinion (rhino king this is ONLY my opinion) is anyone towing a 5th wheel should have at least a long bed.. depending on the length/pin weight determines wether or not dually. Personally if i ever graduate to one of those nice 5th wheels it will be pulled with a 1ton dually dmax allison combo. :D

We are pulling a CR3905 Weekend Warrior (39') with a shortbed 2500 Duramax. There are times when pulling that I want a long bed for the added tank size and none sliding hitch, but then when it comes to day to day driving and parking the shortbed is long enough. I think there are pro's and con's both ways so it is up to you and what you want to deal with. They are right the slider hitch is exspensive about 2200.00 installed with the wiring in the bed of the truck. Also do not forget the air bags, they are a must!!!

Long Bed.

I have a short bed but I don't tow anything with it but my Waverunner or golf cart.

Why Is Pete's truck on the rack. Does it need work.. Must not be a :idiot::laughing:

One more thing only because I'm a b*tch. This thread should me moved to Truck Sh*t Talk . :D

Edited by desertskyz

Long Bed.

I have a short bed but I don't tow anything with it but my Waverunner or golf cart.

Why Is Pete's truck on the rack. Does it need work.. Must not be a :laughoff::idiot:

One more thing only because I'm a b*tch. This thread should me moved to Truck Sh*t Talk . :D

Because it was getting aligned after the new wheels/ tires got put on and the torsions got turned up. :slap: de de deee :loser::shake: :dunce: :fro:

Because it was getting aligned after the new wheels/ tires got put on and the torsions got turned up. :shake: de de deee :fro: :dunce: :laughoff::idiot:

some people can't tell one make from another and just wanna talk smack on the wrong thread maybe this person can follow a line if ya know what i mean Pete

Edited by dman74

:fro: I was givin' freak some sh*t. He knows that. Don't be grumpy dman. :laughoff:

We had a long bed to pull our 5 wheel. (with I was married) It was a Ford (Im not a ford person but)

darn thing could pull a house.

So can mine....except it can pull much more than a horse though. :shake: :dunce:

:idiot:

So yeah....LONGBED!

You wont one? :laughoff::idiot: :dunce: Gotha

I wondered when you were going to catch that one! :fro: :shake:

Back to the topic....Love having the long bed for our 5th wheel, still allows room to throw in firewood, the paddles, gas cans, etc. Being a duelly, it can be a b*tch to park, tho! :D

LONG BED....SHORT BEDS ARE FOR SHORT DICKS----I MEAN SHORT GUYS. HERE IS A RULE.....THE BED OF YOUR TRUCK MUST BE LONGER THAN YOUR CAB!!!!!! UNLESS YOU LIKE IT LOOKING LIKE YOU GOT REAR ENDED AT 80 MPH. ALL IN ALL SHORT BEDS ARE GAY. :fro: AND IF YOU CANT PARK A LONG BED, DONT DRIVE IT. ALSO, :laughoff: EQUALS :idiot: :dunce:

LONG BED....SHORT BEDS ARE FOR SHORT DICKS----I MEAN SHORT GUYS. HERE IS A RULE.....THE BED OF YOUR TRUCK MUST BE LONGER THAN YOUR CAB!!!!!! UNLESS YOU LIKE IT LOOKING LIKE YOU GOT REAR ENDED AT 80 MPH. ALL IN ALL SHORT BEDS ARE GAY. :loser: AND IF YOU CANT PARK A LONG BED, DONT DRIVE IT. ALSO, :laughoff: EQUALS :dunce: :shake:

all of this comin from a denver donkey fan :fro: at least you have good taste in trucks Tyler

and skyz i'm not grumpy just givin you a hardtime as always just for kicks :idiot:

Edited by dman74

We are pulling a CR3905 Weekend Warrior (39') with a shortbed 2500 Duramax. There are times when pulling that I want a long bed for the added tank size and none sliding hitch, but then when it comes to day to day driving and parking the shortbed is long enough. I think there are pro's and con's both ways so it is up to you and what you want to deal with. They are right the slider hitch is exspensive about 2200.00 installed with the wiring in the bed of the truck. Also do not forget the air bags, they are a must!!!

mineurbiz; Do you have any probs pulling the 39' warrior with the 2500 Duramax?

We were told our limit would be 33' maybe 35' max....??????

PS; wh :laughoff: o's got the best deal? We're from Fresno area but we'll drive down south if we have to!!

all of this comin from a denver donkey fan :fro: at least you have good taste in trucks Tyler

and skyz i'm not grumpy just givin you a hardtime as always just for kicks :laughoff:

Hey, I resemble that comment!! :dunce: I'm a long-time Denver don...errrr, Bronco fan!!

(I know, I know, not goin' to playoffs dammit) We'll see how far those Chargers get...

:idiot::P

Hey, I resemble that comment!! :dunce: I'm a long-time Denver don...errrr, Bronco fan!!

(I know, I know, not goin' to playoffs dammit) We'll see how far those Chargers get...

:idiot::P

as long as an afc team wins i'll be satisfied

easy wingnut it was all i could get at the time :laughoff: