Price u pay for oil changes

vegas450r

I went to the dealership yesterday to get the 1st service done on my truck(07 2500HD). Had oil and filter changed, also changed spin on filter for tranny. I new it would be more expensive than a gas engine truck, but when i went to pay it was $236 :angry22: I must of had a crazy look on my face as the cashier ask me if i wasn't expecting a bill like that. I said H3ll no.

I know a few of the peeps here work at dealerships,or other shops. What do you charge or what have u paid for this service.

Ouch, thats gonna leave a mark. Get in contact with me or sandduneaddict next time and we'll see if they can at least use some lube at the cashier. :thumb:

There's a reason why it is so much.. Bert (sandduneaddict) will explain. That's what he does. :rockwoot:

I just price checked it...

Our regular oil change is about 60 bucks

Trans service with spin on is about 114 but 06 and newer need a new trans fluid at 28 dollars a gallon and you need 2 gallons on a drain and fill.

And what do you expect I have bills to pay... :thumb::rockwoot:

SANY0002-1.jpg

J/K

But it does sound about right

What trans do you have?

30,000 is a major service...oil change,trans flush,fuel filter,air filter.Inj flush.Probably a diff service

I'm not sure which trans it is......It's an '05 with HD trans and locking rear end. It also has the tow button on the column with a trans temp gauge. Hope that helps with the ID.

I'm thinking I'm taking this to the dealer for the major service.....as I'm tired of having to watch the Jiffy lube tweekers and this is a serious service. :thumb: I am just wondering how much I'll need to budget for.

I'm not sure which trans it is......It's an '05 with HD trans and locking rear end. It also has the tow button on the column with a trans temp gauge. Hope that helps with the ID.

I'm thinking I'm taking this to the dealer for the major service.....as I'm tired of having to watch the Jiffy lube tweekers and this is a serious service. :thumb: I am just wondering how much I'll need to budget for.

if you have the 8.1 gasser, then there is a great possibility you have the allison. 6 liters have the same tranny in them as the 1500 trucks and suv's, i think

i used to pay 45 bucks at wally world for the oil change, but over 1000 dollars of cleaning bills to get the oil stains off my driveway from their ineptitude drove me away. I now pay 55 bucks, and am happy with the service at another lube and tune.

I had the tranny and the diffs serviced @ the stealership within the last 20000 miles, and felt some sand in the vasoline :rockwoot: . from now on, I will be doing that myself.

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

I went to the dealership yesterday to get the 1st service done on my truck(07 2500HD). Had oil and filter changed, also changed spin on filter for tranny. I new it would be more expensive than a gas engine truck, but when i went to pay it was $236 :angry22: I must of had a crazy look on my face as the cashier ask me if i wasn't expecting a bill like that. I said H3ll no.

I know a few of the peeps here work at dealerships,or other shops. What do you charge or what have u paid for this service.

DAmn don what happend to half off? i bet your walkin fuynny after that one

most of all that was the trans service...

Gerald if you have the 6.0L, you should have the 4L80 trans, different from the 1500's which have a 4L60. :thumb: . The 4L80's are a little cheaper to service than the Allison.

Yes I have the 6.0L HD setup. Anyone know what the 30,000 major service costs?

its a chevy gerald you dont need no stinkin 30k service... hell i went 60k+ before my transfer case started ticking cuz of low oil and 3 years on a fuel filter and never clogged an injector.. hehe

i did change the oil regularly though!

I just price checked it...

Our regular oil change is about 60 bucks

Trans service with spin on is about 114 but 06 and newer need a new trans fluid at 28 dollars a gallon and you need 2 gallons on a drain and fill.

And what do you expect I have bills to pay... :coocoo::thumb:

SANY0002-1.jpg

J/K

But it does sound about right

i just got out the invoice:

$69 for labor on oil change, filter $16 11 qt oil $3 qt

$53for labor on trans, $40 for filter, nothing listed for trans fliud. they just changed filter.

I guess i'll find someplace else or do it my self until the major mileage checks due.

I figured $80-$120 going in by no way figured $230 +

my oil change used to cost me around 15 bucks and i supplied the oil. :D I will be damned if im paying dealership premiums for full synthetic oil... total cost for my oil changes was 35 -37 bucks.. .20 for the synthetic at walmart 15 - 17 bucks labor depending on wether there was a loose oil filter floating around the stealership!

Last time I had my oil changed it was $125.00, but I was expecting $60.00. Bill Heards has a price chart and it is not just an oil change, it is 5k service or something. I have an 3QT 06 2500 HD

I see you have a 08 cr39 weekend warrior, we are ordering the cr37 weekend warrior.How do you like it?I have only seen the 07 but the info and pictures on the 08 seem alot nicer.

Back to the oil change subject, we just bought a 06 f-350 deisel to pull the new toy hauler,looking foward to the oil change bill as i heard it is not cheap.BIG KID TOY'S,YOU WANT TO PLAY YOU PAY$$$

its a chevy gerald you dont need no stinkin 30k service... hell i went 60k+ before my transfer case started ticking cuz of low oil and 3 years on a fuel filter and never clogged an injector.. hehe

i did change the oil regularly though!

I'm gettin' the service. I like to keep my truck in good shape. :chev_bowtie: