Twist or Push

YFZ Chick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont suck . they work. :D

bad farmer :beercheers: bad farmer :laughing::slap:

you are right they do work but its much nicer with a twist i didnt think about it but alot of people that have bought quads have never been up on 2 wheels so twist would seem foreighn but if you notice those that have played both sides of the fence all say twist

theres a hidden meaning if you play this backwards :tapdance: :2cents:

Edited by barefoot bob

bad farmer :mc_smiley: bad farmer :mc_smiley: :barf:

you are right they do work but its much nicer with a twist i didnt think about it but alot of people that have bought quads have never been up on 2 wheels so twist would seem foreighn but if you notice those that have played both sides of the fence all say twist

theres a hidden meaning if you play this backwards :laughoff::laughoff:

Bob...did you take your meds today? :mc_smiley: j/k

Bob...did you take your meds today? :mc_smiley: j/k

in the words of homer simpson

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thorazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen agagagagagagagagagagaagagag :mc_smiley:

im teriibly excited i havnt been to the dunes since halloweeeny

Edited by barefoot bob

I grew up on a dirt bike but when I bought my quad I gave the thumb dumb a chance. :mc_smiley: LAME is all i can say for it. whats the point? you don't have any more control, you can't grip the bar as well. The only drawback is, hard left turns are a reach to stay in the gas. 1/4 turn is the way to go! :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley:

I have a twisty on my quad (it is an automatic tho), love it, wouldn't have it any other way. Had my hubby put one on the new to me Warrior while it was being rebuilt. Didn't want the thumb throttle. Personally, I like the control I have with the full grip.

twist throttles are okay if you are on flat ground but if you hit a bump it can make you give it hella gas.

maybe its just because i wrecked a quad with a twist that i hate them so much :beercheers:

Get a twist. You get an additional 5hp! :headbang1: :mc_smiley:

Alright the deed has been done... :hello: Didn't take very long a couple of beers :unsure: and a little bit of motivation and it was done in about 20 min. Total cost was $50 for parts (throttle and new grips) and 18 pack if beer for labor. (Have a bit of a connection that is a hell of a wrencher.) I let you know what I think of her, after the great weekend. Thank you guys for all your input. :D

twist throttles are okay if you are on flat ground but if you hit a bump it can make you give it hella gas.

maybe its just because i wrecked a quad with a twist that i hate them so much :mc_smiley:

I know what you mean Kayla, twist throttles aren't very forgiving! Easy to gas it instead of backing off, been there, done that!! :bump:

I know what you mean Kayla, twist throttles aren't very forgiving! Easy to gas it instead of backing off, been there, done that!! :drinkbeer:

kelly make up your mind :freakin_nuts: you like it you don't like it geez your confusing :beercheers::laughing:

just wanted to give you a hard time

Edited by dman74

If I ride with a thumb for more than a half hour then I can hardly move my hand, let alone put pressure in with my thumb. You just gotta learn how to properly use your arm and wrist with a twist, for me atleast I know to stiffen it and grip tighter on the whoops so I don't dump it all out and flip back.

Nothing twist throttles suck ALL the time :P

:laughing::laughoff::think: :hug: :laughing::idiot: farmer :watching:

if you reeeeeeeeeeealy think about it god gave us opposable digits for a reason twist grips !! you actually have less grip on the bike with a thumb grip .

i guess some people have weak wrists......................... :dance:

:chev_bowtie: :chev_bowtie: :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::flipoff: farmer :laughoff:

if you reeeeeeeeeeealy think about it god gave us opposable digits for a reason twist grips !! you actually have less grip on the bike with a thumb grip .

i guess some people have weak wrists......................... :beercheers:

thats true but what about if you hit a bump and it moves your wrist its not gonna make you throttle it witha thumb throttle. just my opinion riiight :laughoff:

Alright I know I have been home for a day now and haven't said anything about the new throttle. :ahhhhh: (If anyone really cares of the outcome.)

I loved it, I was able to ride as much as I wanted no sore thumb, no arm pump, no hitting a bump and giving it hella gas. :dope: (Whatever that is about, it's called a little control, and maybe not weak wrist.) :cry:

:rolleyes: Anyway I would suggest it to anyone that has ridin with a twist before, it was an easy fix, not to spendy, and I was able to enjoy riding a lot longer.

Thanks you everyones input. :rolleyes: