Twist or Push

YFZ Chick

I have a YFZ 450 that I love, the only problem I have is the throttle, After 2 days of ride my thumb starts to hurt :cripple: and when I want to ride I can't go all out, :laughoff: (maybe I'm a whimp) My question is what is everyone opinion on changing it over to a twist throttle. I grow up on a bike and do well with it, I'm just not sure about doing it on a quad. :dance: I know I can change the tension with the spring, Give me your input, what should I do? :laughoff:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd stick to the thumb, last twist on a quad with me didnt work out to well, hurt alot too. Boyson makes a softer push. You can also do the spring mod, which will lighten it up quit abit. Also the 400ex one will fit and is alot softer....SF Woody :cripple:

uhhhhh hu hu hu hu :cripple::laughoff:

anyways...

I have always only liked twist throttle since I started on a wheeler I have always been used to them. The thumb throttle has always bugged me too.

As long as you have ridden one w/a twist before and liked it, you should be just fine. Some people are just too retarded to ride a bike with one though. :flipoff::laughoff: :dance:

:laughoff::cripple: Kinda like the picture posting thing, and slots with to many functions :dance: , just got used to the thumb I guess. I had no problems with a twist on the bike, just prefer to stay intact, I'm to old to be getting hurt again. But yes if your used to it, you shouldn't have any problems at all..SF Woody

:idiot::cripple: Kinda like the picture posting thing, and slots with to many functions :laughoff: , just got used to the thumb I guess. I had no problems with a twist on the bike, just prefer to stay intact, I'm to old to be getting hurt again. But yes if your used to it, you shouldn't have any problems at all..SF Woody

Woody, I wasn't calling you retarded! Now am I am though, retard! :idiot::laughoff::flipoff: :dance:

You can also buy a clamp on thumb throttle extender first. It wont strain your some so much. I've seen lots of peeps run them. They all seem to like them. $20.00 at most shops :ban-split:

Edited by wingnut

i dont usually get arm pump ( dont think im riding fast enough ) its all about breathing and relaxing and letting the blood flow. You get tensed up and start gripping like your gonna die the entire ride you will have some serious arm pump.. Relax a little :D

uhhhhh hu hu hu hu :whacky101: :laughoff:

anyways...

I have always only liked twist throttle since I started on a wheeler I have always been used to them. The thumb throttle has always bugged me too.

As long as you have ridden one w/a twist before and liked it, you should be just fine.Some people are just not retarded enough to ride a bike with one though. :worthless_without_pics: :worthless_without_pics: :laughoff:

that's what I thought you said :worthless_without_pics:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

That thumb extender helps and after a few days of riding you will build up the strength. :rockwoot:

I must admit. I like the thumb.

I'm a wimp with the twist :ahhhhh: and ride like crap with it.

I've had a lil 80 yam when I was 10. I just made my oldest Bro do a wheelie on it.

Just a stock quad and buggy now. :ban-split:

Edited by Grimace

I have a YFZ 450 that I love, the only problem I have is the throttle, After 2 days of ride my thumb starts to hurt :rockwoot: and when I want to ride I can't go all out, :woo_hoo: (maybe I'm a whimp) My question is what is everyone opinion on changing it over to a twist throttle. I grow up on a bike and do well with it, I'm just not sure about doing it on a quad. :ban-split: I know I can change the tension with the spring, Give me your input, what should I do? :laughoff:

Might want to try one of these for $20 and an hour of work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dirt-cheap-...bayphotohosting

My sister and her boyfriend complain about the thumb throttle on the yfz450 also, but on my z400 the throttle is so soft you don't even realize you are using it. They were saying something about trying to get a throttle like mine and switch it out :ban-split:. I have seen the throttle extensions and was curious about those, I was thinking about getting one for my sister so she can keep up with me :rockwoot: not that I can go very fast or anything. I have never used a twist throttle before, but my thought is try the extender first. :laughoff: