saw this on the freeway

lindernglamis

WELL THE GEOMETRY IS A LIL OFF BUT THAT IS A 1960S HIGHBOY CMON I THOUGHT THERE WAS GEARHEADS ON HERE THATS NOSTALGiA. you lift it with like airshocks to clear the slicks some used shackels as well and then you put a straight axel under it so when you hit it it dumped the cars weight onto the a$$ end. i would like to build a 65 malibu highboy. they didnt have the technology cheap enough to run narrowed rear ends back then alot of 60s hot rods did this ..........................................

Edited by barefoot bob

WELL THE GEOMETRY IS A LIL OFF BUT THAT IS A 1960S HIGHBOY CMON I THOUGHT THERE WAS GEARHEADS ON HERE THATS NOSTALGiA. you lift it with like airshocks to clear the slicks some used shackels as well and then you put a straight axel under it so when you hit it it dumped the cars weight onto the a$$ end. i would like to build a 65 malibu highboy. they didnt have the technology cheap enough to run narrowed rear ends back then alot of 60s hot rods did this ..........................................

EXACTLY!

it was called a HIGHBOY, and it was for weight transfer, i actually had a 64 Nova that was set up HIGHBOY, it wasnt as high as that but it was pretty tall. its the car i drove to and from in highschool

EXACTLY!

it was called a HIGHBOY, and it was for weight transfer, i actually had a 64 Nova that was set up HIGHBOY, it wasnt as high as that but it was pretty tall. its the car i drove to and from in highschool

the rest of them have no appreciaction for the classics :shake:

saw this on the 95

:shake:

This style of car / Highboy, is actually the predacessor of todays "Funny Cars" these were altered or modified stockers. The phenom started in the mid sixties. Mostly Dodge Polaras. They dominated the drags until new rules were written that made them less competitive. I would give my left nut for a stock '64 hemi Polara.

the rest of them have no appreciaction for the classics :laughoff:

I have heard and seen this style of classics known as the "highboys". I have never been a fan of them though. Classics on the other hand, I appreciate every one of them- even the Fords! :rockon::shake:

I have heard and seen this style of classics known as the "highboys". I have never been a fan of them though. Classics on the other hand, I appreciate every one of them- even the Fords! :rockon::shake:

thats what spured the market to start tubbing and dumping those cars right there they figured out in the 70s that you could make extra time low to the ground. easier than throwing more hp against the wind resistence i would love to have one for nostalgia sake. however i think his front end is to low or rear to high they normaly sat with a lil front end lift if i recall. to help weight transfer

lol isee the problem he didnt trim the wheel wells hes still running the low wheel well opening kind of screwes it up. i guess it would be a sin to trim it but i would.........................................

get that thing about level put a hemi in it o yaa that would be bad a$$....................

Edited by barefoot bob